Poll: How do you expect you will feel AFTER the Front Office makes the 1st round pick on Thursday night ?
I expect to feel Totally stoked about who they picked in round 1 - ecstatic
Happy with the pick (feel even better about picks coming in later rounds based on it)
Hopeful they made the right move but not totally sure they did the right thing
So, so - 50/50 about the pick – Front Office has you on the fence with their move
Lack hope that they made the right move but not totally sure they did the wrong thing
Not happy at all with the pick (got to make up for it in the coming rounds)
I expect to feel Totally honked off about who they picked in round 1 - furious
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you expect you will feel AFTER the Front Office makes the 1st round pick on Th
How confident are you in the Front Office ?

How do you expect you will feel AFTER the Front Office makes the 1st round pick on Thursday night ?

Take the Poll...

Explain in a Post the position or player you think they take that has you feeling this way or just give General reasons why you expect the Front Office will have you feeling this way after they make the first round pick on Thursday night.
Reply/Quote
I expect the pick to be either Ragnow, Wynn, Hernandez or McGlinchey so i would be totally stoked after any one of
these guys being added. Obviously hope it is Ragnow so we would have our new stud Center in the bag and ready to
go but Wynn is so versatile and would be my second favorite pick in the first.

Hernandez would be a road grader at RG we haven't had for a long time.

I like McGlinchey and think he would be solid at RT for us cause he can both pass and run block and i have hope that
either Price or Daniels will be around in the 2nd.

Would want us to trade up and grab one of these two Centers instead of waiting for one to fall to us at 46 though.
Reply/Quote
I feel like I’ll be happy regardless because I don’t think they can screw up this pick.

If we take Ragnow, I’ll be pumped because it will feel like we have a reasonable front office.

I’m actually hoping James falls and we trade to get another pick in the first so we can get a center AND James.
Reply/Quote
I voted "Happy with the pick" because I think there could be a slight chance they go defense. If they go defense, I will be curious to see how they incorporate that player into a group of mostly locked starters.
I would give an OL selection a very high chance of starting this year. Plus I'd feel much better about the OL play if they go right ahead and address C or the right side from Day 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted “Happy” based on previous drafts. We usually don’t go with my number one pick, but I’m usually happy with the player we select. Even Og I was ok with because he was supposed to be such a great top 10 talent, it wasn’t until we went back to back tackles that I started flipping out. And usually the further into the draft we get the happier I am. I’d be shocked if I’m not very happy with our draft overall by Saturday evening even if I’m b****ing and moaning for parts of Thu/Fri. I don’t worry too much about them drafting a bust or player I’d hate in round one, even though I hold my breath for “my” guy and am usually slightly disappointed they don’t pick the guy I’m pulling for.
Reply/Quote
I expect to be upset.

I said in another thread, the week prior to the respective draft, I had a nightmare we took Keith Rivers in 2008, I had a nightmare we took Andre Smith in 2009 and I had a nightmare we took Dre Kirkpatrick in 2012.

I also remember last year I was driving home when they announced our pick.

Radio: "With the 9th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select John-"
Me: "-Athan Allen?!?"
Radio: "...- Ross"
Me: "What the ****!?!"
Me later that night: "I guess that's not the worst pick in the world..."
Me now: "What the ****!?!?"

A few days ago, I had a nightmare we took Jaire Alexander.

So, right now, I am expecting that I will be mad after pick 21.

Knowing my luck, it'll probably be either Alexander or Kolton Miller.
Reply/Quote
I expect to be slightly disappointed because they didn’t do what I think they should have. But I will understand their reasoning for taking who they did. Unless it’s something way beyond stupid like a kicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 04:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I expect to be upset.

I said in another thread, the week prior to the respective draft, I had a nightmare we took Keith Rivers in 2008, I had a nightmare we took Andre Smith in 2009 and I had a nightmare we took Dre Kirkpatrick in 2012.

Radio: "With the 9th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select John-"

Yeah  - they are about due to take another Corner.

What will you do if you have a Lamar Jackson dream the night before the Draft ?
Reply/Quote
Around this time last year i started talking myself into liking john ross as our pick.

Im in the process of trying to convince myself kolton will be a good pick.

As of now i would hate it. The homer in me will see a stud if he becomes a Bengal
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 04:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I expect to be upset.

I wouldn't HATE grabbing Jaire Alexander but there are so many OT's in this Draft that are just as good as Miller.

Don't know how these guys are saying he has the most upside when he has little to no bend which is where upside
mostly comes from when judging OT's. They have to have great feet and hands and be able to adjust on the fly.

That is why i like Wynn so much if we do not go with Ragnow, he has all of this.
Reply/Quote
I said lack of hope....... I have my 3 or 4 guys I'd like for us to grab, but I'm sure they will take somebody that I feel won't be a big impact.
Reply/Quote
How would I feel? Guess I'd have to answer the same way I did when my ex wife asked how I feel...I feel like I'd need another beer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Yea that’s probably right too. Expect Alexander Kolton miller or Dallas goedert to be the selection. Hope I’m wrong as I want probably at the end of the Leighton Vander Esch the most of them all. But likely won’t happen so I see myself yet again being bummed
Reply/Quote
I voted happy,

I mean I'm going to keep up the confidence that the Bengals have turned over a new leaf until they prove otherwise. They've surprised me with their off season moves thus far and I'm pretty happy with them. I feel they could have done more but from where we were to where we are is near a 180 so...........we'll see soon enough.
Reply/Quote
I expect to be totally stoked! *as long as they pick a player that I approve of Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 05:42 PM)Synric Wrote: How would I feel? Guess I'd have to answer the same way I did when my ex wife asked how I feel...I feel like I'd need another beer.

ThumbsUp

(04-23-2018, 05:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I voted happy,

I mean I'm going to keep up the confidence that the Bengals have turned over a new leaf until they prove otherwise. They've surprised me with their off season moves thus far and I'm pretty happy with them. I feel they could have done more but from where we were to where we are is near a 180 so...........we'll see soon enough.

Negative energy never helped anything get positive as far as i know. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 04:50 PM)depthchart Wrote: Yeah  - they are about due to take another Corner.

What will you do if you have a Lamar Jackson dream the night before the Draft ?

That's a toughie.

On the one hand, I am not a huge fan of Andy. He is serviceable and fine and has streaks of greatness among the norm of mediocrity.

But, on the other, drafting a QB when you have such a porous Oline means 1 of 2 things:
1. They're not competing this year. You are preparing for 2019 with Jackson taking over at QB
2. They've convinced themselves that the Oline is not as bad as people think it is.

Plus Marvin has actively avoided having QB controversies for the duration of his time here. I'd be surprised if he wanted to start now.

Both of these scenarios seem like worst case scenarios because they both signify the end of the 2018 season before it even begins. So I'd have to go with "I'd be very upset" haha.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure i will be happy with it. They know how badly the line was and they will address it accordingly. I doubt they go center on the first pick but they’ve already surprised me this year and may do so again. My gut tells me they go center in 2 or 3. Even if they do, they could still pull out a fantastic draft.

Hope they’ve studied hard and have a good idea of the weaknesses other teams will be addressing because it will give a good idea on who we can and cannot wait for.

Reply/Quote
I really think they will go with a Center. They acquired Hart RT, Baker DT, Brown LB, and Glenn LT in offseason moves. They have done nothing at Center. Nothing. A center at 21 is a reasonable pick at that spot. That's what they will do
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 09:45 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I really think they will go with a Center.  They acquired Hart RT, Baker DT, Brown LB, and Glenn LT in offseason moves.  They have done nothing at Center.  Nothing.  A center at 21 is a reasonable pick at that spot.  That's what they will do

Man Goalpost i sure hope you are right brother. The rest of the Draft would be sweet after this.

No stressing out waiting on that Center pick. Smirk
Reply/Quote