Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How will we do in the North in 2021
(05-04-2021, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I expect the Browns to Brown and fall off a cliff.

Always possible but they were solid last year didnt lose any coaches or major talent (that im aware of)

I think they are in position to challenge the ravens for the division this season.   Unless as you say the wheels fall off.

Ravens still are really good  watching those games was like watching a checkers champion take on a chess master. lol  (we were outclassed in all aspects)

Looks like the steelers might fall off a bit but it normally looks that way
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Always possible but they were solid last year didnt lose any coaches or major talent (that im aware of)

I think they are in position to challenge the ravens for the division this season.   Unless as you say the wheels fall off.

Ravens still are really good  watching those games was like watching a checkers champion take on a chess master. lol  (we were outclassed in all aspects)

Looks like the steelers might fall off a bit but it normally looks that way

Ravens are always just one ankle or knee sprain away from disaster. Lamar is that team. Luckily though, I think DC's across the league have figured out how to mitigate him to a certain extent.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ravens are always just one ankle or knee sprain away from disaster. Lamar is that team. Luckily though, I think DC's across the league have figured out how to mitigate him to a certain extent.

When you say DC's, are you including Lou in this, because i don't remember this defense shutting down Baltimore at all last year lol

You're right Lamar is that team.  Just like Burrow is our team.  Is Allen a good back up..yep but that's exactly what he is a career back up. 
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:42 AM)TJ528 Wrote: When you say DC's, are you including Lou in this, because i don't remember this defense shutting down Baltimore at all last year lol

You're right Lamar is that team.  Just like Burrow is our team.  Is Allen a good back up..yep but that's exactly what he is a career back up. 

Yep. Every billion dollar franchise depends on the fragile tendons of their QB.  Maybe our offense is so awesome now that Brandon Allen can pull a Matt cassel or a Case Keenum, though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ravens are always just one ankle or knee sprain away from disaster. Lamar is that team. Luckily though, I think DC's across the league have figured out how to mitigate him to a certain extent.

Ravens are built to run...  (QB or RB)    Most teams are in trouble if their starting QB goes down though.   

As far as DCs figuring out how to stop them???    where was it last year
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:42 AM)TJ528 Wrote: When you say DC's, are you including Lou in this, because i don't remember this defense shutting down Baltimore at all last year lol

Lou was playing with 4th-6th stringers last year. You can't ignore that. And they flat out trounced us the 2nd meeting, but the first game was a 23-17 loss..... not quite a beat down.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Lou was playing with 4th-6th stringers last year. You can't ignore that.

Sled I don't ignore that but even when the teams healthy he hasn't shown me he can coach.  At the beginning of last year we were missing Trea and the defense still sucked.  

So yea by the middle and end of the season he was playing with quite a few back ups but even when the team was 90% healthy to start the season he didn't show he could coach a defense. 
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 10:25 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Sled I don't ignore that but even when the teams healthy he hasn't shown me he can coach.  At the beginning of last year we were missing Trea and the defense still sucked.  

So yea by the middle and end of the season he was playing with quite a few back ups but even when the team was 90% healthy to start the season he didn't show he could coach a defense. 

Well, not just Trae, Atkins was playing injured, Dunlap had checked out, etc. Look, I get it, I see where Lou and Zac both have flashed at times and have sucked at times. I always said I give them 3 years. This is they year they have to prove it.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 10:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, not just Trae, Atkins was playing injured, Dunlap had checked out, etc. Look, I get it, I see where Lou and Zac both have flashed at times and have sucked at times. I always said I give them 3 years. This is they year they have to prove it.

agreed both have flashed... Both nothing consistent game to game. or even Qtr to Qtr in some games lol

And i agree this has to be the make or break year.. They seemed to have more FA support in 2 years than i remember for all of marvins tenture lol. (which is still confusing me)
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Lou was playing with 4th-6th stringers last year. You can't ignore that. And they flat out trounced us the 2nd meeting, but the first game was a 23-17 loss..... not quite a beat down.

The first Baltimore game? That was 27 - 3. They pummelled us both games.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 1.) Ravens are always just one ankle or knee sprain away from disaster. Lamar is that team.

2.) I think DC's across the league have figured out how to mitigate him to a certain extent.

1.) Are you trying to say that the Ravens are one QB injury away from disaster?  Cuz that's not specific to them, that's true for 90% of the league.  What do the Chiefs look like without Mahomes?  Bills without Josh Allen?  Bucs without Brady?  Seahawks without Wilson?

2.) You think there's any chance they can give ours pointers?  That 400+ rushing performance and 38-3 loss leads me to believe that our DC hasn't figured out a way to mitigate jack shit.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 10:47 AM)jason Wrote: The first Baltimore game? That was 27 - 3. They pummelled us both games.

Sled was watching a different game from a different season Jason... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 10:54 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 2.) You think there's any chance they can give ours pointers?  That 400+ rushing performance and 38-3 loss leads me to believe that our DC hasn't figured out a way to mitigate jack shit.

I remember seeing Margus Hunt lined up at the 1T on the Ravens first offense snap and thinking this was about to get ugly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Lou was playing with 4th-6th stringers last year. You can't ignore that. And they flat out trounced us the 2nd meeting, but the first game was a 23-17 loss..... not quite a beat down.

Baltimore torched us both games last year. You’re thinking of the first BAL/CIN game from 2019.
Reply/Quote
-The combined score of the Bengals vs. the Ravens in 2020 was 65-6.

-The combined score of the Bengals vs. the Ravens in 2019 was 72-30.

-The combined score of both of these years (4 games) is 137-36.

When you see this level of domination, sustained over a two year period, over 4 seperate and unique games, there is only one conclusion to draw: We've been nowhere near the level of the Ravens.

PS That 23-17 score that the board's resident homer referenced. That's from 2019. It's not as close as it looks like on paper. The Ravens pulled their starters when they were up 23-10 in the 4th. At that time the Bengals only TD came from a Brandon Wilson kickoff return to open the game. We were outgained 497 to 250, and the Ravens held a time of possession advantage of 39:42 to 20:18 (both nearly 2 to 1). This is example number 1,878,845 of why referencing one score losses is complete bulshit. We were absolutely dominated in this game.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 07:16 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: Can Bengals go 4-2 in AFC North?

(05-04-2021, 07:40 AM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: To go 4-2 I think we have to sweep the Steelers and split with the Browns and Ravens.  Not a easy task. I think both the Browns and Ravens have better rosters then us but the Steelers are trending downward.

That is the way I am predicting. If we can beat sweep the Steelers and split with the Ravens we can be a tough team to beat too.

This Defense really needs to stop the run and get after the passer to beat these guys though. Reader being healthy while adding 
Shelvin, Tupou coming back, adding Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Hilton, Ossai, Cameron Sample should really help. The coaching has 
been what has held us back along with injuries. Praying these 2 things start to go our way.
Reply/Quote