Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you justify NOT starting AJ McCarron the rest of the season?
(11-07-2017, 02:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't see how Son of Paul could objectively look at Piano Man and retain his services.  If he does, I may just throw in the towel.

Oh come on, it's been 23 years...what's another...um...well 23?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't see how Son of Paul could objectively look at Piano Man and retain his services. 

Brown doesn't look at those close to him objectively.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh come on, it's been 23 years...what's another...um...well 23?

LMAO.....I THOROUGHLY enjoy your sarcasm Nately....you get better with every post. LMAO

That said, as you may or may not recall, I have been on Piano Man's case since I have been a member of Jungle Noise.  However, after getting on here, and learning more and more about the inner workings of the team, his incessant defense of the worst C in the league, "pounding on the table" for Og and Fish, and then turning around and not coaching them up to even D-1 standards, which has essentially tanked two straight seasons as a result......retaining him at this point may just finally be enough to make me "quit" until some team offers a ridiculous amount to the Bengals for my services as a fan. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Brown doesn't look at those close to him objectively.

You said it......

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.....I THOROUGHLY enjoy your sarcasm Nately....you get better with every post. LMAO

That said, as you may or may not recall, I have been on Piano Man's case since I have been a member of Jungle Noise.  However, after getting on here, and learning more and more about the inner workings of the team, his incessant defense of the worst C in the league, "pounding on the table" for Og and Fish, and then turning around and not coaching them up to even D-1 standards, which has essentially tanked two straight seasons as a result......retaining him at this point may just finally be enough to make me "quit" until some team offers a ridiculous amount to the Bengals for my services as a fan. Ninja

Well if you were going to pull for Carson in AZ in the meantime I'm way ahead of you...but spoiler alert...it's ovaaaa.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't see how Son of Paul could objectively look at Piano Man and retain his services.  If he does, I may just throw in the towel.

Yeah, i have always said i will always be a Bengal fan but that just might destroy me. That is how bad he is.

Still will come on here once in awhile and talk with the guys but will definately not care as much.

Marv and PA at the very least need to be replaced.

Marv putting his nose where it doesn't belong in the Offense on who plays and starts is just crazy and is a big reason
our Offense sucks so bad. The way these guys cannot use a player to the best of his ability is complete ineptness. We
have to be the worst 2nd half team in the NFL right? Marv does not know how to adjust at halftime. Other coaches do.

PA has such a terrible eye for talent and needs polished players to make him look good. Even then he screws them up
and puts square pegs in a round hole on his own O-line and his blocking scheme.

I mean these guys sabotage THEMSELVES they are so bad. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is even worse than i thought. Haven't been able to watch the games just highlights and Goodberry breakdowns.

Has looked bad but i thought they were improving atleast in pass protection. How can anyone blame Dalton with this crap going on?

And then go and say we should start AJ fricking McCarron as a solution?

Nate, watch this right here.....and tell me what you think.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lancemcalister/status/927578034810621952

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Nate, watch this right here.....and tell me what you think.

I see an offensive line that saved a lot of money by letting two guys go.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well if you were going to pull for Carson in AZ in the meantime I'm way ahead of you...but spoiler alert...it's ovaaaa.

Yeah, that ship has sailed.....I was hoping he could rub Mikey's nose in it....that's how much I am sick of Mike Brown's BS.

Who knows, maybe Arians comes calling for 14. Cool

(11-07-2017, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i have always said i will always be a Bengal fan but that just might destroy me. That is how bad he is.

Still will come on here once in awhile and talk with the guys but will definately not care as much.

Marv and PA at the very least need to be replaced.

Marv putting his nose where it doesn't belong in the Offense on who plays and starts is just crazy and is a big reason
our Offense sucks so bad. The way these guys cannot use a player to the best of his ability is complete ineptness. We
have to be the worst 2nd half team in the NFL right? Marv does not know how to adjust at halftime. Other coaches do.

PA has such a terrible eye for talent and needs polished players to make him look good. Even then he screws them up
and puts square pegs in a round hole on his own O-line and his blocking scheme.

I mean these guys sabotage THEMSELVES they are so bad. Mellow

Yep, I'm the same way Nate.....I'll never leave the board, but I wonder just how much my give a damn meter will bottom out if this staff isn't cleaned out.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see an offensive line that saved a lot of money by letting two guys go.

Yep, like what I told "the other Nate", 5 of these guys can't block 4.....and people wonder why no one is open, and we can't run the ball.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, that ship has sailed.....I was hoping he could rub Mikey's nose in it....that's how much I am sick of Mike Brown's BS.

Who knows, maybe Arians comes calling for 14. Cool

Thankfully my lowered standards (the hell, you say!) have me at least saying that making it to the NFC Championship game before super imploding and being the 2nd place MVP are enough to hang a hat upon.  Sort of.  The fact that Carson hasn't had to deal with Mike/Marvin in 7 years makes him a pretty big winner, too.

Anywho, when Marvin gets his extension after this year we can all put our fandom to the test yet again and show people how real fans take their agony in stride.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Thankfully my lowered standards (the hell, you say!) have me at least saying that making it to the NFC Championship game before super imploding and being the 2nd place MVP are enough to hang a hat upon.  Sort of.  The fact that Carson hasn't had to deal with Mike/Marvin in 7 years makes him a pretty big winner, too.

Anywho, when Marvin gets his extension after this year we can all put our fandom to the test yet again and show people how real fans take their agony in stride.

Not sure I can stomach that one brother...... :paul:

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Nate, watch this right here.....and tell me what you think.

Woof

Ug and her sister Lee

(11-07-2017, 02:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see an offensive line that saved a lot of money by letting two guys go.

The O-line didn't save money, Mikey Boy did.

(11-07-2017, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, I'm the same way Nate.....I'll never leave the board, but I wonder just how much my give a damn meter will bottom out if this staff isn't cleaned out.

Same, at the very least Marv and PA have to be replaced for me to have any optimism ever again here.

There are some good coaches here but i still think cleaning the house would be best for this franchise even if it takes a couple years.

Like ole Jack said, this team needs an enima, an enima!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anywho, when Marvin gets his extension after this year we can all put our fandom to the test yet again and show people how real fans take their agony in stride.

When Merv gets his extension is the day I become an Eagles fan.  :andy:
Reply/Quote

1. Why do our guys start off moving backwards? I'm not a technique guy, but it just doesn't seem right.

2. Lol @ Andre Smith. I guess he's incapable of lateral movement.

3. Lol @ Ogbuehi and the ease with which he got beat. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Why do our guys start off moving backwards? I'm not a technique guy, but it just doesn't seem right.

2. Lol @ Andre Smith. I guess he's incapable of lateral movement.

3. Lol @ Ogbuehi and the ease with which he got beat. 

Goes back to what we discussed in your thread, when all it takes is 4 guys to beat 5 guys, it SEVERELY handcuffs your ENTIRE offense.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Goes back to what we discussed in your thread, when all it takes is 4 guys to beat 5 guys, it SEVERELY handcuffs your ENTIRE offense.

Yeah it was a simple 4 man rush...and they moved through them like they weren't even there. Embarrassing...and yes, that totally opens up the D to play back and cover everything.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it was a simple 4 man rush...and they moved through them like they weren't even there. Embarrassing...and yes, that totally opens up the D to play back and cover everything.

......and we can't even run against that either.  Pathetic.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it was a simple 4 man rush...and they moved through them like they weren't even there. Embarrassing...and yes, that totally opens up the D to play back and cover everything.

Remember when OUR defense could get pressure through 4 man rushes? 
Reply/Quote
I didn’t backread all the replies in this thread so if someone already pointed this out forgive me.

If Dalton is struggling behind this line and he has the experience to quickly diagnose the d and release the ball, why do you think a less experienced qb with a slower release who is not as mobile be more successful? Additionally, when aj is put behind this sieve of an o line and does worse than Andy, what does that do to his trade value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote