Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue-interviews
Guys Hue isn't taking the Browns job. Lol

He will wind up in San Fran or Tennessee probably.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin brought Brat back last year when he promoted Hue, planning for him to replace Hue when Hue leaves. Won't be our finest hour of the offseason that's for sure.

That would be a progress killer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One thing to note about Hue taking a lot of interviews is that he fulfils the Rooney Rule requirements. In the lists I have seen there have only been Hue plus one other person who do that so both of them should be seeing a lot of initial interest. Doesn't mean he's going into them as first choice, though.

With that said, we all know Hue and I suspect he will make a strong impression at interview - in the same way that Zim did - and it only takes one owner to be looking for that type of guy.

I hope he stays until Marv quits or is fired.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You know for such a lousy head coach marvin seems to hire and develop coaches pretty well.

Yeah, but if we are the most talented team in the NFL and our coaches are so great that even our coordinators are amazing HC's WHY oh WHY can't we win?  Gypsy curse?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:40 PM)corpjet Wrote: I think it was more like half the 49'er team quit/retired......that would be a solid organization to work for, playing in a new stadium however they have a tough division to win in

I have heard multiple reports that say San Francisco would be a very good job.  New stadium, stable ownership, and they are supposed to have a ton of free money under the cap.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Guys Hue isn't taking the Browns job.   Lol

Don't forget Miami.  I personally think he could do wonders with Tannhill, plus they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.  Not to mention it is Miami, an owner who is not afraid to spend, and no state income tax...

For everyone bringing up a certain someone's name... DON'T EVEN DO IT!!!  I am not a superstitious person, but even saying it might somehow cause it to come true  Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 05:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think anyone has ever said he couldn't evaluate talent.  It's the stuff that happens on the field that draws ire.  Maybe he should think about swapping out some of these lifers in the position coach ranks.....or perhaps it's just him.....but something is amiss here.

Marvin has 112 wins (ranks 34th on all time list ).. he is a good coach at this time.  Taken his team to the playoffs 50 percent of this tenure, turned around the worst franchise of the 1990s.  Has been terrible in playoffs but good coaches make the playoffs,, great coaches win in the playoffs, lousy coaches never get there or do it rarely and are gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Guys Hue isn't taking the Browns job.   Lol

My guess is San Francisco.

They want an offense, Hue will say 'Look how I turned around this year's quarterbacks in the Superbowl, Andy and Carson.' Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:25 PM)Benton Wrote: My guess is San Francisco.

They want an offense, Hue will say 'Look how I turned around this year's quarterbacks in the Superbowl, Andy and Carson.' Ninja

What about the NY Giants? Might not Hue flourish in that organization?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 01:33 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Don't forget Miami.  I personally think he could do wonders with Tannhill, plus they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.  Not to mention it is Miami, an owner who is not afraid to spend, and no state income tax...

For everyone bringing up a certain someone's name... DON'T EVEN DO IT!!!  I am not a superstitious person, but even saying it might somehow cause it to come true  Sad

I hear Haley a lot when Miami comes up down here. Of course they may look at Coughlin now
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:25 PM)Benton Wrote: My guess is San Francisco.

That and he has a past with their GM. So that could work, I think the Titans is the better job though. They at least have a franchise Qb and the top pick .
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I hear Haley a lot when Miami comes up down here.   Of course they may look at Coughlin now

I hear Haley talked about a lot as well.  I forget who it was, but someone on NFL Network said Hue has the personality to stand up to Sue and let him know what is expected of him (that made some sense).  I honestly don't see how anyone hires Coughlin... he is 70 years old. Wouldn't you at least want to hire someone with the hopes they are a long term (5-10 year) answer??
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:46 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I hear Haley talked about a lot as well.  I forget who it was, but someone on NFL Network said Hue has the personality to stand up to Sue and let him know what is expected of him (that made some sense).  I honestly don't see how anyone hires Coughlin... he is 70 years old. Wouldn't you at least want to hire someone with the hopes they are a long term (5-10 year) answer??

Not in some owners minds.. win now... anymore 5 straight years is long tenure in NFL.  I believe only 9 teams have coaches that have been there 5 straight years... 

Hell Rex Ryan is supposed to have been told win next year (his second) or your fired
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Marvin has 112 wins (ranks 34th on all time list ).. he is a good coach at this time.  Taken his team to the playoffs 50 percent of this tenure, turned around the worst franchise of the 1990s.  Has been terrible in playoffs but good coaches make the playoffs,, great coaches win in the playoffs, lousy coaches never get there or do it rarely and are gone.

He's mediocre.....but him and Tobin make an EXCELLENT drafting tandem.  This team is stacked, and should have multiple postseason wins by now....maybe even a championship.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just read Hue has an interview on Sunday with the Browns... Hope he has enough resolve and loyalty to do his job this week and not focus on his opportunity. I really wish there was a rule about teams sniping coordinators during the playoffs, imo it's a bunch of bull.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I hear Haley a lot when Miami comes up down here.   Of course they may look at Coughlin now

A short golf cart ride from the retirement community to the office.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 03:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not in some owners minds.. win now... anymore 5 straight years is long tenure in NFL.  I believe only 9 teams have coaches that have been there 5 straight years... 

Hell Rex Ryan is supposed to have been told win next year (his second) or your fired

Well, Rex did take an already pretty good team and made zero progress.   This is his last NFL HC job.  The apple didn't fall far from the tree.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 03:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not in some owners minds.. win now... anymore 5 straight years is long tenure in NFL.  I believe only 9 teams have coaches that have been there 5 straight years... 

I hear what you are saying, but don't think you hire a 70 year old.  The goal is to have someone with a long tenure, and you don't even have that option with someone who is already that age.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 04:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's mediocre.....but him and Tobin make an EXCELLENT drafting tandem.  This team is stacked, and should have multiple postseason wins by now....maybe even a championship.

Sorry his record as a coach compared to the NFL coaching history puts him as a good coach.. you can have your opinion but in the end Coaches are judged by winning records, division championships, making playoffs and winning in playoffs.

You can check the box for Marvin on 3 of the 4.   That is what makes him good.  

Let me give you  examples of mediocre

Bart Starr
Ron Meyer
Herman Edwards
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:37 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I hear what you are saying, but don't think you hire a 70 year old.  The goal is to have someone with a long tenure, and you don't even have that option with someone who is already that age.

well worked out pretty well in Baseball with the Marlins
Reply/Quote