Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long before hill is cut?
I know it may not even be this season, but if mixon is the real deal you gotta figure mixon will be the feature back and hill will be gone. When would you expect them to cut ties? I think Bernard is going no where as he he can do it all including catch the ball out of the backfield. I really liked the Lawson's pick as he could be a stud being the number 1 guy out of highschool and stays away from pacman. Ross and Malone I think can be really good. I don't know much about ross and his hands whic worry me, but hopefully with a healthy green and eifert, ross and Malone will shine. I like getting the Memphis kicker even though we probably should of took the guy from azst. But the kid from Memphis has never missed inside 31 yards. I thought we did well in the draft good but not great but we filled some needs What are your concerns.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 11:40 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know it may not even be this season, but if mixon is the real deal you gotta figure mixon will be the feature back and hill will be gone. When would you expect them to cut ties? I think Bernard is going no where as he he can do it all including catch the ball out of the backfield. I really liked the Lawson's pick as he could be a stud being the number 1 guy out of highschool and stays away from pacman. Ross and Malone I think can be really good. I don't know much about ross and his hands whic worry me, but hopefully with a healthy green and eifert, ross and Malone will shine. I like getting the Memphis kicker even though we probably should of took the guy from azst. But the kid from Memphis has never missed inside 31 yards. I thought we did well in the draft good but not great but we filled some needs What are your concerns.

Hill is in a contract year, so I would expect them to part ways after this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't see Hill going anywhere till his contract is up unless he's traded. He's going to play his butt off knowing this too. But...I dont think the Bengals drafted all this drama just to spot play the guy. So I dunno, they have to see what they have in Mixon before anything. The same with Gio's rehab.
Reply/Quote
Gio's return from injury is too much of an unknown for them to cut Hill anytime soon.

My guess is Hill will be used as a goal line back in 2017 and then they will part ways in FA.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hill won't be cut, but he also won't be resigned. Hobson made the point when talking about Zeitler. The Bengals budget plan that doesn't pay guards also only pays one RB big money and that's going to Gio for the next couple of years.
Reply/Quote
Hill=Comp pick
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 12:23 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hill won't be cut, but he also won't be resigned. Hobson made the point when talking about Zeitler. The Bengals budget plan that doesn't pay guards also only pays one RB big money and that's going to Gio for the next couple of years.

I like Gio, but what has he ever done to earn big money? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Can we see how Mixon looks before we think about cutting Hill.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 12:55 AM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Can we see how Mixon looks before we think about cutting Hill.

He could be a Hit or a flop. Ninja ok im done
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 12:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gio's return from injury is too much of an unknown for them to cut Hill anytime soon.

My guess is Hill will be used as a goal line back in 2017 and then they will part ways in FA.

i agree the real question is with gio. if gio returns fine and mixon turns out to be a beast then i bet we let hill go after this season.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 11:40 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know it may not even be this season, but if mixon is the real deal you gotta figure mixon will be the feature back and hill will be gone. When would you expect them to cut ties? I think Bernard is going no where as he he can do it all including catch the ball out of the backfield. I really liked the Lawson's pick as he could be a stud being the number 1 guy out of highschool and stays away from pacman. Ross and Malone I think can be really good. I don't know much about ross and his hands whic worry me, but hopefully with a healthy green and eifert, ross and Malone will shine. I like getting the Memphis kicker even though we probably should of took the guy from azst. But the kid from Memphis has never missed inside 31 yards. I thought we did well in the draft good but not great but we filled some needs What are your concerns.

This is just silly.   We need both Hill and Mixon.......One RB is not enough......Burkhead gone.....Bernard was very injured and news is he is still injured. ....What are my concerns ???  My concerns are people that think this is such a great draft that we can get rid of all the veterans and just suit up and field these rookies.   Truth is these drafted and undrafted free agents could add to the veterans and hopefully get us back to the play-offs.  The key words here are " added to the veterans "....Over the last 5 years Hill is one of the top touchdown scoring backs in the NFL. He isn't going anywhere.  A RB was needed because we were down to just Hill and Peerman.  That is not enough.  Mixon happened to be the RB added, but Hill isn't going anywhere.  Hill will be a Bengal and go in as the starter in 2017.   It's up to Mixon to earn playing time.  Mixon will find the yards are harder to gain in NFL going up against Steelers and Ravens defenses than in college. 

As good as Elliott was for Dallas, the Dallas coach played other running backs beside Elliott......As good as Ickey Woods was, we also needed James Brooks. As good as they both were we also needed Stanly Wilson. as good as those 3 were we also needed Jennings. .....We had a need for Pete Johnson and Alexander and Archie Griffin ......With Burkhead gone and Bernard injured, Hill can not be a one man RB crew. So Mixon added. My hope is Bernard recovers to help Hill and Mixon. IF YOU ARE THINKING PLAY-OFF WINS and SUPER BOWL, You need a stable of running backs and you move players in and out keeping Fresh Legs on the field. You want the D to get worn out and cement legs and hit them with the fresh legs. Jim Brown said even he could not avoid fatigue and the best athlete ever suffers from fatigue. This is why we need the stable of WR's and the stable of RB's if we are to ever get that Play-Off Win and another Super Bowl Trip.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Gio, but what has he ever done to earn big money? 

I believe he's referring to Gio's 3yr/$15m extension last offseason as the big money.

Gio's cap hit is $3.675m this year. If they cut him it will be $3.45m in dead cap space. Cutting him frees up all of $225,000 in cap space, so he's not going anywhere this year even if he looks like 2016 Gio.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If Hill departs it will happen when his contract expires. So next year. Not gonna happen any sooner especially with Gio in limbo.
Reply/Quote
Hill won't get cut. He'll most likely have a reduced role, play out his rookie contract and leave in free agency. The only running back that's getting cut is Cedric Peerman, drafting Wilson made Peerman expendable.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Gio, but what has he ever done to earn big money? 

Gio is the tenth highest paid RB in the leaghue this year (based on average yearly salary)

When he got that contract he had just finished the 2015 season where he was top 10 in yards per carry (4.7) and yards from scrimmage by a RB (1202).  Plus he was a lot younger than many of the RBs that finished ahead of him that year.  Also e had produced at least 1000 yards from scrimmage every season in his career.

The contract he received was fair based on his age and accomplishments at that time.
Reply/Quote
Hill will not get cut. Now that we have drafted Mixon I think Gio will start the season on PUP.
Reply/Quote
I wish he'd get cut before the season the dude is very annoying
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 09:04 AM)Trademark Wrote: I wish he'd get cut before the season the dude is very annoying

I hope he stays all year just to bother the hyper-sensitive types around here who get annoyed over nothing.

I guess "everything else fades away" except for a football player dancing after a td.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 09:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I hope he stays all year just to bothrt the hyper-sensative types around here who get annoyed over nothing.

I don't like him when he dances... so he's annoying.

He isn't a distraction on the field or off.
He had a couple bad seasons.
He likes to celebrate after scoring.
His offensive line is pretty bad.

But he's annoying. How?

Some people just look for stuff to complain about.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 11:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hill is in a contract year, so I would expect them to part ways after this year.

If Mixon performs and Gio recovers at some point in the season then I agree.

Hill has been a conundrum...I still have a sneaking suspicion that if he departs and lands in the right situation he could still deliver real solid production (1000yd seasons) to a team...maybe like how Ced Benson found a home with us for a few years after the bears
Reply/Quote