Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How important is a TE
(03-05-2024, 08:46 PM)Nepa Wrote: He missed the last eight games of the season with a concussion and was cut despite the Panthers only saving $52,000 in cap space and eating nearly 10 million in dead money. Not sure there will be much interest in him. 

damn forgot about that hes probly gonna need to retire
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 07:58 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agree with Tobin no more revolving door, draft a TE or sign one for 3-4 yrs. 

That will be good if they can draft the Right TE 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: damn forgot about that hes probly gonna need to retire

Hurst begs to differ. He says he is cleared.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bengals_reunion_coming_hayden_hurst_shares_positive_health_update/s1_16652_40064277
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:01 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Hurst begs to differ. He says he is cleared.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bengals_reunion_coming_hayden_hurst_shares_positive_health_update/s1_16652_40064277

i am for it if he can play....

Its up to the players how much they want to risk on the field
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:01 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Hurst begs to differ. He says he is cleared.

I just don't want a revolving door for third year in a row. And if the Bengals wanted that, they could have signed Zach Ertz. I think they are looking for some multiple-year stability.
Reply/Quote

Well, I am not against it then if the coaches think he is alright to go. He would be good depth at the very least.

Really like Hayden Hurst as a person and how he plays. He had fire when he played with us, hard to tackle and just played really hard.

(03-06-2024, 05:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i am for it if he can play....

Its up to the players how much they want to risk on the field

It is, he knows better than anybody I would think and wouldn't be risking it if he knew better.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: I just don't want a revolving door for third year in a row. And if the Bengals wanted that, they could have signed Zach Ertz. I think they are looking for some multiple-year stability.

you would still draft one early i think...   And just not have to throw them to the fire right away
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you would still draft one early i think...   And just not have to throw them to the fire right away

Define early. 4th? If I have Hurst + Hudson + Sample back, I am probably locked in to RT, WE, CB the 1st 3. Assuming I spent my FA $$ on DT + Reader. 

Outside of Bowers, I am not in love with the TEs. Sinnott, Stover, & Johnson the best. Maybe one falls to 4th. If not, Bell or Reiman. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, I am not against it then if the coaches think he is alright to go. He would be good depth at the very least.

Really like Hayden Hurst as a person and how he plays. He had fire when he played with us, hard to tackle and just played really hard.

It is, he knows better than anybody I would think and wouldn't be risking it if he knew better.

He also knows that he was likely going to retire comfortably after that contract ran it's course.  Now, he likely needs another year or two of NFL pay to get where he wants to be after football is done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He also knows that he was likely going to retire comfortably after that contract ran it's course.  Now, he likely needs another year or two of NFL pay to get where he wants to be after football is done.

True, just don't want the guy to get hurt bad for it. Getting amnesia from a concussion is pretty bad.

Would scare the shit out of me. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, just don't want the guy to get hurt bad for it. Getting amnesia from a concussion is pretty bad.

Would scare the shit out of me. Mellow

I have moments of "dazed confusion" that I often wonder are from playing tackle football into my mid 30s.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I have moments of "dazed confusion" that I often wonder are from playing tackle football into my mid 30s.

Dazed and confused eh?

Sounds like from smoking too much weed. JK  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dazed and confused eh?

Sounds like from smoking too much weed. JK  Hilarious

Well, there was that time period in my lifetime as well...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, there was that time period in my lifetime as well...

Most of us have all had it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 06:00 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Define early. 4th? If I have Hurst + Hudson + Sample back, I am probably locked in to RT, WE, CB the 1st 3. Assuming I spent my FA $$ on DT + Reader. 

Outside of Bowers, I am not in love with the TEs. Sinnott, Stover, & Johnson the best. Maybe one falls to 4th. If not, Bell or Reiman. 

Sinnot or Johsnon in the 3rd and draft Tip Reiman in the 7th.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 06:00 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Define early. 4th? If I have Hurst + Hudson + Sample back, I am probably locked in to RT, WE, CB the 1st 3. Assuming I spent my FA $$ on DT + Reader. 

EArly in the draft would be the first 2 days for me  Rounds 1-3

But talent rated that high usually slides into the 4th as well  if we cant get one we think is a long term solution then you get a stop gap and go shopping again next year.
Reply/Quote
Just say no to Hurst and Uzo. Thanks for the memories guys, but no. We need someone better, whether it be a FA or draft pick. A legitimate 700+ yd TE. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Noah Fant is the best option on the upcoming FA market to give stability to the TE position with Schultz already extended by HOU.
Honestly, the TE FA market is not good this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 06:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Noah Fant is the best option on the upcoming FA market to give stability to the TE position with Schultz already extended by HOU.

Yeah, I would be fine with Noah Fant. From the sound of it we might actually give a FA TE more than a year extension if they don't want 
the revolving door like they said.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 06:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Noah Fant is the best option on the upcoming FA market to give stability to the TE position with Schultz already extended by HOU.

Fant was the guy i was eyeballing if they go FA. Stays healthy, high catch% the last 3 years and a pretty good YPC. He looks like a guy they could go after without breaking the bank and he's still in the middle of his prime. 

The FO is talking like a pass catcher isn't a priority but i wonder how much they really like Bowers. It would be interesting to see what happens in FA if they really have their eyes set on him. Chances are likely they'd need to trade up though. 

Funny story: I checked a couple recent mocks and several have Bowers going after the Bengals. Only saw one where he was taken a couple picks before the Bengals. Then i checked Walter's mock...

Dude has him going #5 to the Chargers. o_O
With aging WRs making big bank...and all the WR talent on the board...with the Chargers needing line help on both sides and a lot of other stuff...he has him going fifth to the Chargers.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote