Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How likely to see NFL
(07-18-2020, 05:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I like turtles.

No you don't Ninja
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think it will be very hard to play a full NFL season. Mentally, I am prepared for no consistent pro sports until 2021. I also think college football is dead for 2020 which will kill other college sports.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Thank God we got Burrow when we did. God help those teams that are needing QBs next spring.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Players are pretty pissed about the lack of direction from NFL on safe protocols (see the #wewanttoplay tweets) I feel they might hold the season hostage if something doesn’t change. Does that mean it’ll be a scab year? Players not sounding confident about a full season....
Reply/Quote
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/russell-wilson-whose-wife-ciara-is-pregnant-among-star-players-who-demand-nfl-safety-plan-164901470.html
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 03:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/russell-wilson-whose-wife-ciara-is-pregnant-among-star-players-who-demand-nfl-safety-plan-164901470.html

Prob future’s baby
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 03:16 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/russell-wilson-whose-wife-ciara-is-pregnant-among-star-players-who-demand-nfl-safety-plan-164901470.html

Haha... The players expect the most reactionary commissioner in sports to be proactive in this?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 12:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Thank God we got Burrow when we did. God help those teams that are needing QBs next spring.

Well, the top guys (Lawrence, Fields, etc) are still going to be no-brainers aren’t they?

Reply/Quote
Just go on and cancel the season already. The world has certainly come to realize just how little it needs these groups of whiny entitled millionaires. Let them all stay home. One missed season and they truly will become irrelevant, if they haven't already. Just, for the love of God, make all their whining stop.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, the top guys (Lawrence, Fields, etc) are still going to be no-brainers aren’t they?

After potentially not playing college football for a year and a half?  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 09:18 AM)McC Wrote: Just go on and cancel the season already.  The world has certainly come to realize just how little it needs these groups of whiny entitled millionaires.  Let them all stay home.  One missed season and they truly will become irrelevant, if they haven't already.  Just, for the love of God, make all their wining stop.

I push papers for a defense contractor...do you want to cheer me on?  I just scheduled a rip roarin' CH 13 BKPT!  I think I could pack a stadium.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 09:18 AM)McC Wrote: Just go on and cancel the season already.  The world has certainly come to realize just how little it needs these groups of whiny entitled millionaires.  Let them all stay home.  One missed season and they truly will become irrelevant, if they haven't already.  Just, for the love of God, make all their whining stop.

Prior to the George Floyd riots and protests the bug was receding and states opening without issue so the Wuhan virus can be managed.
After the riots and protests, the bug roared back during mid June to mid July.  There are early signs this outbreak is receding as the death rate is still very low and hospitalization is starting to decline.  If this trend continues its further evidence the bug is manageable. 

By end of July we'll know if the early signs are a full blown trend.  If so the NFL has a road map for safely starting the season.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 05:42 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Prior to the George Floyd riots and protests the bug was receding and states opening without issue so the Wuhan virus can be managed.
After the riots and protests, the bug roared back during mid June to mid July.  There are early signs this outbreak is receding as the death rate is still very low and hospitalization is starting to decline.  If this trend continues its further evidence the bug is manageable. 

By end of July we'll know if the early signs are a full blown trend.  If so the NFL has a road map for safely starting the season.

States started opening back up May 1st. George Floyd was murdered on Memorial Day. I don't know how much managing was done, as it takes a while for cases to show themselves. I personally hope the death rates stay low or even decrease, but I don't think anyone knows for sure. I guess they (, NFL) just needs to commit to getting it going and really get their plan straight on how that's gonna happen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Just heard the Jets And Giants wont have any fans at the stadium this year...
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 05:42 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Prior to the George Floyd riots and protests the bug was receding and states opening without issue so the Wuhan virus can be managed.

The rates of infection started to increase after the states began to re-open. Most states didn’t meet the federal guidelines of 14 conservative days of decreasing case numbers. Hospitalizations lag behind new cases. And deaths lag behind hospitalizations. The southwest and southeast are both seeing increases in cases greater than the increase in testing. In record numbers. Hospitalizations are on the rise again. Hot spots are seeing shortages of ICU beds again. Arizona has started transferring patients to New Mexico.

All across the south it’s a full blown trend. No need to wait until the end of July to make that decision.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 05:42 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Prior to the George Floyd riots and protests the bug was receding

That would also be prior to the anti-mask protests, correct?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 06:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The rates of infection started to increase after the states began to re-open. Most states didn’t meet the federal guidelines of 14 conservative days of decreasing case numbers. Hospitalizations lag behind new cases. And deaths lag behind hospitalizations. The southwest and southeast are both seeing increases in cases greater than the increase in testing. In record numbers. Hospitalizations are on the rise again. Hot spots are seeing shortages of ICU beds again. Arizona has started transferring patients to New Mexico.

All across the south it’s a full blown trend. No need to wait until the end of July to make that decision.

Would love to hear your honest opinion on whether or not you think all of these leagues should be starting up over the next couple of weeks.
Reply/Quote

Many of the Star players have already made big money, and can afford to be cautious, or even sit out.  If they choose to do so?  All that does is make room for the next generation of Star players to emerge in their absence.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Many of the Star players have already made big money, and can afford to be cautious, or even sit out.  If they choose to do so?  All that does is make room for the next generation of Star players to emerge in their absence.

That’s true. But, I think their point is that it’s a week from training camp and they haven’t heard what the plan is.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 08:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That’s true. But, I think their point is that it’s a week from training camp and they haven’t heard what the plan is.

That's odd.  I can clearly remember hearing the Sports radio people talking about Coronavirus protocols released by the NFL, just this past weekend.  Now, I only listened a few minutes, as I had reached my destination, but I distinctly remember them talking about IR policy changes that were specific to this year, specifically relating to Coronavirus situations.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote