Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How likely to see NFL
(07-18-2020, 01:59 PM)Mer Wrote: That's about current infections, not past. But to use it, it does mention antibodies = immunity.

Also, science is an evolving area. The truth is we all know very little about it. Since you want to belittle me about it, are you the master?

It says “Tests for Past Infection” plain as the nose on your face. At the top. Can’t miss it if you bothered to pay attention. It also says you should protect yourself because you could get the virus again. Or did you miss that, too?

I’m not the master. Don’t claim to be the master. But, I will challenge you about obviously false information.
Reply/Quote
I've been more pessimistic in the last few weeks due to the increased spread. However, MLB gives me some hope. They seem to be rolling along pretty smoothly with a very low rate of infections. I'm starting to let myself get excited about it. We're a week out and looking at actual baseball games next Thursday. I'm sure the NFL is taking notice, as they should.

It would be a big morale boost to sports fans if baseball could sustain it's abbreviated season.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 02:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It says “Tests for Past Infection” plain as the nose on your face. At the top. Can’t miss it if you bothered to pay attention. It also says you should protect yourself because you could get the virus again. Or did you miss that, too?

I’m not the master. Don’t claim to be the master. But, I will challenge you about obviously false information.
How is my test false information? As far as science goes viruses all act similarly. If we didn't build immunities to exposure why would they make vaccines that contain the actual virus (some inactive, some active)? 

No we don't know everything about Covid-19, but we do know how viruses behave. That's science.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 02:36 PM)samhain Wrote: I've been more pessimistic in the last few weeks due to the increased spread.  However, MLB gives me some hope.  They seem to be rolling along pretty smoothly with a very low rate of infections.  I'm starting to let myself get excited about it.  We're a week out and looking at actual baseball games next Thursday.  I'm sure the NFL is taking notice, as they should.  

It would be a big morale boost to sports fans if baseball could sustain it's abbreviated season.
I agree with you 100%. Of course IF things go well it will take the wind out of the media's sails. So be ready for any negative, scare tactic reporting they can find.

Reply/Quote
Now to address the OP, I do believe we'll see football this fall. At some point in time we need to get back to normal life. The owners make too much money to forfeit the season. The only way I see it not happening is if the government steps in and tries to take control which is very possible.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 02:38 PM)Mer Wrote: How is my test false information?

You claimed you had Covid 19 in February when there were only 62 confirmed cases max. Yet, your test results confirm you could have been infected in March, April, and possibly early May. Frankly, we can’t say when you were infected except to say you were infected in May or earlier. In April the US had over 1M confirmed cases. So when were you more likely to be infected? When there were less than 62 known cases? Or over 1M known cases?

You claimed you have immunity. I showed references that indicate we don’t know.

I claimed you don’t need to take any precautions such as wearing a mask and I showed you a reference indicating your belief is incorrect.

Quote:As far as science goes viruses all act similarly.

So RNA viruses act similarly to DNA viruses? No

Quote:If we didn't build immunities to exposure why would they make vaccines that contain the actual virus (some inactive, some active)? 

You overlooked the most common type which involves just pieces of the virus and toxoid vaccines.

Some vaccines have to be given as a series because one vaccination alone won’t confer immunity. Others have to be boosted because our immunity wanes. Then there are cases in which we haven’t been able to develop a vaccine using all of our technology.

Tell me, when did you get your HIV vaccine? Never. Because we don’t have one.

Quote:No we don't know everything about Covid-19, but we do know how viruses behave. That's science.

Does HIV and HPV behave the same? No.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 02:55 PM)Mer Wrote: Now to address the OP, I do believe we'll see football this fall. At some point in time we need to get back to normal life. The owners make too much money to forfeit the season. The only way I see it not happening is if the government steps in and tries to take control which is very possible.

If Trump wants the schools open next month, I don’t see him stepping in during this fall and taking over the NFL to shut it down.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 03:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You claimed you had Covid 19 in February when there were only 62 confirmed cases max. Yet, your test results confirm you could have been infected in March, April, and possibly early May. Frankly, we can’t say when you were infected except to say you were infected in May or earlier. In April the US had over 1M confirmed cases. So when were you more likely to be infected? When there were less than 62 known cases? Or over 1M known cases?

You claimed you have immunity. I showed references that indicate we don’t know.

I claimed you don’t need to take any precautions such as wearing a mask and I showed you a reference indicating your belief is incorrect.

So RNA viruses act similarly to DNA viruses?  No

You overlooked the most common type which involves just pieces of the virus and toxoid vaccines.

Some vaccines have to be given as a series because one vaccination alone won’t confer immunity. Others have to be boosted because our immunity wanes. Then there are cases in which we haven’t been able to develop a vaccine using all of our technology.

Tell me, when did you get your HIV vaccine? Never. Because we don’t have one.

Does HIV and HPV behave the same? No.
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? You asked me how I knew I had Covid-19 so I answered it. Now all you want to do is attack me. Have a good day sir. I hope whatever is truly bothering you gets resolved.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 03:21 PM)Mer Wrote: Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? You asked me how I knew I had Covid-19 so I answered it. Now all you want to do is attack me. Have a good day sir. I hope whatever is truly bothering you gets resolved.

You claimed you had Covid 19 in February. I asked how. You answered. I explained why your evidence doesn’t support your conclusion based upon the science. That’s not an attack. That’s peer review.

That’s just one of several inaccurate or unsupported claims. But, I have an open mind. I’m willing to read any sources you can present that indicates my sources are incorrect or out dated. And if you do I promise not to claim you’re attacking me with facts.
Reply/Quote
I like turtles.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Rep.

Anti rep
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 05:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I like turtles.

Turtles suck.  Lizards are better.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 01:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: For a science teacher you know surprisingly little about science. You are particularly ill informed about Covid 19.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html

You should read all of it, but pay particular attention to the sentence in bold.

The line above the bolded bit is the line he should be reading
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 07:16 PM)N_B Wrote: Anti rep

Double rep
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Let's get this thread headed back toward how likely we are to see NFL Football this year.

Elsewise, we'll have to step in, and start enforcing Code of Conduct violations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We are starting to have issues with sports over here, we only have around 200 cases a day but are seeing multiple teams have to move states to play. All our professional teams from Victoria are now based in other states and our car racing, The Supercars, is moving to tracks in Queensland until things settle down again.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's get this thread headed back toward how likely we are to see NFL Football this year.

Elsewise, we'll have to step in, and start enforcing Code of Conduct violations.

I don’t know about you, but I for one want to learn about how the government is going to shut football season down because that affects how likely we are to see football this year.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 09:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don’t know about you, but I for one want to learn about how the government is going to shut football season down because that affects how likely we are to see football this year.

Relating the current Governmental mandates, as the apply to Professional Football is one thing, folks bickering and arguing about the minute details for what is or isn't covid safe or not, is completely different.  So, as long as we stick to how it relates to the NFL, specifically the Bengals, since this is a thread in Jungle Noise, we'll all be just fine.   Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 09:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Relating the current Governmental mandates, as the apply to Professional Football is one thing, folks bickering and arguing about the minute details for what is or isn't covid safe or not, is completely different.  So, as long as we stick to how it relates to the NFL, specifically the Bengals, since this is a thread in Jungle Noise, we'll all be just fine.   Cool

Are my posts about what is occurring in other sports around the world an issue?
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 11:14 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Are my posts about what is occurring in other sports around the world an issue?

Nah mate, you're all good around here.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote