Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue-interviews
(01-05-2016, 12:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is an interesting question .  Not sure who it would be on offense.    Zampese gets passed over a lot plus he was a Martz guy so I don't think Marvin wants to go back there.    

Maybe Kyle Caskey.  Has worked with the OL and the backs .... Plus has been with Gruden and Hue.

Wow would be shocked if Caskey is considered? Don't think he has the experience necessary just yet....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin brought Brat back last year when he promoted Hue, planning for him to replace Hue when Hue leaves. Won't be our finest hour of the offseason that's for sure.

Omg...I forgot about that  Shocked
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mike silver keeps talking up 49ers and Hue.  

They also pursued Vance last year for DC.   This may be a place hue wants to go and take VJ with him.   Could stick it to Oakland constantly.    

This would give us a Bengal coach in 3/4 of the NFC divisions lol

The 49ers ownership blew up a playoff caliber team, got rid of a coach who had taken them to a Super Bowl, and ended up on the bottom of their division.  Hue needs to take that into consideration before signing a contract with them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hue also approached by Browns per Schefter. He is 100% gone.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The 49ers ownership blew up a playoff caliber team, got rid of a coach who had taken them to a Super Bowl, and ended up on the bottom of their division.  Hue needs to take that into consideration before signing a contract with them.  

This plus Hue's experience with a 'quirky' ownership in Oakland has to make him appreciative of the stability he has with the Bengals. Certainly he knows the HC position is his in Cincinnati when Marvin leaves, though the timing of which is highly debatable. Still, it's hard to imagine Hue moving to a situation that is better than what he currently has in Cincinnati. At least he will be extremely choosy imho. I say if Hue leaves, we can be certain we will have Marvin for more than just another year. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The 49ers ownership blew up a playoff caliber team, got rid of a coach who had taken them to a Super Bowl, and ended up on the bottom of their division.  Hue needs to take that into consideration before signing a contract with them.  

I thought so as well but after I listened to the roughing the passer podcast it brought some interesting points to light.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cbs-sports-roughing-passer/id349140950?mt=2&i=360076392
Reply/Quote
Personally I think the Titans are the best fit
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:29 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Hue also approached by Browns per Schefter. He is 100% gone.
Any coach that takes a position with the Browns is a dummy.  It's like getting a job through a temp agency when that nice 5 star place down the road is already hiring.  You'll be gone next year anyway.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

I think it was more like half the 49'er team quit/retired......that would be a solid organization to work for, playing in a new stadium however they have a tough division to win in
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:01 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Has there ever been such a high demand for coordinators from a playoff win-less team?  Why don't the Pats coordinators get sniped every year?!?!
I think everyone assumes the Pats are all Bellichick and Brady, not the coordinators. No one assumes the Bengals are all Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Personally I think the Titans are the best fit

Chip needs to be with his son though.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:29 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Hue also approached by Browns per Schefter. He is 100% gone.

I'm 99% certain Hue wouldn't take over the Browns. He might interview there to increase interest from other teams, but no coach with more than three teams looking at him is going to sign with Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:40 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I think everyone assumes the Pats are all Bellichick and Brady, not the coordinators. No one assumes the Bengals are all Marvin.

The record leans that way. Head coaches, you've got:

Crennel (decent considering his heads coaching stops, but still gets fired everywhere)
Al Groh (out of the league)
McDaniels (helped build the roster they have now by setting fire to a Superbowl caliber team and then peeing on it)
Mangini (Crennel 2.0)
O'Brien (If it wasn't for his inherited defense, he'd be unemployed
Saban (Great college coach. This isn't college)
Schawrtz (Probably the best of the tree, but not the most likable
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:24 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm 99% certain Hue wouldn't take over the Browns. He might interview there to increase interest from other teams, but no coach with more than three teams looking at him is going to sign with Cleveland.

Bengals OC is a better job than Browns HC. Especially with the nonsense going on now.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is an interesting question .  Not sure who it would be on offense.    Zampese gets passed over a lot plus he was a Martz guy so I don't think Marvin wants to go back there.    

Maybe Kyle Caskey.  Has worked with the OL and the backs .... Plus has been with Gruden and Hue.

I would venture that it would be James Urban...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:30 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: This plus Hue's experience with a 'quirky' ownership in Oakland has to make him appreciative of the stability he has with the Bengals. Certainly he knows the HC position is his in Cincinnati when Marvin leaves, though the timing of which is highly debatable. Still, it's hard to imagine Hue moving to a situation that is better than what he currently has in Cincinnati. At least he will be extremely choosy imho. I say if Hue leaves, we can be certain we will have Marvin for more than just another year. 

I agree, the team is very loyal to all of it's employees.  Hue likely knows that he has a solid position here, with a future as a HC, if he wants it.  Some guys are happier being coordinators, or even position coaches, because they like the more direct working with the players.  Who knows, maybe Hue is one of those guys?  At least him being in great demand should at least work out to a pay bump for him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why can't we just pay our coordinators more so they stick around?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I would venture that it would be James Urban...

I thought about that since he was with Reid as a Qb coach for a while.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:31 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Why can't we just pay our coordinators more so they stick around?

Because guys like to have more responsibility and see if they are able to build something special.  
Reply/Quote

I agree Hue will be a head coach in the NFL next year. He deserves it. I also agree Marvin Lewis has developed good coaches even though he can't get that playoff win. Yet.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote