Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Irma
(09-07-2017, 08:40 PM)Griever Wrote: 75 and 95 are backed up, gas is more than likely gone

just gonna ride it out

When we came up the turnpike on our evacuation the only places with gas were on the turnpike and the lines were insanity to the point it shit down a lane of traffic on the TP.

We finally got gas a bit south of Gainesville.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 02:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When we came up the turnpike on our evacuation the only places with gas were on the turnpike and the lines were insanity to the point it shit down a lane of traffic on the TP.

We finally got gas a bit south of Gainesville.

Seems like you are making good time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 01:49 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Where in SC are you located?

Just NE of Columbia just before Elgin near Pontiac.
We're in an unincorporated area by about 3 1/2 feet in every direction.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We are getting out of here.  

[Image: YhTak1k.jpg]

[Image: 6RwrINR.jpg]

Yeah man, GTFO there ASAP....safe travels, and hope your property makes it through to the other side.  At any rate, property can be replaced, family and friends cannot.  God bless you, and the rest of you folks down there in Florida.  My buddy just survived Harvey relatively unscathed.....I wish all of you the same fate as him.  Keep us updated.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
You really have to wonder how many fender benders and rear end accidents are going to bring traffic to a stand still along the way. 
You know some idiots would just block traffic all day long waiting for a cop to show up to report things no matter how insignificant the damage which I'm pretty sure would piss off EVERYONE behind them..
Gee, wouldn't you just love to be in the car with someone like that? I'd start thinking about murder at that point..lol

Edit: Oh boy..my father, 88 years old , a habitual news junkie and all around worry wart just saw that the governor of SC is considering ordering an evacuation so of course WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!  I love my dad, but right now I kind of wish the power would go out so he wouldn't have CNN to scare him 24/7 about any and everything.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 03:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just NE of Columbia just before Elgin near Pontiac.
We're in an unincorporated area by about 3 1/2 feet in every direction.. 

....was just down your way for the Southern 500 last weekend.....

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 03:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....was just down your way for the Southern 500 last weekend.....

I didn't even know that was a thing until your post.. Shows how much I pay attention to local news.. lol

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 03:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: I didn't even know that was a thing until your post.. Shows how much I pay attention to local news.. lol

LMAO

Reply/Quote
We got the call today. We are sending 3 tankers with Diesel and Gasoline into Florida to support the emergency efforts. Had a good 4hrs to learn a whole new side of FMCSA & D.O.T. regulations for emergency relief. Drivers are ready, I have laid out the groundwork for them and everything will be in motion. Now we wait.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 07:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We got the call today. We are sending 3 tankers with Diesel and Gasoline into Florida to support the emergency efforts. Had a good 4hrs to learn a whole new side of FMCSA & D.O.T. regulations for emergency relief. Drivers are ready, I have laid out the groundwork for them and everything will be in motion. Now we wait.

Well, to your benefit, most of the Southern States have declared States of Emergency.  Thus relaxing regulations on weight and hours and such for trucks hauling things like fuel, and needed supplies.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, to your benefit, most of the Southern States have declared States of Emergency.  Thus relaxing regulations on weight and hours and such for trucks hauling things like fuel, and needed supplies.

That's what I had to learn. Still have to log, but HOS don't apply. Weight restrictions are up to 90k, as long as they are on the proper routes etc. Also had to research and print all doc's and get ready for each driver in case DOT got funky, because as those of us in the business know, an un-educated officer can wreak havoc. I have them well prepared. Printed all emergency declarations etc. These guys are ready to go!

EDIT: Under the declaration - the exemptions in the southern states apply to all states travelling through even if not effected. As long as your CMV and driver have the proper documentation.

Reply/Quote
how nice of the ***** hurrican to shift west and hit naples and ride up the west coast of the state

le sigh

if i dont post after this weekend, you'll know im dead
People suck
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 08:05 PM)Griever Wrote: how nice of the ***** hurrican to shift west and hit naples and ride up the west coast of the state

le sigh

if i dont post after this weekend, you'll know im dead

Damn, I've got a close friend that lives in St. Pete.  I hope he caught a flight to PA and is at him Mom's in Blairsville.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Took us 16+ hours to get out of florida.

26 hours to get to Chattanooga.

The traffic is no joke.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 08:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Took us 16+ hours to get out of florida.

26 hours to get to Chattanooga.

The traffic is no joke.

Good to hear you got out.

Griever, wtf are you sticking around? Aren't they talking about huge storm surges in Naples? Get out dude.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 12:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Meh. What do climate scientist know about the climate?

(09-08-2017, 12:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oh C'mon.. Rush Limbaugh has already told the world that it's merely a marketing ploy to sell bottled water..and he's only evacuating from Florida because he might lose power and might not be able to broadcast his ever enlightening helpful household hints..it has nothing to do with him personally being scared shitless and being an utterly useless lump of shit.. Of course not..
Here in South Carolina we're sort of having a sigh of relief. That won't stop my 88 year old dad from panicking and thinking we're all gonna die. We're expecting some minor flooding, but the house is about 20 feet above the water level of the lake so all is good here. It's a private lake that can be raised and lowered, but even if it floods like it did a few years ago it'll only go up so far. It emptied to a creek about 40 feet lower..
My gf is from Florida with family and friends mostly up around Port Orange and a son near Orlando. They're all hunkering down for reasons unknown..

Its Trumps fault. He did this in 231 days.

Reply/Quote
My Army buddy in Miami is going to hunker down! Sucks, but he says his house is hurricane proof. I don't know but hate the idea and scare the hell out of me for his safety. Damn stubborn Cuban!

Reply/Quote
Didn't read through entire thread, but wanted to say to anyone in Florida to keep your heads down and stay safe. Definitely thinking of you guys this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 07:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We got the call today. We are sending 3 tankers with Diesel and Gasoline into Florida to support the emergency efforts. Had a good 4hrs to learn a whole new side of FMCSA & D.O.T. regulations for emergency relief. Drivers are ready, I have laid out the groundwork for them and everything will be in motion. Now we wait.

Southbound and down
Loaded up and teuckin'
We gon' do what they say can't be done
We got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm southbound just watch ol Harley run
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 09:38 AM)jason Wrote: Southbound and down
Loaded up and teuckin'
We gon' do what they say can't be done
We got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm southbound just watch ol Harley run

I will be safe and sound here in Ohio. Our drivers will be the ones heading into FL. 

Reply/Quote