Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huber vs Chrisman-Huber won
(08-28-2022, 10:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Say huh?

No one snaps the ball with only one hand. Where did you hear that?

I heard Adomitis snapped the ball with one hand in college and he needed to change that when he got here.

I might of heard it wrong, it was something to do with his technique in snapping the ball that he had to change up.

Might not of been snapping with one hand, I can't remember, sorry if I am wrong.

It was a Hobspin article early in the spring.
Reply/Quote
It's all a crap shoot and why coaches get paid a lot of money. One one hand, if we stick with Huber and his hips start bothering him again while Chrisman is killing it in Buffalo, people will be screaming about what a bonehead move it was. However, if we keep Chrisman and let Huber go, and he can't control his punts and starts mishandling holds, people will be screaming why did we ever replace a guy who was almost automatic. Personally, I have nothing against Chrisman, but would like to stick with Huber one more season then let him retire a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's all a crap shoot and why coaches get paid a lot of money. One one hand, if we stick with Huber and his hips start bothering him again while Chrisman is killing it in Buffalo, people will be screaming about what a bonehead move it was. However, if we keep Chrisman and let Huber go, and he can't control his punts and starts mishandling holds, people will be screaming why did we ever replace a guy who was almost automatic. Personally, I have nothing against Chrisman, but would like to stick with Huber one more season then let him retire a Bengal.

All true, nice post Sled. I trust Simmons to make the right decision in the end.
Reply/Quote
Chrisman. Sometimes its the right time for change.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I heard Adomitis snapped the ball with one hand in college and he needed to change that when he got here.

I might of heard it wrong, it was something to do with his technique in snapping the ball that he had to change up.

Might not of been snapping with one hand, I can't remember, sorry if I am wrong.

It was a Hobspin article early in the spring.

I think i know what you're talking about now. It was his technique and putting more of his off-hand on the ball. He didn't snap with one hand, just didn't do it like NFL LS do. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I agree. While I like Huber and would like to see him retire here, I would go with youth on this one.

Not that I know anything but I think Huber retires after this year and if we let Chrisman go then we are starting over next year. My opinion is to stuck with youth and let Huber go.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Just throwing this out there, what if we keep both for game 1, Huber retires or we waive him after the game? He gets the record and will remain a hometown hero!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 08:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just throwing this out there, what if we keep both for game 1, Huber retires or we waive him after the game? He gets the record and will remain a hometown hero!

Sacrificing losing out of a spot for a 2nd punter? Doubt it. Plus he’s def not retiring.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 08:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just throwing this out there, what if we keep both for game 1, Huber retires or we waive him after the game? He gets the record and will remain a hometown hero!

Why you think they want to take the record away from Ken Riley? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
For what it's worth, Puntalytics, a twitter user who, you guessed it, analyzes punts, that the Locked On Bengals Podcast hosts follow said this:
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 06:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think i know what you're talking about now. It was his technique and putting more of his off-hand on the ball. He didn't snap with one hand, just didn't do it like NFL LS do. 

That was it. Correct.
Reply/Quote
if they release Huber hope it is today give teams a bit of notice he is available for him
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: if they release Huber hope it is today give teams a bit of notice he is available for him

2 other veteran punters have already been released today.  Kern from Tennessee and Martin from Denver.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's all a crap shoot and why coaches get paid a lot of money. One one hand, if we stick with Huber and his hips start bothering him again while Chrisman is killing it in Buffalo, people will be screaming about what a bonehead move it was. However, if we keep Chrisman and let Huber go, and he can't control his punts and starts mishandling holds, people will be screaming why did we ever replace a guy who was almost automatic. Personally, I have nothing against Chrisman, but would like to stick with Huber one more season then let him retire a Bengal.

Teams decide to move on all the time when they think a player is close to being done.
Emmitt Smith with the Cardinals still put up nearly 1000 yards in his final season.
LT with the Jets almost 1000 yards in his second-to-last season.

It's ok to let an old veteran walk to try a new, younger player who might be about the same (if not better).
We'd just have to hope it didn't become an Andrew Whitworth - Cedric Ogbuehi situation where the young guy is a colossal downgrade.
I don't think Chrisman will be that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Teams decide to move on all the time when they think a player is close to being done.
Emmitt Smith with the Cardinals still put up nearly 1000 yards in his final season.
LT with the Jets almost 1000 yards in his second-to-last season.

It's ok to let an old veteran walk to try a new, younger player who might be about the same (if not better).
We'd just have to hope it didn't become an Andrew Whitworth - Cedric Ogbuehi situation where the young guy is a colossal downgrade.
I don't think Chrisman will be that.

All true and agree. I think Chrisman can be a damn good Punter for us and don't want to risk losing him while Huber 
starts to fall off cause of age. No shame in cutting Huber and letting him go to the Bills or another team. He has had a 
fantastic career and might want to retire anyways and be with his family who knows...

Plus upside of Chrisman might be the main reason we keep him. He can get better.
Reply/Quote
If Huber is getting cut, I would have thought it would be announced by now, to give him time to find a new team. As a poster above noted, two other veteran punters have already been released. I can't imagine it would create any goodwill to have such a veteran as Huber released at the deadline.

Of course, they still may be deciding. It might be that tough of a decision, whether to release the dependable long-term punter and holder, in a year the team is aspiring to win a Super Bowl, or go with someone who looks darn good but never certain how will perform under the pressure of a Super-Bowl-aspiring season.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 03:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: If Huber is getting cut, I would have thought it would be announced by now, to give him time to find a new team. As a poster above noted, two other veteran punters have already been released. I can't imagine it would create any goodwill to have such a veteran as Huber released at the deadline.

Of course, they still may be deciding. It might be that tough of a decision, whether to release the dependable long-term punter and holder, in a year the team is aspiring to win a Super Bowl, or go with someone who looks darn good but never certain how will perform under the pressure of a Super-Bowl-aspiring season.

It is without a doubt a tough damn decision for the coaches.
Reply/Quote

I hate "manufactured" records.

Plus it is already unfair to compare "games played" by a punter to "games played" by any position player.  It would make it even worse if Huber took the record on a gimmick.
Reply/Quote
I'm probably the only one that would like to keep Huber. I just like his consistency more pinning teams inside the 20. And I'd like to see him get a ring too.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why you think they want to take the record away from Ken Riley? 

The record is still going away.  Huber and Riley are at 207 which stays static if Huber gets cut.  However, Clark Harris, who doesn't seem to be going anyplace is at 201 games.  He'll tie them in New Orleans week 6 and pass them at home against Atlanta in week 7

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote