Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Irma
(09-06-2017, 08:44 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I thought I heard somewhere that the Governor has ordered mandatory evacuation.  Having been stationed in Norfolk area and living there for 8yrs I've ridden out a couple of hurricanes, but no way would I be trying to ride this one out.  Irma is cat 5 hurricane with sustained winds approaching 200mph!   Time to go and now!

Maybe you guys can take advantage of this?  At any rate stay safe guys!

the evacuations have mainly been for key west

im in zephyrhills which is about 25 miles east of tampa, and if rides the east coast like it looks like its gonna do, we will definitely stay

if it shifts way to the west and ride up the gulf along tampa, then we will have to decide what we want to do, so we will know more thursday night/friday morning
People suck
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 09:28 PM)Griever Wrote: the evacuations have mainly been for key west

im in zephyrhills which is about 25 miles east of tampa, and if rides the east coast like it looks like its gonna do, we will definitely stay

if it shifts way to the west and ride up the gulf along tampa, then we will have to decide what we want to do, so we will know more thursday night/friday morning

Well either way stay safe man, this thing is predicted to do massive damage, perhaps the most damage in US history.  Anyway best of luck.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 08:44 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I thought I heard somewhere that the Governor has ordered mandatory evacuation.  Having been stationed in Norfolk area and living there for 8yrs I've ridden out a couple of hurricanes, but no way would I be trying to ride this one out.  Irma is cat 5 hurricane with sustained winds approaching 200mph!   Time to go and now!

Maybe you guys can take advantage of this?  At any rate stay safe guys!

Thanks Richmond! We have evac plans unless the storm gets down to a three.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like there are several of you down there. We just had a demonstration of how ugly things like this can be. Fortunately it sounds like all of you have options, and can leave if need be. Follow your gut, and be safe.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well florida peeps it seems to be that time again.  

The current paths for my area (treasure coast) do not look good at all.  Either it's right up 95 or goes over to Naples and puts us on the right side of the storm.    

Hope everyone is safe and gets all their prep in time.    Water is scarce and a lot of people are ordering from amazon.

That sounds grim. Best of luck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm in Santa Rosa beach just west of Panama City beach. At the moment it Looks like we will be spared for this one. Get the heck out of there St. Lucie and Stay safe everyone!

Reply/Quote
euro model has it shifting west....sigh

hunkering down seems like the only thing the wife and i can do
People suck
Reply/Quote
I have relatives in Clearwater, and my parents snowbird in a similar area around there, Tarpon Springs.

They are somewhat nervous.

There doesn't seem to be a reliable forecast in place when and where this thing turns north.
Reply/Quote
We are getting out of here.

[Image: YhTak1k.jpg]

[Image: 6RwrINR.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We are getting out of here.

Godspeed man.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 06:12 PM)Griever Wrote: euro model has it shifting west....sigh

I'd get out if you can.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:09 PM)jason Wrote: I'd get out if you can.

75 and 95 are backed up, gas is more than likely gone

just gonna ride it out
People suck
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:40 PM)Griever Wrote: 75 and 95 are backed up, gas is more than likely gone

just gonna ride it out

Wish you well my man.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We are getting out of here.

Thinking of you and your family Lucie.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 06:12 PM)Griever Wrote: euro model has it shifting west....sigh

Thinking of you and your family man.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 08:40 PM)Griever Wrote: 75 and 95 are backed up, gas is more than likely gone

just gonna ride it out

Of all the times you need your house to tell you to "get out!" This would be it. You still have time to get out. You should make a break for it.

Reply/Quote

[Image: 21371260_1614103088636373_95059549236599...e=5A56AE03]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Meh. What do climate scientist know about the climate?

Reply/Quote
Oh C'mon.. Rush Limbaugh has already told the world that it's merely a marketing ploy to sell bottled water..and he's only evacuating from Florida because he might lose power and might not be able to broadcast his ever enlightening helpful household hints..it has nothing to do with him personally being scared shitless and being an utterly useless lump of shit.. Of course not..
Here in South Carolina we're sort of having a sigh of relief. That won't stop my 88 year old dad from panicking and thinking we're all gonna die. We're expecting some minor flooding, but the house is about 20 feet above the water level of the lake so all is good here. It's a private lake that can be raised and lowered, but even if it floods like it did a few years ago it'll only go up so far. It emptied to a creek about 40 feet lower..
My gf is from Florida with family and friends mostly up around Port Orange and a son near Orlando. They're all hunkering down for reasons unknown..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 12:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oh C'mon.. Rush Limbaugh has already told the world that it's merely a marketing ploy to sell bottled water..and he's only evacuating from Florida because he might lose power and might not be able to broadcast his ever enlightening helpful household hints..it has nothing to do with him personally being scared shitless and being an utterly useless lump of shit.. Of course not..
Here in South Carolina we're sort of having a sigh of relief. That won't stop my 88 year old dad from panicking and thinking we're all gonna die. We're expecting some minor flooding, but the house is about 20 feet above the water level of the lake so all is good here. It's a private lake that can be raised and lowered, but even if it floods like it did a few years ago it'll only go up so far. It emptied to a creek about 40 feet lower..
My gf is from Florida with family and friends mostly up around Port Orange and a son near Orlando. They're all hunkering down for reasons unknown..

Where in SC are you located?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote