Poll: Would you root for the tank if it meant Marvin for sure gone?
This poll is closed.
Yes
25.00%
4 25.00%
No
75.00%
12 75.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many of you would do this?
On the way home from PBS yesterday I discussed this with my buddy and father. If you KNEW without the shadow of a doubt that if we went like tanked and went like 4-12 that Marvin Lewis would be fired 100%, would you pray/hope for that tanking?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:24 AM)740Bengal Wrote: On the way home from PBS yesterday I discussed this with my buddy and father.  If you KNEW without the shadow of a doubt that if we went like tanked and went like 4-12 that Marvin Lewis would be fired 100%, would you pray/hope for that tanking?

No, I want the bengals to win every year... I would like to never see another 4-12 season in my life.

Plus how are you so sure the next coach would be any better, now sure bengals HC job is in high demand.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:24 AM)740Bengal Wrote: On the way home from PBS yesterday I discussed this with my buddy and father.  If you KNEW without the shadow of a doubt that if we went like tanked and went like 4-12 that Marvin Lewis would be fired 100%, would you pray/hope for that tanking?

Thats where you reasoning is wrong. When Marvin really tanks...he really gets a longer contract extension. So if the Bengals tanked this year at 4-12, Marvin would get an extension through 2021.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: No, I want the bengals to win every year... I would like to never see another 4-12 season in my life.

Plus how are you so sure the next coach would be any better, now sure bengals HC job is in high demand.  

ANYBODY..... 
Reply/Quote
Nah I never want to see us tank. We have too much talent on this roster to throw away a season. Were good enough that all we need is to get in the post season and we have a shot.

You just hope that someone running the team is competent enough to see that this team isn't going anywhere with Marvin at the helm.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Nope, not a chance with the way you worded your poll, as it's an incomplete thought. Of course I want better than we currently have. Had you included his successor, it might have merit. But that would have to be someone like Belicheat, or at least a coach whom the league respected, if not outright feared for their innate winning ways. However, to have the team go 4&12 just to be rid of the current staff w/o knowing it gets something better in return to consider is not something I'd be up for at all.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown would still be running things, so no.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:38 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We have too much talent on this roster to throw away a season.

True. We have the coaching staff to throw it away for us.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
With all this being said, I'm still confident for this season, this was just something discussed by my group heading back down 32.
Reply/Quote
Not a snowballs chance in hell would I do that!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 10:38 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nah I never want to see us tank. We have too much talent on this roster to throw away a season. Were good enough that all we need is to get in the post season and we have a shot.

You just hope that someone running the team is competent enough to see that this team isn't going anywhere with Marvin at the helm.

I agree with everything but the "too much talent". I am beginning to think these guys have been way over hyped...watch the games if you don't agree. We are also told how great these Bengal coaches are...wanna bet?

I definitely agree with your last comment.
Reply/Quote

Nope.

Why? A lot of people within the organization are huge fans of Paulie G and think he's a future HC. So if Marvin is fired, PG is the guy we hire. So I'm not going to hope for 4-12 when I already know what the end result is going to be.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote