Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurst to Panthers
What the actual ****! Is this team trying to lose? What the hell are they thinking?! This has to be the worst I've seen the Bengals do in free agency in a long time! At this rate, we won't even make the playoffs this year if this keeps up.

[Image: 5bad93d2200000e500ff0d8c.jpeg?ops=scalef..._noupscale]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:08 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: Has the Hurst contract been released?

If he got 3 years my guess is 3/21M

We probably offered him 1/4M again. Maybe we went up to 1/6M but no way we offered 3 years.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:12 PM)Brandon00151 Wrote: What the actual ****! Is this team trying to lose? What the hell are they thinking?! This has to be the worst I've seen the Bengals do in free agency in a long time! At this rate, we won't even make the playoffs this year if this keeps up.

Are you trying to get an early start on winning a Tony award?  Game over, season over, well at least we have the 2024 draft to look forward to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:15 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Are you sure they are the ones revising history? He averaged 31 yards per game last season. Over a full 17 game season, that's 540 yards and 3 TDs. That would have ranked 14th in receiving yards for TEs and tied for 18th in TDs. Maybe we have different standards, but I think saying he was just "fine" or something equivalent to that is pretty accurate.

I certainly wouldn't classify him as great or a Pro Bowler. 

JAG. Easily replaceable.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:15 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Are you trying to get an early start on winning a Tony award?  Game over, season over, well at least we have the 2024 draft to look forward to.

[Image: smile-laughing.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:15 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Are you trying to get an early start on winning a Tony award?  Game over, season over, well at least we have the 2024 draft to look forward to.

We're get shalacked week 1, 42-3.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We're get shalacked week 1, 42-3.

By who!!!? The f***** Steelers?!!?

Cmon bro
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:30 PM)Housh Wrote: By who!!!? The f***** Steelers?!!?

Cmon bro

I was using  Sarcasm to embrace the woe-is-us posts. Check the thread, I've not freaked out yet about free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:59 AM)Synric Wrote: I've been talking about them doubling down at TE in this draft class for a while. There's a good chance they find a top flight TE early in this draft.

Yeah, saw this earlier this morning and kind of figured it was coming. No need to overpay Hurst even we really liked him for his 8 YPC.

He was clutch and played with fire for us and wish him the best.

Thank God this is a very good class for TE's of all kinds.
Reply/Quote
We are probably staring down the best TE draft class since 2018.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:38 PM)Synric Wrote: We are probably staring down the best TE draft class since 2018.

Yep, we could get the so called best TE in Michael Mayer at 28 with the best film to some of the most raw talented TE's in the mid to 
late rounds in guys like Durham, Whyle, Kuntz etc.

If we go TE in the first, I still like Darnell Washington because of his blocking and upside but that would only be if Darnell Wright is 
gone and we already addressed RT in FA. So many ways to go, this is actually a very interesting FA, more interesting than we all were
lead to believe. The other NFL teams just went and poached the guys we were looking to keep.

As Pistons said, we are a winning team now, other teams will overvalue our players. Losing Bell sucks but we can get an upgrade 
over him with youth and talent. His smarts are where we might lose something, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I was using  Sarcasm to embrace the woe-is-us posts. Check the thread, I've not freaked out yet about free agency.

Oh lol

I was hurt
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:49 PM)Housh Wrote: Oh lol

I was hurt

We're good.

[Image: bro-hug.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:13 PM)Housh Wrote: If he got 3 years my guess is 3/21M

We probably offered him 1/4M again. Maybe we went up to 1/6M but no way we offered 3 years.

If that's true, no way we should have offered him that. He's being very over evaluated by some of the whiners here, just like how CJ was irreplaceable last year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:55 PM)TheFan Wrote: If that's true, no way we should have offered him that. He's being very over evaluated by some of the whiners here, just like how CJ was irreplaceable last year. 

Talent/Production is easy to replace on Paper... But extra effort that gains first downs and things went a long way last year... Lets hope we find another that plays just as hard.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Talent/Production is easy to replace on Paper... But extra effort that gains first downs and things went a long way last year... Lets hope we find another that plays just as hard.

Everyone said the same thing about CJ last year and we found pretty much the exact same player for 17mil cheaper. There's nothing about either of their games that pretty much every average tight end doesn't do. Hurst wasn't even very good after the catch. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Now work to ensure Burrow always has a good OL protecting him and hope the draft keeps the defense solid.

We are going to need to draft oline, we won't be spending alot on Oline fa..
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, saw this earlier this morning and kind of figured it was coming. No need to overpay Hurst even we really liked him for his 8 YPC.

He was clutch and played with fire for us and wish him the best.

Thank God this is a very good class for TE's of all kinds.

Thought the same. Liked him. Was ambivalent about him coming back…particularly with the deep stock of stud TEs in this draft.

It’s starting to make sense what the Bengals are doing, now. They’re getting younger where they can, so they can put together a team that is built for the long haul, not just doing the same thing with the same players for next season.

This draft is rich in what they need…..OL….TE…..RE….Safeties.

No reason to retread those positions when cheaper, and probably better, exist in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Hurst was injured quite a bit last year and hes getting older. He's not worth the money, he looked better because Joe made him look better. I liked Hurst but he is easily replaceable.

I find it funny that he said "I found a home in Cincy and want to stay here for a long time" I guess one year is a long time...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:05 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Thought the same.  Liked him.  Was ambivalent about him coming back…particularly with the deep stock of stud TEs in this draft.

It’s starting to make sense what the Bengals are doing, now.  They’re getting younger where they can, so they can put together a team that is built for the long haul, not just doing the same thing with the same players for next season.

This draft is rich in what they need…..OL….TE…..RE….Safeties.

No reason to retread those positions when cheaper, and probably better, exist in the draft.

Yes.

It just isn't what they said they were going to do, but what is wrong with being unpredictable?

If they land some of the talent that is still out there that is younger and maybe even upgrades with higher ceilings this could be genius.

Eluemunor at RT, CGJ at Safety, Rankins at 3-tech, Miles Sanders at RB, these guys are still out there and this draft is crazy deep at TE
and RB. I could name about 10 more players that are out there that we could land that could be upgrades still.
Reply/Quote