Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many are done as fans if Zac Taylor gets a third year??
(11-30-2020, 10:35 AM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Seems like so many of us are frustrated and sick of this Zac Taylor era already. With other teams making moves while we sit on our hands as usual waiting to see what happens at the end of the year. Regardless of what coordinators and position coaches may be let go me personally I dont think I can continue to support this team with Zac Taylor leading it. While i dont feel everything is his fault I dont think hes capable of being a 500 football coach. Look at some other young coaches that are managing to win without some of there star players. Heres to hoping this era is quickly closing and we are onto greener pastures

I would think any one who is willing to leave because Zak Taylor gets a third year would have left a long time ago.

I do not want to be the team that is constantly getting rid of coaches without given them the opportunity to prove himself.

2 Years is not enough time. 

I will stay a Bengals coach even if Zak is here for 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-marvin-lewis-mutually-decide-to-part-ways

Well no wonder I missed that one, I avoid the mothership like the plague haha
Reply/Quote
I've quit on this team so many times I've lost count.

Sure sign me up to yell and scream and swear "#-%~π÷=✓"#@
this team! I'll never watch this trash team again!"

I'll be back.

I always am.
Reply/Quote
Just to recap a little bit about what I've seen in regards to fans support of Zac Taylor:

-If you read any Enquirer article, pretty much every single comment is negative towards Taylor
-If you read the comments on youtube for their press conference pretty much every single comment is negative towards Taylor.
-If you read any Bengals related content on Twitter, you'll find a slew of negative comments about Zac Taylor.
-If you listen to Sport Talk, you'll never hear a caller in support of Zac Taylor.
-Lance Mcalister, who can definitely be a homer, has now gotten to the point where's he's openly critical of Zac Taylor.
-Mo Egger has been even more critical of Zac Taylor
-Paul Daugherty, who has lightened up with age, has no began questioning Taylor on a routine basis.
-Jungle Noise, which is the most postive Bengals place on the internet, is overwhelming against brining in Taylor back.
-Reddit, similar to Jungle Noise, is following suit.

-And last, but not least, in my everyday life, where I come across all sorts of fans here in Cincy, I don't know a single person who is still defending this guy. Not one. Not my family, friends, coworkers, etc. Not one single person wants this guy here anymore. That's out of dozens of people I personally know and talk Bengals with.

I honestly think I can count the number of people I've actually heard say they want him back on one hand. There's maybe 3 or 4 on here and that's all I've seen.

From countless places on the internet, to comments, to reporters, to discussions in real life, almost every single person I've come across thinks that this dude needs to hit the road. I'd have to believe the silent majority feels similarly.

If you were to somehow poll every single Bengal fan, and ask them: "Do you want Zac Taylor back?" I honestly believe the answer to that question would be, without a doubt, over 95% "no". It may even be 99%. Regardlless, the overwhelming majority want this guy gone.

Imagine being a franchise that has struggled with ticket sales, retaining a guy when 95% of their fanbase wants him gone.

Now imagine that guy won 4 games over 2 seasons, went winless in the division in year 2, has never won a road game, and will likely go winless against the NFC East this season.

I don't see how franchise could keep a coach like this unless they're openly hate their fans, or they're run by complete imbeciles.

Can the Bengals really be so stupid to ignore such a majority opinion, with this track record?
Reply/Quote
Geez, what gives with these threads? Some can't seem to handle adversity. I won't ever be done with this team. Shit, people would have been jumping off buildings in the 90's thinking this way back then. It's painful yes, but damn, let's get real. Hell, I've had 3 bad marriages, but I never gave up on women. I've had bad jobs, but I never quit working. I hate taxes, but I still pay them (well, not fair I guess, I fear the alternative worse). Anyway, look at it this way. If we are going to have a bad decade again, We're almost half way through.

I would like to see Lou and Turner gone. After year 3, I may want to see Taylor gone. But my heart will beat Bengals regardless.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: How do they bring back a guy who owns the worst winning % in franchise history...and that history includes Dave Shula? Mellow

Seriously, how can they claim to be dedicated to building a winner, while also bringing back the franchise's biggest loser?

with excuses or asterisk marks? *

*Injuries, Covid season, favorite television show being cancelled?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The only time i think people wanted marvin gone and were pumped for the season despite him not being gone was after 2010 and that's only because Carson and Chad and TO made themselves into such scapegoats that it was easy to declare them the problem and rally around Marvin (who also vowed to not come back after 2010 unless changes were made before caving in).

I wanted Marvin gone in 2017 -2018. HIs heart just wasn't in it anymore and it was obvious. I think a part of him knew he had held onto too many aging players for too long and his OL was shit. The defense was deteriorating quickly as well. It was going to be tough to rebuild under MB. I think that's what exhausted him mentally to make him check out. 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:09 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I think the Burrow injury makes this a more interesting conversation for the Brown family.  If Burrow had a full season and didn't show any improvement, I think Taylor would have been done.  With Burrow out, I don't know that they'll look at the season through the same lens now.  And I feel that they would have given ZT three years anyway to try and build this his way.  So I would be rather surprised to Taylor terminated after this year, but not getting anything past next year (or being replaced mid-year) if he has another hideous season.  

I was hopeful when he was hired that Taylor would come in, bring in the right coaches and change the culture.  But he appears to be letting his pride get in the way on the offensive side of the ball and putting too much faith in the rest of the staff that it'll work out, it's just going to take a few years to get there.  And you know, I guess it's possible that next year it all clicks somehow.  But what I see from the team right now is lack on both sides of the ball to really game plan well and adjust.  It's stubbornness to the max.  And the pride won't let them change their direction.  And that's why I don't see Taylor ever turning it around.  

As as much as I don't want to be the team that's running the coaching carousel, I think we're still several steps away from being Cleveland and it's time to try this again.

And that's the loser mentality the Brown family has.  What they should be looking at is the fact that this team should be sitting on 8 wins but for the Burrow injury (SD, IND, PHI, JAX, TEN, CLE, WASH, NYG).  Hell, they should have seven even with the Burrow injury.  Those games were all well within reach.  No one would question whether Taylor was making progress if they have those wins under their belt.  Instead they have two wins, six bed crappings (arguably seven with the other Cleveland loss) an injured franchise quarterback and a fanbase that couldn't be less interested.  Such is the Mike Brown line of product.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:26 PM)GodFather Wrote: with excuses or asterisk marks? *

*Injuries, Covid season, favorite television show being cancelled?

That's actually a good point even though I think your being sarcastic. Taylor got late start in year 1 because of SB. Year two was no pre-season and covid. Now, you might think that since other teams had to ordeal the same, that point is not valid. However, I believe it is since his first year was crap. He's trying to rebuild. I think pre-season would of helped that. Could be wrong. It happens sometimes.

Reply/Quote
I expect ZT to be here for 2021. If he didn't lose Burrow we would be racking up some pointless wins against the ho-hum teams that we have left and Burrow getting injured just gives an easy excuse for MB and co to do nothing, and nothing is exactly what they want to do.

With that being said, going into 2021 with ZT at the helm is like going into 2021 with Finley as the starting QB...we know he's bad, he looks bad on tape, his resume is bad, his record is bad, and there is no success in the past we can look at to say "Hey, maybe this guy isn't that bad!" There is nothing. ZT is like a late-round QB who gets a chance to start and plays like crap. The guy should get an early hook because there is nothing on his resume to indicate that he's any better than the crap you are seeing.

Thems the breaks with ZT, nothing about him in the present or past indicates that he should be any good...and he isn't any good. He's like the main character of a feel-good underdog movie if those movies were realistic. *movie trailer narrator voice* This fall....a down and out team hires a nobody HC with an ultra thin resume and he's gotta take the division from the teams that have world championships and HOF players. Can he do it? Nope, looks like he can't. Geez, real life is a drag.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just to recap a little bit about what I've seen in regards to fans support of Zac Taylor:

-If you read any Enquirer article, pretty much every single comment is negative towards Taylor
-If you read the comments on youtube for their press conference pretty much every single comment is negative towards Taylor.
-If you read any Bengals related content on Twitter, you'll find a slew of negative comments about Zac Taylor.
-If you listen to Sport Talk, you'll never hear a caller in support of Zac Taylor.
-Lance Mcalister, who can definitely be a homer, has now gotten to the point where's he's openly critical of Zac Taylor.
-Mo Egger has been even more critical of Zac Taylor
-Paul Daugherty, who has lightened up with age, has no began questioning Taylor on a routine basis.
-Jungle Noise, which is the most postive Bengals place on the internet, is overwhelming against brining in Taylor back.
-Reddit, similar to Jungle Noise, is following suit.

-And last, but not least, in my everyday life, where I come across all sorts of fans here in Cincy, I don't know a single person who is still defending this guy.  Not one.  Not my family, friends, coworkers, etc.  Not one single person wants this guy here anymore.  That's out of dozens of people I personally know and talk Bengals with.

I honestly think I can count the number of people I've actually heard say they want him back on one hand.  There's maybe 3 or 4 on here and that's all I've seen.

From countless places on the internet, to comments, to reporters, to discussions in real life, almost every single person I've come across thinks that this dude needs to hit the road.  I'd have to believe the silent majority feels similarly.

If you were to somehow poll every single Bengal fan, and ask them: "Do you want Zac Taylor back?"  I honestly believe the answer to that question would be, without a doubt, over 95% "no".  It may even be 99%.  Regardlless, the overwhelming majority want this guy gone.

Imagine being a franchise that has struggled with ticket sales, retaining a guy when 95% of their fanbase wants him gone.  

Now imagine that guy won 4 games over 2 seasons, went winless in the division in year 2, has never won a road game, and will likely go winless against the NFC East this season.

I don't see how franchise could keep a coach like this unless they're openly hate their fans, or they're run by complete imbeciles.

Can the Bengals really be so stupid to ignore such a majority opinion, with this track record?

Look at Bengals.com.  Hobson is over there singing the praises of the defense and special teams and making excuses for the offense.  
Reply/Quote
Most of us survived the 90's. We can survive a 3rd year of Taylor.

The ruining of Burrow might give some pause, but this team has wasted so much potential that I'd think most of us are numb to it anymore.
Reply/Quote
Season tickets in the Nippert years. Always a fan until the end of times.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 05:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: This team lacks talent and are decades away. 2021 season is already lost. What we have to ask ourselves is will the competition be too much this year with the HC vacancy's? and maybe 2022 will have less openings and thus maybe we'll get a good candidate.

LOL no team is “decades away” in the NFL. There’s tons of recent examples of team’s turning things around in a hurry. Including one that was in the Super Bowl last year. Also the Dolphins, the Cardinals, the Browns, the Bucs, etc. The one common theme with all of them is they have or found a good HC.

Reply/Quote
Is it bad to say I’ve been checked out for years? Asking for a friend.

Nothing will change until there’s real change at the top of the franchise. If it weren’t for you fine folks I’d have switched allegiances to another team by now. You all have a way of sucking me back in every year.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-marvin-lewis-mutually-decide-to-part-ways

That's a fluff piece. There was recent interview/article (Nov 17th) in the Athletic by Dan Pompei about Marvin and he talked about what happened. 

Mike sat him down and told him it was over. Marvin would have wanted to keep coaching the Bengals. He STILL wants to keep coaching and get back into the NFL. Marvin just hated all of the other stuff that went with being the head coach of the Bengals. The stuff not about football he was responsible for.

The idea that Marvin left "mutually" was put to bed by Marvin himself. Not the case. Mike Brown just let him ride it out so he didn't technically "get fired" because they were friends.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:52 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Most of us survived the 90's. We can survive a 3rd year of Taylor.

The ruining of Burrow might give some pause, but this team has wasted so much potential that I'd think most of us are numb to it anymore.

Can we get these shirts made ASAP

I SURVIVED YEAR 3 OF ZAC TAYLOR...
[Image: th?id=OIP.MkYsMV7ezhLOedYcSPzwZAHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]
AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CRAPPY T-SHIRT
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That's a fluff piece. There was recent interview/article (Nov 17th) in the Athletic by Dan Pompei about Marvin and he talked about what happened. 

Mike sat him down and told him it was over. Marvin would have wanted to keep coaching the Bengals. He STILL wants to keep coaching and get back into the NFL. Marvin just hated all of the other stuff that went with being the head coach of the Bengals. The stuff not about football he was responsible for.

The idea that Marvin left "mutually" was put to bed by Marvin himself. Not the case. Mike Brown just let him ride it out so he didn't technically "get fired" because they were friends.

That and Marvy dropped the browns off at the super bowl in pumpkin's private bathroom without flushing. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's just nuts I know buy it wouldn't shock me if MB pulls out his usual excuse list, injuries, lack of preseason, losing Burrow. We're gonna stay the course.

I believe MB wants to win. But like Nately says he wants to win like a fat girl wants to weigh 120 lbs. while laying on the couch watching Richard Simmons videos while eating a half gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Outdamnstanding!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I'll hang out here, mostly in the Jokes thread in KLOTSCH, barely caring what happens to the team...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote