Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huckabee: I Trust Bernie Sanders 'Like I Trust a North Korean Chef' With My Dog
But he said NORTH Korean...so I'm sure its all good. Mellow

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/huckabee-i-trust-bernie-sanders-i-trust-north-korean-chef-n444071?cid=sm_fb

Quote:A tweet sent from Republican candidate Mike Huckabee's Twitter account is raising eyebrows amid Tuesday night's Democratic debate.

@GovMikeHuckabee
"I trust @BernieSanders with my tax dollars like I trust a North Korean chef with my labrador!" the former Arkansas governor tweeted during Tuesday's debate.

[Image: huckabeetweet_c8769b2ea83d27299a0e2baf25a89fb7_n.png]
capture screen

Huckabee followed up his tweet hours later, writing, "Poor liberals think it's racist to deplore a brutal dictatorship."

Huckabee was among several Republican presidential candidates who livetweeted Tuesday night's Democratic debate. Donald Trump also livetweeted the debate, writing at one point during the night, "Sorry, there is no STAR on the stage tonight!"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
"Poor liberals think it's racist to deplore a brutal dictatorship."

LOL

If he had said "chief" he probably could get away with tying it to a dictatorship. When you say "chef" you're referring to a much broader group of people.

He should probably gets back to propping up homophobes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-14-2015, 10:29 AM)Benton Wrote: "Poor liberals think it's racist to deplore a brutal dictatorship."

LOL

If he had said "chief" he probably could get away with tying it to a dictatorship. When you say "chef" you're referring to a much broader group of people.

Yeah, my quote of that one had my commentary of "Because insulting an entire country of people is the same as deploring their govt. #badlogic"
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Up next: a YouTube video of Rand Paul blowing up the tax code with a grenade launcher, Donald Trump Tweets about the Pope being a dope and a total loser, Ben Carson recommends a nuclear drone bombing of illegal immigrants, and Carly Fiorina announces secret Planned Parenthood videos depicting a Christian fetus being cooked and served to illegitimate black kids.

Anything to sit in the driver's seat of the GOP clown car for a day...........
(10-14-2015, 10:29 AM)Benton Wrote: "Poor liberals think it's racist to deplore a brutal dictatorship."

LOL

With his personal and family history he couldn't use "like I trust a fat kid with cake."

[Image: Huck%20Fam-500x324.jpg]
(10-14-2015, 04:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: With his personal and family history he couldn't use "like I trust a fat kid with cake."

[Image: 72-1.jpg]
(10-14-2015, 04:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: With his personal and family history he couldn't use "like I trust a fat kid with cake."

With his family's history he could have also said "like I trust my son with a dog."
(10-14-2015, 10:49 PM)blt4584 Wrote: With his family's history he could have also said "like I  trust my son with a dog."

I didn't know that until after I looked it up.  Seems like he should know his tweets could open up that can of worms.
So he made an asian cooking up dogs joke?

Maybe a bit out of line with a president candidate but it's a harmless joke and it's funny.

This is in the same vein as Asian drivers.
Republicans just aren't a very funny group of people, so I don't know why they bother with the joking. Also, making a joke about someone killing your dog when your son killed that very animal is just asking for backlash. I'd fully expect the general populace to boo if Michael Vick made a joke about not trusting Koreans with his dogs.
(10-18-2015, 12:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Republicans just aren't a very funny group of people, so I don't know why they bother with the joking.  Also, making a joke about someone killing your dog when your son killed that very animal is just asking for backlash.  I'd fully expect the general populace to boo if Michael Vick made a joke about not trusting Koreans with his dogs.

Agreed 100%. Conservatives just don't do humor very well.
(10-18-2015, 12:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So he made an asian cooking up dogs joke?

Maybe a bit out of line with a president candidate but it's a harmless joke and it's funny.

This is in the same vein as Asian drivers.

So casual racism is funny to you? You do get that those jokes are racist, right? When you attribute traits like that to a whole race, that is racism. It's not harmless and it is low brow humor. But, he knows his audience I suppose.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-18-2015, 08:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So casual racism is funny to you? You do get that those jokes are racist, right? When you attribute traits like that to a whole race, that is racism. It's not harmless and it is low brow humor. But, he knows his audience I suppose.

Of course he finds it funny. It is "harmless" to joke about "savages", after all.
(10-18-2015, 12:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Republicans just aren't a very funny group of people, 

I take it you never watched George W. Bush give a speech. 
(10-18-2015, 06:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I take it you never watched George W. Bush give a speech. 

You're right. He should have said intentionally funny. Ninja

latest conspiracy theory is that Bernie Sanders is really George Steinbrenner, who's really Larry David
(10-18-2015, 08:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So casual racism is funny to you? You do get that those jokes are racist, right? When you attribute traits like that to a whole race, that is racism. It's not harmless and it is low brow humor. But, he knows his audience I suppose.

Come on man . This is old humor. Nothing wrong with this at all. No one fears Asians will cook up their pets or that Asian drivers are the worst .

I guess your offended by Blazing Saddles as well?

This isn't something to get crazy over.
(10-19-2015, 03:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Come on man .  This is old humor.   Nothing wrong with this at all.   No one fears Asians will cook up their pets or that Asian drivers are the worst .  

Mel Brooks wasn't running for president at a good Christian.

Difference.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-19-2015, 04:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mel Brooks wasn't running for president at a good Christian.

Difference.

My comment has nothing to with who said it... It's about what was said. It's not a big deal .
(10-19-2015, 03:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Come on man .  This is old humor.   Nothing wrong with this at all.   No one fears Asians will cook up their pets or that Asian drivers are the worst .  

Crazy, no. But he should get a heaping helping of flack.

He's a commentator (some people confuse that with journalist) and a presidential candidate, both of which are nonfiction, not starring with Gene Wilder, which is fiction. I think that's part of the problem now — too many people don't know the difference. They think everything is just scripted.