Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long before hill is cut?
We better start Mixon of Hill. Hill needs let go.
Reply/Quote
I'd keep Hill until the offer was right. I don't really see a point in cutting him, especially with Mixon being an unknown.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 11:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: ts?FORMAT=image%2Fpng&KEY=83D29C352B477F...HEIGHT=200]

[Image: MD%20IMG_2845.JPG]

Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
if we cut him we don't get a comp pick. better he rides out the season as a third string. or at least i think that is how it works

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 11:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: ts?FORMAT=image%2Fpng&KEY=83D29C352B477F...HEIGHT=200]

[Image: MD%20IMG_2845.JPG]
Let's just hope Dalton, Mixon, & Gio aren't buried with him...  covered with shitty O-line men.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill is still a Bengal and will be a Bengal in 2017.
His ypc is down. That's fact.
What can't be disputed is that inside the 5 yard line Hill crosses the end zone more than not
And the bane of this offense in 2016 other than Nugent and the ability to vertically challenge the defense
Was red zone scoring and Hill if anything is consistant inside the red zone
You can't have too many good RBS on the roster
For those of you saying the oline was bad last year and the running game was bad look no farther
Than the injuries in the passing game .
The additions of Malone and Ross plus health will help the running game due to now the defense can't load the box
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 02:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Jeremy Hill is still a Bengal and will be a Bengal in 2017.
His ypc is down. That's fact.
What can't be disputed is that inside the 5 yard line Hill crosses the end zone more than not
And the bane of this offense in 2016 other than Nugent and the ability to vertically challenge the defense
Was red zone scoring and Hill if anything is consistant inside the red zone
You can't have too many good RBS on the roster
For those of you saying the oline was bad last year and the running game was bad look no farther
Than the injuries in the passing game .
The additions of Malone and Ross plus health will help the running game due to now the defense can't load the box
Uh... I see your point, but Ogbuehi looked terrible.  Zeitler didn't even look himself.  Bodine sucked.

Whit and Boling were decent. 

Scoring at the goal line is a plus.  Yet you have to make more trips to it to make that happen. 

In other words convert downs and not put your Offense in the negative.  We need that as well as scoring.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I doubt Hill is in Cincy after this upcoming season if Mixon does okay and stays out of trouble.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 02:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: What can't be disputed is that inside the 5 yard line Hill crosses the end zone more than not

Yeah, against a compressed defense having only 5 yds. to defend. So tell me why he can't get those same 5 yds. with the same consistency in the middle of the field where the defense is more stretched.....
Reply/Quote
Why do people want to see Hill cut? He's only counting about $1.2 mill against the cap and he's much more valuable on offense than Peerman is.
Hill is pretty good RB3, which is what I expect him to be with Bernard and hopefully Mixon ahead of him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
One thing to keep in mind Hill he is actually really good when given the ball in the redzone. It seems to be the one place he runs with purpose. Combine that with the fact we have a HB coming off major knee issues and a rookie and you will see Hill a part of the game plan each week at least until the end of the season when Mixon gets adjusted and Gio is healthier.
Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt Hill will be cut short of some catastrophic off field event. He offers too much value in his contract season and whether that pans out or not is yet to be seen, but cutting him this season isn't going to happen unless he's flat out horrible and has a boat load of fumbles ..
By flat out horrible isn't 3.2 ypc.. It's more like -yardage and fumble after fumble..  With Mix and Gio in the fold he doesn't have to have a HOF season, just be pretty good and not fumble a lot.    
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 08:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, against a compressed defense having only 5 yds. to defend.

Which make it much harder for running backs to gain short yardage.

(05-08-2017, 08:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So tell me why he can't get those same 5 yds. with the same consistency in the middle of the field where the defense is more stretched.....

If you just look at carries Hill had outside of the 5 yard line He averaged 4.0 yards per carry (206 for 820 yds).  Four yards a carry is nothing amazing, but it makes the "Two Yard Jeremy" crowd look pretty stupid.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Which make it much harder for running backs to gain short yardage.

Which is my point, if he is that "money" from inside the 5, you would think he would be even better in the middle of the field with a stretched offense.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 02:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Which is my point, if he is that "money" from inside the 5, you would think he would be even better in the middle of the field with a stretched offense.

Uh, no, most people would unbderstand that running at the goal lione takes a different skill set than running the ball at midfield.
Reply/Quote