Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huber vs Chrisman-Huber won
(08-26-2022, 01:58 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Huber started okay last year but fell off noticeably toward the end and into the playoffs. I feel like we’ve kept the young kid around the past couple years for a reason, and I feel like the future is now for him. Simmons can work with him on being more precise, I’m sure.

He and Handlebars Harris are getting up there in years now, its kinda nice having their possible heir apparents already practicing with the team. I haven’t paid attention, how’s the kid LS holding up?

Heard Adomitis has looked great, he just had to change up his style and use 2 hands when long snapping instead of just 
one like in college. Amazing athlete and great ST'er to boot a lot like Handlebars Harris honestly who is helping out and being
all class about this same as Huber. If these guys want to I would like both Huber and Harris to stick around in some capacity
if they do get cut for the youngsters. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 01:58 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Huber started okay last year but fell off noticeably toward the end and into the playoffs. I feel like we’ve kept the young kid around the past couple years for a reason, and I feel like the future is now for him. Simmons can work with him on being more precise, I’m sure.

He and Handlebars Harris are getting up there in years now, its kinda nice having their possible heir apparents already practicing with the team. I haven’t paid attention, how’s the kid LS holding up?

I haven't heard his name ... which makes him a great LS.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Getting rid of Harris would give me some concern. I know what he can do and this is a playoff team so I do not want this kid to suddenly get the yips or choke in a big game. I’m ok with changing punters but I’m not sure I’m ready to say goodbye to Harris yet. We shall see what happens but at least they have options.
Reply/Quote
Clark Harris, by all accounts, has won the LS battle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard Adomitis has looked great, he just had to change up his style and use 2 hands when long snapping instead of just 
one like in college. Amazing athlete and great ST'er to boot a lot like Handlebars Harris honestly who is helping out and being
all class about this same as Huber. If these guys want to I would like both Huber and Harris to stick around in some capacity

The snap Adomitis made on McPherson’s missed FG in the last game was too high.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t like to see us trade Chrisman as he’s the future but if he beats Huber out I wonder if we will get on the phone to the Bills to see if we could get anything for Huber?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 07:24 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Wouldn’t like to see us trade Chrisman as he’s the future but if he beats Huber out I wonder if we will get on the phone to the Bills to see if we could get anything for Huber?

Personally, I think Chrisman has won the punt job.  Can’t see anyone wanting to trade for Huber.  They’ll just wait for the Bengals to cut him and sign him then.
Reply/Quote
For some reason Huber did not finish last season well.

Even though I have been a big fan for years I think it is time to replace him. Of course the team may more info on what his problem was last year and it might be corrected now.

But like most folks here I say that if they are close to even then go with the younger guy. He may be less likely to fade at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 07:24 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Wouldn’t like to see us trade Chrisman as he’s the future but if he beats Huber out I wonder if we will get on the phone to the Bills to see if we could get anything for Huber?

Maybe another reason to pick Chrisman. If he doesn't make the 53, I can see the Bills picking him up and then we have to watch Chrisman punting on a competitor for a decade. Huber doesn't have so many years left, and as others have said, has dropped off in punt distance. He might even retire rather than start over on another team.
Reply/Quote
Crazy that Huber is tied with Riley for most games played with the Bengals so if he’s cut he stays tied for #1 but if he wins the battle then he goes to the top of the list (although Riley’s number of games will always be more impressive as he actually had to hit/tackle etc. - not the same for a punter)

I would let Chrisman handle all of the punting tonight and as long as he looks good give him the spot. You already know what you are getting with Huber.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 07:03 AM)pally Wrote: The snap Adomitis made on McPherson’s missed FG in the last game was too high.

Okay, well I hope he sticks on the PS in case he loses the job to Handlebars Harris.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard Adomitis has looked great, he just had to change up his style and use 2 hands when long snapping instead of just 
one like in college.
Amazing athlete and great ST'er to boot a lot like Handlebars Harris honestly who is helping out and being

Say huh?

No one snaps the ball with only one hand. Where did you hear that?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Personally, I think Chrisman has won the punt job.  Can’t see anyone wanting to trade for Huber.  They’ll just wait for the Bengals to cut him and sign him then.
Reply/Quote
Bills cut their Punter last last night over the gang rape accusation........Huber to the Bills w/ a chance for a SB ring
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 10:24 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Personally, I think Chrisman has won the punt job.  Can’t see anyone wanting to trade for Huber.  They’ll just wait for the Bengals to cut him and sign him then.

seemed a draw to me.. Chrisman showed stronger leg but Huber showed he still has a good leg.  Chrisman weak on placement and inside 20, which is a strength of Huber, last nite Chrisman kicked a strong kick 65 yards but into end zone, so rams start on 20, Huber drops a 45 yard to fair catch at 10, I prefer Huber kick all day. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2022, 03:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was watching the BLEAV bengals podcast with Solomon Wilcotts and Pacman Jones and Jones was not a huge fan of Crisman's punting in that Giants game. He said they didn't have nearly enough hang time and he didn't force a single fair catch. He said a punter making the tackle isn't a good thing haha.

I think Pacman knows the punting game, so I kind of hope we stick with Huber. It sounds like Chrisman hits line drives that could result in big returns because the coverage unit isn't given enough time to get to the return man.

Pac is exactly right. Everyone saying "go with the big leg"  shows a total lack of understanding of the kicking game. You don't want a punter to boom it 80 yards downfield just to have the return man bring it back 50 because the punter outkicked his coverage. You need hang time more than  distance so the gunners can be right there to force the stop. This is basic football. And Huber still had more finesse on dropping it inside the 10. Stick with what works, not only as a punter bur as a holder for Shooter. If we go with Chrisman and Evan starts missing, we'll all know why. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For some reason Huber did not finish last season well.

Even though I have been a big fan for years I think it is time to replace him.  Of course the team may more info on what his problem was last year and it might be corrected now.

But like most folks here I say that if they are close to even then go with the younger guy.  He may be less likely to fade at the end of the season.

They never really said, but I believe he had some inflammation in his hip. He was taking injections towards the end of the season. Seems to be fine  now.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 02:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pac is exactly right. Everyone saying "go with the big leg"  shows a total lack of understanding of the kicking game. You don't want a punter to boom it 80 yards downfield just to have the return man bring it back 50 because the punter outkicked his coverage. You need hang time more than  distance so the gunners can be right there to force the stop. This is basic football. And Huber still had more finesse on dropping it inside the 10. Stick with what works, not only as a punter bur as a holder for Shooter. If we go with Chrisman and Evan starts missing, we'll all know why. 

Simmons has called it even in terms of Chrisman and Huber in terms of holding.

"A year ago in practice there was a big difference in Evan's effectiveness between Kevin and Drue," Simmons said before Thursday's joint practice with the Rams at the Kettering Health Practice Fields.

"He was much more effective with Kevin with a higher percentage than Drue," Simmons said. "This year it's a dead heat …. They've been statistically identical as far as makes and misses."

https://www.bengals.com/news/jessie-bates-iii-greets-dax-hill-kevin-huber-drue-chrisman-still-in-punt-duel
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 03:35 PM)Nepa Wrote: Simmons has called it even in terms of Chrisman and Huber in terms of holding.

"A year ago in practice there was a big difference in Evan's effectiveness between Kevin and Drue," Simmons said before Thursday's joint practice with the Rams at the Kettering Health Practice Fields.

"He was much more effective with Kevin with a higher percentage than Drue," Simmons said. "This year it's a dead heat …. They've been statistically identical as far as makes and misses."

https://www.bengals.com/news/jessie-bates-iii-greets-dax-hill-kevin-huber-drue-chrisman-still-in-punt-duel

That's in practice and pre-season... now let's see it in games where it matters and nerves are included.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 04:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's in practice and pre-season... now let's see it in games where it matters and nerves are included.

You have a good point. Holding for Shooter is extremely important, more so than some extra punt yards. And we do know that Huber has been terrific at holding in pressure situations. So much so that we have almost perfect confidence that the kicks will be on the money. Going for a Super Bowl, that may be the deciding point in Huber making the team.

On the other hand, Chrisman, if he indeed can hold as well as Huber, maybe will have the Bengals set for the punter and holder for the next ten years. 
Reply/Quote