Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How sweet would a week 10 win be?
Imagine this. Bengals come off the bye having beaten a 5-1 team the week before, to go on and beat the undefeated 7-0 Steelers. That would put the Bengals at 3-5-1 with four very favorable matchups in the weeks following with a confidence at an all time high. Do I think the Bengals beat the Steelers? No. I give it about a 5% chance, but if they could just somehow sneak it out, the season starts to get real interesting at that point. It’s a shame the defense could not do their job against the Browns and Colts, because otherwise we would be having a real discussion looking at possible playoffs down the road.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:49 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Imagine this. Bengals come off the bye having beaten a 5-1 team the week before, to go on and beat the undefeated 7-0 Steelers. That would put the Bengals at 3-5-1 with four very favorable matchups in the weeks following with a confidence at an all time high. Do I think the Bengals beat the Steelers? No. I give it about a 5% chance, but if they could just somehow sneak it out, the season starts to get real interesting at that point. It’s a shame the defense could not do their job against the Browns and Colts, because otherwise we would be having a real discussion looking at possible playoffs down the road.

After this Titans win anything is possible. Didn't expect that at all. Price played great IMO.

Spain is a great addition, Adeniji looks to be a major steal. We give Burrow time and slow down the run and get after the passer and 
this team might actually be a good one. Like what I saw against the Titans. Henry runs on everybody pretty much, no surprise there.

If we get better at stopping the run we can beat the Steelers. This team is young and looks like they might be starting to gel.

They aren't giving up that is for damn sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: After this Titans win anything is possible. Didn't expect that at all. Price played great IMO.

Spain is a great addition, Adeniji looks to be a major steal. We give Burrow time and slow down the run and get after the passer and 
this team might actually be a good one. Like what I saw against the Titans. Henry runs on everybody pretty much, no surprise there.

If we get better at stopping the run we can beat the Steelers. This team is young and looks like they might be starting to gel.

I feel like if this team could learn how to rush the passer and get off the field on third down the sky is the limit.
Reply/Quote
I admit I'm letting myself fantasize about it. Win the next two after that and they push their record back to .500.

Best thing is Hubbard comes back (I assume).

I'd give it about a 10 percent chance.
Reply/Quote
If we did get that win we could go on a run.

The next 4 games after Steelers is Washington, Giants, Dolphins, Cowboys; all winnable games where me might even be favored.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:13 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I feel like if this team could learn how to rush the passer and get off the field on third down the sky is the limit.

Possible if Hubbard can come back healthy and we can add a pass rusher in a trade.

We have some decent trade bait.

(11-02-2020, 10:24 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I admit I'm letting myself fantasize about it. Win the next two after that and they push their record back to .500.

We will see, that win was not what I was expecting. That is a tough team we beat and could of been even more convincing of a win.

The O-line started looking good, Price starting to look good is huge man. Spain looked awesome in just getting here, crazy.

Adeniji looked great for a rookie at LT etc.

Just not what I expected. Anything is possible if we can block for Burrow and open up holes for the RB's.

The D is young and has been hit bad by injuries but to hold the Titans to 20 points is a big deal for the D.

Also starting to get Turnovers and when it rains it pours on this front. Always noticed this.
Reply/Quote
All I asked for this year was a win against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:37 PM)Destro Wrote: All I asked for this year was a win against the Steelers.

Possible after what we just saw honestly. I am probably going to pick the Steelers to win but I doubt it will be a beat down if we can 
just stop the run somewhat. The O-line play just needs to keep improving and the pass rush needs to start getting home. The bye 
week should really help along with the confidence of finally beating a good team and the Steelers playing a shitty team this week.

The Cowboys are a pushover right now. Do not think we are after beating the Titans.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately there is a stark difference between the Steelers Dline and the Titans Dline.

I’m hoping for the best but expecting something closer to the Ravens game...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Unfortunately there is a stark difference between the Steelers Dline and the Titans Dline.

I was expecting this before we got Spain and Adeniji playing well as a rookie...

We will see is all I am saying. We get some rest and who knows how beat up the Steelers will be and how many guys we get back?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Unfortunately there is a stark difference between the Steelers Dline and the Titans Dline.

The game will certainly be decided in the trenches. Our d line will absolutely need to get to Ben otherwise we may not have a prayer.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: After this Titans win anything is possible. Didn't expect that at all. Price played great IMO.

Don't think for a second Pittsburgh didn't notice how effective the blitz every damn down strategy was for Baltimore. They're gonna throw everything at Burrow. We had no answer for it a coupla weeks ago... Let's see if Zac and the boys can adjust.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:05 PM)jason Wrote: Don't think for a second Pittsburgh didn't notice how effective the blitz every damn down strategy was for Baltimore. They're gonna throw everything at Burrow. We had no answer for it a coupla weeks ago... Let's see if Zac and the boys can adjust.

Honestly need to keep Gio in the game even if Mixon is healthy from what I am seeing. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:05 PM)jason Wrote: Don't think for a second Pittsburgh didn't notice how effective the blitz every damn down strategy was for Baltimore. They're gonna throw everything at Burrow. We had no answer for it a coupla weeks ago... Let's see if Zac and the boys can adjust.

I think Joey has learned why Dalton had the 2nd fastest release in the league. It is out of necessity. I expect to see him get the ball out quick and counter the blitz with screens.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly need to keep Gio in the game even if Mixon is healthy from what I am seeing. Mellow

I think the staff should dial up more designed passes to Mixon. He is perfectly capable as a pass catcher and can add an element the other team would have to account for, vs currently if Mixon on the field almost always a run and Gio on field a pass.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:24 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I admit I'm letting myself fantasize about it. Win the next two after that and they push their record back to .500.

I guess Hubbard is supposed to be back after the bye week.A good disruptive defensive player can sure help a defense.I think this team can play competitively against any team in the league at this point.Especially if the O-line holds up.
Reply/Quote

The Browns tried to adapt that same approach and we ate them up on screens. Granted, this is the Steelers and their DL is probably the best in football.

I like that we have 2 weeks to game plan for them and they dont. Somehow Lou drew up a good scheme against the Ravens, and I'm hoping he can do it again against the Stealers.

ZT is getting better. I think the O could find a way to make some noise. The Steelers are good, but honestly the Colts still rank higher in total yards given up, but the Stealers are #1 in sacks. Ouch. It could be interesting for sure.

The Stealers probably win, but I think we could keep it more interesting than we did against the Ravens. If we did happen to win, this team could ride that momentum the rest of the season. Its just unlikely. A give it a 10% chance.
Reply/Quote
I've seen this movie before. A confident Bengals team goes to play a Steeler team and gets crushed.

I am more confident in this Bengals team going against the Steelers than I have been in years, but, I just don't see a victory here. But hey, you never know.

(Have I told you I've been wrong a lot this year?)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Oh I'm sure the Steelers may have their highest blitz % all season in this game, they might even send somebody off the bench.

As far as winning it would be so very, very sweet. Dancing
Reply/Quote

WhoDey2 Unfortunately, ditto.  I'm thinking about a 3 TD loss.  31-10...Gaah
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote