Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point
(10-20-2022, 09:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Anyway, the right wing talking point about students using litter boxes has been disproven.

But they keep repeating it.

Because the Republican party is being led, and has turned into, internet commentator trolls.

I keep saying every accusation by the Right is an admission of guilt.

Do you realize what this means?!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 11:16 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I keep saying every accusation by the Right is an admission of guilt.

Do you realize what this means?!

If Lindsey Graham DOESN'T use a litter box I'll be shocked.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Stating facts is playing the victim card?

Stating that I'd get suspended is not playing the victim card but yet explaining to you why I wouldn't answer.

Mhm.
Saying "it's ok to insult me like that but I'm not afforded the same freedoms", however, is declaring yourself special and a victim of unfair persecution.

(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You also go back to litter boxes again even though I said that she hadn't mentioned it in their school, once again proving that you're posting empty rhetoric and destroying your "argument".

The litter boxes come up again and again for that is what people that narrate the same story than you do usually add to it. The claim is that kids identify as cats and the schools have to accomodate them beause of crazy leftists, they even have to put up litter boxes. But I get it, your stance is that a lot of kids identify as cats and the schools have to accomodate them because of crazy leftists, but nope no litter boxes, that would be absurd.
Got it.

(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's the story.

And apparently it is ok because they don't have any problem with girls that were born girls seeing them change and then they say that transgender girls are real girls.

Again, no, I don't think it's ok to stare at people changing. And whoever tells me it is is wrong in my book. And I guess in everyone's really.
Thanks for the link, I don't really know what to make of it, seems to be a lot of he said she said and a collection of a bunch of rumors and hearsay. But sure, if a transgender - or again, anyone - actually stares at folks changing, that needs to be addressed, preferrably by school policies rather than the law. It's quite possible this particular school got some things wrong here.
The problem is, again, that this can not really be attributed to transgenderism. A gay boy could just as well stare at other boys changing as well, or a bisexual boy/girl or a lesbian girl staring at other girls. It's something that can happen whenever multiple people share a bathroom. Some just are indecent or lewd people. Banning transgenders, still a tiny slice of the overall population, won't solve that.

(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I asked about a male bathroom as my driver was picking me up and I asked about a male bathroom since it was an all-girls school and he likes to hear himself talk, and he made a joke about gender identity and I said "yeah, it's ridiculous how kids can identify as whatever they want," and then he told a story about how students in his grandkids schools identify as animals and then the teacher responded with how they have a few.

That's the story? Seems to me you fell for an offhand remark, or a joke if you will.
Because, of course, it is one. Here's what I would say, if American schools actually accept and encourage students to live their new found identity as a cat, then I'm the first to say that this is crazy. I guess no one here questions that it would be absurd.
It's just not happening.

(10-20-2022, 01:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Make stuff up that fits their ideology? Like making up that a person claiming their a cat makes them a cat, or a boy claiming he's a girl makes him a girl?

Does reality not exist anymore?

Is there no truth in anything?

Not your truth, nope. Your truth being that everyone is either 100% male or 100% female. That is not true. If you wish, take a look at this case, just for example. And realize that it's not always so binary in every case, and that there's a spectrum. There are biological males or females with traits from the opposite sex, in extremes even including both male and female reproduction organs, but more often with hormonal divergences. I don't know much about that stuff, but physicians and psychologists do. And they could inform you about the actual truth of human nature, and that people born the wrong gender often suffer greatly, including many that become suicidal, it's not just a trend or hip or something that leftists just do because they're bored. And I do not understand your vehemence on this. Transgender people do not affect you or women you feel attracted to in any way, they do not make your life worse or restrict your freedoms. You want to restrict theirs, which imho is a bit at odds with the american ideal of individual liberty. Not to mention that you do not have empathy for those individuals, don't accept their suffering as real, you rather prefer your own narrow truth even if it isn't the truth.

And sure, at the same time the same things can not be said about human and cat organs or hormones. That's one reason why your constantly equating transgenders to people identifying as animals is so off. It's the same backwards argument as those that claim gay marriage leads to people marrying a sheep.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You say "we know," but who is we?

Actually, the old guy driving me brought it up because he said that students in his grandkids school were doing it and then the teacher said that they had a few students who did it.

How do you know anyone on here knows details about the school and these school matters?

I'm not saying you were right or wrong about the school if it was the one I just presented at, but what do you mean "considering the school"? 

Do you think only public schools are doing this?

You said it was a school you spoke at. You posted your schedule. So “we” is literally everyone with internet access.

Go ahead and recant your bullshit before this bites you in the ass.
Reply/Quote
NH Senate candidate Bolduc repeats litter box myth. Stop me if this sounds familiar...He heard the story from a teacher. Demands the school prove it is false despite their denials

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/10/31/kfile-don-bolduc-new-hampshire-furries-nr-contd-vpx.cnn

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 09:54 AM)pally Wrote: NH Senate candidate Bolduc repeats litter box myth.  Stop me if this sounds familiar...He heard the story from a teacher.  Demands the school prove it is false despite their denials

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/10/31/kfile-don-bolduc-new-hampshire-furries-nr-contd-vpx.cnn

Hive mind bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 09:54 AM)pally Wrote: NH Senate candidate Bolduc repeats litter box myth.  Stop me if this sounds familiar...He heard the story from a teacher.  Demands the school prove it is false despite their denials

Can Dan Bolduc prove he doesn't shit in a litter box?
Reply/Quote
https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-rogan-admits-claims-schools-050803502.html

Quote:Joe Rogan admits his claims about schools providing litter boxes to 'furry' kids were baseless

Amanda Goh
Fri, November 4, 2022 at 1:08 AM·2 min read

In this article:

• [Image: s_500x500]
    Joe Rogan
    American martial artist, podcaster, sports commentator and comedian
  • Michael Shermer
    American science writer

[Image: 0ae493308876ce521f125a2865309241]
Joe Rogan walks back on his claim that schools were putting out cat litter for kids who are 'furries.'Vivian Zink/Syfy/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images
  • Joe Rogan admitted his claims about schools providing litter boxes for "furry" kids were baseless.
  • Rogan first made the comment in October during a podcast with former congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard.
  • The claim, which has been circulating for months, has been repeatedly debunked by school officials.

A month after saying on his podcast that a school installed a litter box in the bathroom for a "furry" child, Joe Rogan has admitted his claims were baseless.

On an October 26 podcast episode with author Michael Shermer, Rogan walked back his initial comments, saying, "I don't think they actually did it. I think there was discussions about doing it because there was one particularly wacky mother, but it doesn't seem that there's any proof that they put a litter box in there."

On an episode of "The Joe Rogan Experience" last month, the podcaster told former congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard a story about how his friend's wife "works at a school that had to install a litter box in the girls' room because there is a girl who was a furry, who identifies as an animal."

In the podcast, Rogan said the girl's mother "badgered" the school "until they agreed" to the decision.
In his conversation with Shermer last week, Rogan admitted that he "fed into" the false claims. Rogan added that he had been inclined to believe the hoax because of his experience when he encountered a furry convention in Pittsburgh a decade ago.

Rogan's original comments mirror claims that have been circulating since at least January, per a New York Times report.

Numerous school boards, including schools in Tennessee and Iowa, have since issued public statements clarifying their stance and shooting down the litter box claims. Bruce Bostelman, a conservative Republican lawmaker from Nebraska, had to retract his words after repeating the hoax on a televised debate in March, per the AP.

Rogan did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment sent outside regular business hours.

Read the original article on Insider
[url=https://www.insider.com/joe-rogan-backtracks-litter-box-claim-podcast-schools-furry-kids-2022-11][/url]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
I know how these people think...Joe Rogan admitting it was baseless is just secret code talk for "It's super true, but I have to say it is baseless or else the deep state will kidnap and sex traffic and then blend up my kids and make me drink them so I can become an immortal demon like they are."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 10:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know how these people think...Joe Rogan admitting it was baseless is just secret code talk for "It's super true, but I have to say it is baseless or else the deep state will kidnap and sex traffic and then blend up my kids and make me drink them so I can become an immortal demon like they are."

They'll just assume he got bought. Much more complex than that and they'll have a stroke.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 11:36 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They'll just assume he got bought. Much more complex than that and they'll have a stroke.

Man, I hate to admit it, but I really like Joe's show and his overall format.  I quit listening when I switched work schedules and had no time for podcasts and such.  That was right around covid and that's when people started lumping him in with the far right.  There are times when he'll say some real dumb shit.  Hell, there are times when he will straight own up to being an idiot.  

Example: he had Dr Phil on pushing the rainbow fentanyl scare recently.  That's some dumb, nonsensical information and one of his own producers pushed back on it.  You really have to go in with context when consuming his content.

People are used to conservative broadcast standards set by arrogant, uncompromising, unlikable dickheads in the Rush Limbaugh mold.  Rush gave zero ground, even when he was demonstrably wrong.  He and his ilk were there to win scorched-earth arguments and shape a national narrative.  It was not about facilitating discussion.  

FWIW, I don't even think Rogan is a conservative.  He's liberal, in the classical sense, anyway, on almost every social issue.  He wants zero to do with helping Trump and has said so.  If people dislike him for being a meathead that spouts dumb ideas, I get it.  I guess I just feel like a lot of people that toss him on the pile with MAGA and the authoritarian nationalist crowd have probably never really listened to a significant enough sample size of his discussions.  
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 11:03 AM)samhain Wrote: FWIW, I don't even think Rogan is a conservative.  He's liberal, in the classical sense, anyway, on almost every social issue.  He wants zero to do with helping Trump and has said so.  If people dislike him for being a meathead that spouts dumb ideas, I get it.  I guess I just feel like a lot of people that toss him on the pile with MAGA and the authoritarian nationalist crowd have probably never really listened to a significant enough sample size of his discussions.  

I think that mostly comes down to the manner by which the GOP and their pundits have adopted the "Hey, I'm just asking questions, here" or the "I'm just trying to see the other side of the story, here" style of bad faith arguments that are more covering your ass accusations.  

I personally find it a bit scary/amusing that a mainstream political party has taken the strategy of "just asking questions" that was usually reserved for guys trying to test the waters of kink with the women in their lives.  

Why are you so upset?  I didn't SAY I wanted to have a threesome with you and your roommate, I simply ASKED if maaaybe you'd be into that sort of thing.  What's wrong with asking questions?  You know who didn't like people asking questions?  Hitler, that's who.  That reminds me, do you think it might be fun if you dressed up like a Nazi in the bedroom?  Just asking, don't get mad.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 01:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think that mostly comes down to the manner by which the GOP and their pundits have adopted the "Hey, I'm just asking questions, here" or the "I'm just trying to see the other side of the story, here" style of bad faith arguments that are more covering your ass accusations.  

I personally find it a bit scary/amusing that a mainstream political party has taken the strategy of "just asking questions" that was usually reserved for guys trying to test the waters of kink with the women in their lives.  

Why are you so upset?  I didn't SAY I wanted to have a threesome with you and your roommate, I simply ASKED if maaaybe you'd be into that sort of thing.  What's wrong with asking questions?  You know who didn't like people asking questions?  Hitler, that's who.  That reminds me, do you think it might be fun if you dressed up like a Nazi in the bedroom?  Just asking, don't get mad.

I have a friend who does that.  He starts by claiming he is an independent then makes posts of conspiracy theory along with leading questions that absolutely show he believes them.  I keep telling him he is spreading misinformation by not doing his verifying before posting,  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 11:03 AM)samhain Wrote: Man, I hate to admit it, but I really like Joe's show and his overall format.  I quit listening when I switched work schedules and had no time for podcasts and such.  That was right around covid and that's when people started lumping him in with the far right.  There are times when he'll say some real dumb shit.  Hell, there are times when he will straight own up to being an idiot.  

Example: he had Dr Phil on pushing the rainbow fentanyl scare recently.  That's some dumb, nonsensical information and one of his own producers pushed back on it.  You really have to go in with context when consuming his content.

People are used to conservative broadcast standards set by arrogant, uncompromising, unlikable dickheads in the Rush Limbaugh mold.  Rush gave zero ground, even when he was demonstrably wrong.  He and his ilk were there to win scorched-earth arguments and shape a national narrative.  It was not about facilitating discussion.  

FWIW, I don't even think Rogan is a conservative.  He's liberal, in the classical sense, anyway, on almost every social issue.  He wants zero to do with helping Trump and has said so.  If people dislike him for being a meathead that spouts dumb ideas, I get it.  I guess I just feel like a lot of people that toss him on the pile with MAGA and the authoritarian nationalist crowd have probably never really listened to a significant enough sample size of his discussions.  

Oh, no.  He's not a conservative...Rogan's gimmick is act like a moron who doesn't understand anything and ask questions without questioning what he is being told.  It works because he is a mid-level moron.

Unfortunately too many people take that information as truth because Joe Rogan said it.  Then when he comes out and says "Hey, don't listen to me.  I'm a moron." they think he's just being funny.  Because how could he get that show and all those listeners if he was a moron?  Afterall they agree with what he has to say.  And THEY aren't morons!
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, no.  He's not a conservative...Rogan's gimmick is act like a moron who doesn't understand anything and ask questions without questioning what he is being told.  It works because he is a mid-level moron.

Unfortunately too many people take that information as truth because Joe Rogan said it.  Then when he comes out and says "Hey, don't listen to me.  I'm a moron." they think he's just being funny.  Because how could he get that show and all those listeners if he was a moron?  Afterall they agree with what he has to say.  And THEY aren't morons!

I don't feel like the show itself was ever conceived with the idea in mind of being a political touchstone.  It took quite a while to move into that realm in a way that anyone would take note of on a national level.  

I've always believed that he walks a dodgy line with his more political guests.  His viewpoint is that of a comic that thinks people should be able to say whatever they want within the art form of comic writing.  A whole lot of people will agree with that.

The danger that arises is that the alt-right and authoritarian nationalist crowd have figured out how to manipulate that stance in their favor.  They will say some racist or homophobic or generally authoritarian shit, but package the trope in humor rather than aggressive invective.  They are getting an inch and taking a mile.  IMO that approach has been key in the degradation of faith in democratic norms.  It's both genius and evil.

Rogan's role in that particular strategy is his intent to be inclusive with opinions and lassiez-faire stance toward what's acceptable in humor.  It's a bit of a Trojan horse, and he's been a bit of a dupe with it all.  

I def don't get the impression that he wants to shape the country's political landscape, nor did he ever think he was remotely capable of it.  Unfortunately we have a population that's massively impressionable when it comes to celebrity influence and pseudo experts. They do not think their own thoughts.  Their thoughts are the ones that influencers place in their heads masquerading as their own.  Zero critical thinking.  

That's how a guy like Joe gets where he is now, for better or for worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 02:51 PM)pally Wrote: I have a friend who does that.  He starts by claiming he is an independent then makes posts of conspiracy theory along with leading questions that absolutely show he believes them.  I keep telling him he is spreading misinformation by not doing his verifying before posting,  

"Independent" is becoming to politics what "gender fluid" or "bi" is to sexuality.
Reply/Quote