Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hubbard update
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Time for the young dogs to stop barking and start biting. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Well that sucks.
Reply/Quote
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
We do not rotate much our starters on the D-line play a lot of snaps Hub Hendrickson Reader and Hill. So, our backups only get play time when a starter needs a breather or is injured so a lack of experience for our depth guys is going to be an issue. I would like to see more of a rotation to keep our guys fresh for 3rd and 4th quarters when their O-line gets winded.

We need to find more pass rush so maybe this will end up helping our team in the long run if some of the depth shines like Ossai Tufele Sample or Gunter. As well as give the coaches confidence in these guys to play them in a rotation when Hendrickson and Hubber get back.
Reply/Quote
Man. It’s going to be tough sledding for a while
Reply/Quote
Trying to find a positive in this, and at least Trey and Sam - who both play A TON of snaps - will be going into the playoffs somewhat rested.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Trying to find a positive in this, and at least Trey and Sam - who both play A TON of snaps - will be going into the playoffs somewhat rested.

And it gives Sampe Ossai and Gunter alot of reps to start flashing before the playoffs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:07 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Well that sucks.

Well, not worst case scenario. But not having him for Buffalo & Baltimore sucks. 

First playoff game is 4 weeks away. 5 if we are #1. Ossai & Sample are just gonna have to do some work. If Hendrickson gets back sooner that would help a lot. 

I was gonna say we would play more 3 rushers/drop 8, but with CTB, Hilton, Davis, and Awuzie out, we are kinda short-handed right now at DB as well. I wish Kareem hadn't gotten poached off the PS. I kinda liked him better than Gunter (despite the blocked FG earlier). 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:22 PM)Synric Wrote: And it gives Sampe Ossai and Gunter alot of reps to start flashing before the playoffs.

Sample in particular needs to step it up.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, not worst case scenario. But not having him for Buffalo & Baltimore sucks. 

First playoff game is 4 weeks away. 5 if we are #1. Ossai & Sample are just gonna have to do some work. If Hendrickson gets back sooner that would help a lot. 

I was gonna say we would play more 3 rushers/drop 8, but with CTB, Hilton, Davis, and Awuzie out, we are kinda short-handed right now at DB as well. I wish Kareem hadn't gotten poached off the PS. I kinda liked him better than Gunter (despite the blocked FG earlier). 

CTB and Hilton have already both said they’re playing next week.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Trying to find a positive in this, and at least Trey and Sam - who both play A TON of snaps - will be going into the playoffs somewhat rested.

In reality, if these injuries had to happen, we are probably lucky with the timing. Didn’t happen until we are all but guaranteed a playoff spot. Didn’t happen so late that they should miss the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:22 PM)Synric Wrote: And it gives Sampe Ossai and Gunter alot of reps to start flashing before the playoffs.

Tufele had a nice play where he split 2 guys on a rush last week. Maybe he, Hill, or even Carter do something. 

Pats are more run 1st, so we will miss Sam vs the run. Getting Hilton back would help a lot. 

The offense may have to carry us for a week or two. Maybe Jackson will be rusty and Baltimore loses another one. 
Reply/Quote
I've been waiting for Ossai to have a breakout game for well a while now. Here's his chance
Reply/Quote
I'd be putting in a claim for Terrell Lewis even though I am not sure we could get him.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

DE Getting a bit thin....   Any chance of Hendrickson coming back with a club?
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been waiting for Ossai to have a breakout game for well a while now. Here's his chance
Wasn't his breakout game yesterday fumble recovery + forced Brady interception
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:41 PM)Anarumo_Savant Wrote: Wasn't his breakout game yesterday fumble recovery + forced Brady interception

He made some plays yesterday. He's made some plays in the past. But he's never really busted fully lose. 2 sacks, 4 pressures, being disruptive.
Reply/Quote
Oof.
Reply/Quote
Well... at least NFL players have access to some of the BEST injury treatment on the planet.
Get healed up, Hubbard.
Reply/Quote