Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will Mike Brown spend his extra 10 million
Ok Bengals fans it that time of year! Free Agency is next week and the NFL raised the cap by 10 million to 177.2 million. Since we all know the Bengals won't be getting any REAL difference makers in Free Agency. What will Mike Brown be doing with his 10 Million!?

Looks like another raise for the GM!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:43 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Ok Bengals fans it that time of year! Free Agency is next week and the NFL raised the cap by 10 million to 177.2 million. Since we all know the Bengals won't be getting any REAL difference makers in Free Agency. What will Mike Brown be doing with his 10 Million!?

Hopefully allowing Pollack to spend it on a new toy of his choice.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He’ll spend $75 on hobspin to write an article about the cap increase not going into effect until next year. If he gets just a few people believing and sharing it that’s money well spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
He'll roll it over to next year - as usual.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_oik83m2Jxu1rfd7lko1_500.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 02:09 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He'll roll it over to next year - as usual.

But more than likely he will do this.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Use that 10 million to franchise tag Eifert.
Reply/Quote
Lol it's just sad comedy at this point
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 06:33 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol it's just sad comedy at this point

Yes it is. So we have no choice but to be patient and see. Then laugh at ourselves again when nothing happens.

Reply/Quote
spend the xtra 10 million on Bodine and Ogbuehi and then say it's all about winning ..
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:43 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Ok Bengals fans it that time of year! Free Agency is next week and the NFL raised the cap by 10 million to 177.2 million. Since we all know the Bengals won't be getting any REAL difference makers in Free Agency. What will Mike Brown be doing with his 10 Million!?

He should spend it to educate fans with no clue on how to calculate and thus spew out garbage. MB spends money on the players, he just won't cut the ones he need to creating more cap and cash money to spend it on the right players.

MB exceeds his financial obligations contrary to your comments, look it up.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He should spend it to educate fans with no clue on how to calculate and thus spew out garbage. MB spends money on the players, he just won't cut the ones he need to creating more cap and cash money to spend it on the right players.

This.

In both '15 and '16 the Bengals spent OVER the league salary cap.  They were able to do this because Mike Brown rolled over cap space from a previous year.  Not all team so this.

So I don't blame people who complain about HOW he uses the salasry cap, but I want people to know thta Miuke is spending as much, if not more, than mostteams on paying his players.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 02:09 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He'll roll it over to next year - as usual.

:andy:

plus another $10 million with it.
Reply/Quote

well really if you been looking at the projected amount all offseason which was 178 mil    that was what was used to factor in the 36 mil available so we actually have about a million less to spend now.

^^^ KNOW YOUR NUMBERS

this didn't just add 10 mil for us to spend... to the 36 mil it subtracts 800k

Here is what is available after rookie draft pool and before any veteran cuts (draft pool assume we draft and sign all 11)

$26,429,375 (includes the 11.5 mil we rolled over from 2017)
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He should spend it to educate fans with no clue on how to calculate and thus spew out garbage. MB spends money on the players, he just won't cut the ones he need to creating more cap and cash money to spend it on the right players.

Truth and this is a major factor in not getting over the hump. 

Let the good ones walk and keep the eggs. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

After previous roll over, after draft picks, after dead money, the Bengals have nearly 30 million in cap space. We don't need any damn rollover for Geno or Dunlap. The Bengals have plenty of money to sign at least one great free agent at a position of need. I know it won't happen, but it should. Don't give me that BS narrative of retaining our own, the Bengals haven't been doing that for the past few years either!!!
Reply/Quote
I like how everybody thinks their the Bengals accountant also around this time. Don't you think it's funny the Bengals can't hardly afford anybody but other teams can even when their supposed to be broke?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:39 AM)thegimp Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

After previous roll over, after draft picks, after dead money, the Bengals have nearly 30 million in cap space.  We don't need any damn rollover for Geno or Dunlap.  The Bengals have plenty of money to sign at least one great free agent at a position of need.  I know it won't happen, but it should.  Don't give me that BS narrative of retaining our own, the Bengals haven't been doing that for the past few years either!!!

roll over for geno and dunlap? they are extending them NOW or trying too...

You want Geno and dunlap then say you don't want to retain your own?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: roll over for geno and dunlap? they are extending them NOW or trying too...

You want Geno and dunlap then say you don't want to retain your own?

That's not what I said at all. I said the Bengals haven't been retaining their own.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 01:09 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hopefully allowing Pollack to spend it on a new toy of his choice.

Unfortunately, there aren't any good Olinemen in free agency this year. Nate Solder is the only decent Tackle, and he is 30 and not really healthy. Pollack is going to have to draft his new toys and try to fix the one's already in the toy box.
Reply/Quote