Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you feel after this win?
First Bengals game I have not watched in well over ten years. Maybe it will help the Bengals if I stop watching any of their games .

I am totally stunned they beat the Steelers.

This win will mean no changes in coaches or front office. Not a good development.

I also do not want them to lose their draft position for the Oregon OT.

So- great to beat the Steelers and end their wining streak against us.

But was a meaningless playoff-wise victory at the end of the season actually good for the long term future?

I think not but hope I am wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was glad to see Zac and Lou finally produce a run-heavy offense with a pressure defense; to this point all I’ve seen a wannabe NFC West offense with a loose NFC East defense, neither of which work in the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:25 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: It was fun to watch the squeelers lose.

The most perplexing part was we didn't need Burrow, Mixon or half a game of Boyd to win!?!?? WTH!?!?!?!

Why is the Bell hit on Juju not your sig of the week?? For shame!

Reply/Quote
This win felt great!

...But we need to lose out, please :). We need Sewell and winning 1 more game drops up like 4 or 5 slots in the draft.

I know this is a maligned take, but we're playing for draft position, not morale. This win should be more than enough to keep morale high even if we lose out.

This win also essentially clinched ZT getting a third year as head coach (unless the next two games are absolute train wrecks), but the silver lining is that we were probably stuck with him for another year anyway, so at least this win indicates that he understands how to properly gameplan...sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Strange logic:

"I don't want Zac to start winning because then we won't fire him."
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Strange logic:

I think thay logic makes sense if you think this was just a fluke. Now if we win out (not likely, but neither was this win) with great defense and running the ball, then it won't look as flukey. 
Reply/Quote

If Zac could keep winning, awesome!  If he can't, and he continues to be the same HC we've seen for 2 years, then no, I don't want him to get one win that makes everyone think he's awesome and keep him around.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: it takes more than 1 win  to make me think things have changed at all...

Being close is nice but nothing outside of Wins and Losses matter....  and we only have 5 wins over the last 2 years... that is not enough injuries or not (no one else is allowed to used them as excuses)

I like we beat the steelers... But its not enough after 2 years
Giving up way early , 3rd year 3 drafts 2nd year Burrow will be decision time for ZT, bottom line enjoy the win and hope for 1 to 2 more with texans and rwvens.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:00 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think thay logic makes sense if you think this was just a fluke. Now if we win out (not likely, but neither was this win) with great defense and running the ball, then it won't look as flukey. 

This wasnt a prime performing Steelers team we beat...for sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This wasnt a prime performing Steelers team we beat...for sure.

True, but we also got beat by this same team twice last year by their back up QB and got smoked 36-10 by this team earlier last year. 

We out physicaled this team which is more important to change than just putting up big numbers. It could be a one off, but let's see how these last two go and if they show the same physicality they have a shot, and that will go well going forward next year. 

Think 2019 Dolphins. They won their games because of effort and physical play. If we can do that these last games and with Burrow  next year, we can win a lot of games. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:31 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: A win is always fun, but I'm hoping this W didn't save Zac's job.

THIS.  I still want Zac gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Only in Jungle Noise can people find misery to wallow in when beating the Stealers on Monday Night Football..... Ninja

I wouldn't call it "wallowing in misery," more like... trying to stay sober, trying not to get too high, etc.  :)
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:25 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I disagree with that take.  I LOVE seeing the Steelers lose to anyone, and especially to the Bengals after so many years of futility against them.  Feels great.  And will every time.  

But I also think it's a bitter sweet win.  Taylor still doesn't (and didn't last night) show me that he's improved to the point where he should earn another year.  But there is a really solid chance he does as a result of that game.  Because now he's shown some glimmer of hope.  And so the win last night might have just locked us in for another year of banging our heads against the wall and begging for him to get fired.  

If this was somehow a turning point for Zac and the team tears it up from here out, this will be the most glorious win of all time.  If it makes everyone feel great last night and this morning and then turns into another year or two of madness, I think I would have preferred a loss.  And if that makes me an idiot, so be it.  Being a fan of the team to me means wanting the best for the team.  Winning and battle and losing the war isn't what's best for the team.  And that's very possibly the result of last night's game.  Time will tell...

This is very well-thought-out and level-headed reaction, filled with wisdom.  Someone nominate the post for the HOF.
Reply/Quote
This win was a gift from the Steelers.

We only put up 230 yards of offense. In our three first half scoring drives we gained a TOTAL of 68 yards.

This win should not save Zac's job or change anyone's opinion of his coaching ability.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This win was a gift from the Steelers.

We only put up 230 yards of offense.  In our three first half scoring drives we gained a TOTAL of 68 yards.

This win should not save Zac's job or change anyone's opinion of his coaching ability.

I agree 100%!

The defense won this game. The offensive genius didn't have to do much at all except go along for the ride.

Reply/Quote
I feel great about last night's game.  This team had a serious identity problem.  11 losses in a row to the Steelers going all the way back to the goddamn playoff game?!?  I don't know what ZT or Lou said to the guys to get them up for this game but it must have been something special because they came to play.

I don't care if the Steelers lost 2 in row prior to this game.  The Bills are a great team and WFT is starting to come around even with no QB, so let's not write off the Steelers as some terrible team.  Another demoralizing loss for the Bengals does absolutely no good.  We've become so obsessed with draft position that it clouds the real picture.  It's about creating a winning culture again and I think this is a great step in that direction.

I don't know if ZT can coach or if our team just sucks or both.  But I do know if they just fix the damn OL and Burrow comes back, I don't see how we cant be much better next year.  Before Burrow went down, we had a chance to win every single game except the Ravens and Steelers games.  
I wish he could have been part of last night's victory.  That really would've been something.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 04:47 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I feel great about last night's game.  This team had a serious identity problem.  11 losses in a row to the Steelers going all the way back to the goddamn playoff game?!?  I don't know what ZT or Lou said to the guys to get them up for this game but it must have been something special because they came to play.

I don't care if the Steelers lost 2 in row prior to this game.  The Bills are a great team and WFT is starting to come around even with no QB, so let's not write off the Steelers as some terrible team.  Another demoralizing loss for the Bengals does absolutely no good.  We've become so obsessed with draft position that it clouds the real picture.  It's about creating a winning culture again and I think this is a great step in that direction.

I don't know if ZT can coach or if our team just sucks or both.  But I do know if they just fix the damn OL and Burrow comes back, I don't see how we cant be much better next year.  Before Burrow went down, we had a chance to win every single game except the Ravens and Steelers games.  
I wish he could have been part of last night's victory.  That really would've been something.

It was probly just the video of JUJU dancing on the logo and that should have been enough.

But with Zach and Burrow together they only won twice.  and i dont think burrow was the problem as he scrambled a lot and saved a lot of plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 05:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: It was probly just the video of JUJU dancing on the logo and that should have been enough.

But with Zach and Burrow together they only won twice.  and i dont think burrow was the problem as he scrambled a lot and saved a lot of plays.

I did not see Burrow as a problem, just a rookie who when the field short or 3rd down he had his most difficulty but I like the connection ZT and Burrow have made and hope he can come back and play in most of our games next year and see what we can do with ZT and Burrow 2 years together. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 05:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I did not see Burrow as a problem, just a rookie who when the field short or 3rd down he had his most difficulty but I like the connection ZT and Burrow have made and hope he can come back and play in most of our games next year and see what we can do with ZT and Burrow 2 years together. 

i didnt see any connection... just ZT leaving Burrow out to dry behind that line instead of using the run game.
Reply/Quote

Only if you ignore Zac's total body of work, and Mike Brown's history.

Three of Zac's 5 wins have come in December, when the season is already in the shitter. He is 2-19-1 in all other games. It seems 'logical' to say that he can't win games when it actually matters. 
Reply/Quote