Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can't Wait Until the End of the Year Press Conference
(12-11-2019, 06:58 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: If I were Mike, I would say this:   “the season was an embarrassment to the team, and the city,  the results are on acceptable, and we will not rest until we bring back playoff and championship caliber football to the city. Anything less than that is unacceptable. New Head coach search starts right now!!!”

fixed
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 06:25 PM)kalibengal Wrote: LOL...Ive seen these references to the 91 Lumina ….is it  a real thing? does he actually drive this car?? 

It is. He also has an '87 Lebaron he takes out on the weekends when he's feeling sporty. You can spot him by the liscense plate cheapsk8
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The real question is what would any of you say if you were in Mikes position?

“Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?“
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 07:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: “Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?“

Gotta side with Elmer on this.

[Image: 99a2079eb0e822663f1873da68f4082f.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Unless they say "we suck, and have no idea what we are doing," they are talking out of there ass.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I predict that Mike Brown will announce his retirement at some point....maybe at this conference. Yes
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 04:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just to be clear, I'm not at all expecting anything of note, regarding changes or plans to be introduced. It could, but my hopes are not high.

The entertainment value, at least for me, will be their regardless. Even if nothing is said, that almost says eveything.

This is a big deal for them. It's one of a few, if not only, opportunites to directly reach their fanbase. And they need to desperately accomplish something here.

Logic would tell you that they'd realize this and that they'd have a calculated and planned response and performance for this event. Logic dictates they need to create goodwill moving forward, while also presenting accountability for lack of results. Of course this was all true in 2010 too, yet they used this platform to only further damage their public perception.

I'm just curious to see what they offer up. Have they learned anything? Are there any attempts made to improve their relationship with their fans and this community? Or is it just the same ol', same ol'

If it is just a repeat of previous years I expect the reaction and result to be disastrous. Worse than ever before. They badly need a "home-run" here or I fear support will drop to levels beyond that of the 90's.

I just can't wait to see if they realize this, or if they even care. Can they be so stupid to trot out the same old song and dance? Are they really that stupid?

I guess we'll find out in 3 weeks.

Agree! It's taken me 49 years to realize that this team will never be relevant as long as this family commands the boat. 

Been a sad but educating season for me. Seriously, seriously considering a different option. I'm getting too old to be wasting my money on gear for a team who's owners care nothing about the loyal fans!

I've been buying Bengals shit for 40 years. Done with that!

Good luck selling out your stadium douchebags! Thing is, they don't care! Revenue sharing is their friend.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 06:25 PM)kalibengal Wrote: LOL...Ive seen these references to the 91 Lumina ….is it  a real thing? does he actually drive this car?? 

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Shirtainly this sheason was a dishappointment. Nobody expected AJ and Jonah to mish the whole year, and that kind of put ush behind the eight ball from the get go. I thought Coach Taylor did a tremendoush job of keeping the team playing hard all season, and hatsh off to him. We are going to look at some things and see where we can get better.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 09:30 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree! It's taken me 49 years to realize that this team will never be relevant as long as this family commands the boat. 

Been a sad but educating season for me. Seriously, seriously considering a different option. I'm getting too old to be wasting my money on gear for a team who's owners care nothing about the loyal fans!

Good luck selling out your stadium douchebags! Thing is, they don't care! Revenue sharing is their friend.

The best we can hope for is catching lightning in a bottle 1 year and maybe making a SB run. It's unlikely though.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 09:30 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree! It's taken me 49 years to realize that this team will never be relevant as long as this family commands the boat. 

Please leave now.  I am so sick of people squealing about how they are giving up yet they never leave.

If the Bengals made me suffer half as much as some of you claim to I would have been gone a long time ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 12:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Please leave now.  I am so sick of people squealing about how they are giving up yet they never leave.

If the Bengals made me suffer half as much as some of you claim to I would have been gone a long time ago.

Look Mike, we've been sick of you since the mother ship. If and when I decided to take my loyalty elsewhere, it will be my choice.

In the meantime you just carry on and keep licking your own balls.
Reply/Quote
Mike and his family have already implied that the fan base is too hard on them.

Ever heard of winning in the post season?

The fact that they've said that and felt that way just shows their bad logic is beyond oblivion.

So nope. Not wanting to hear the "state of Bengals".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

There are different avenues to enjoy the nfl outside of rooting for the Bengals. You could simply support any team playing the Steelers (use caution twice a year), or dive into the enjoyment of fantasy football where you find yourself rooting for players instead of organizations.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 05:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Perhaps, after 3 decades of failure I should hire a real GM ?

Course any of us would have realized that 25 years ago so....

The refrain "hire a real GM" is as tired and out of date as Mike Brown.

Duke Tobin is the de facto GM. The change you want is more than changing his job title.

Of course people wouldn't accept Duke Tobin as a real GM because he hasn't failed and been sacked elsewhere first.

Mike Brown though is missing a trick. Giving someone the title GM is a no-brainer. Not because it would make a difference on the football field but because they would then act as a lightning conductor for Mike Brown when it comes to criticism.

As for the press conference: .... tough..... lessons learnt.... evaluate this off-season..... there will be changes ... next season ... hope.... success
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 07:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: “Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?“

No. 

Daisy Duck, however...……….
Reply/Quote
well im hoping ohio remains the state of the bengals
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 08:22 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The refrain "hire a real GM" is as tired and out of date as Mike Brown.

Duke Tobin is the de facto GM. The change you want is more than changing his job title.

Of course people wouldn't accept Duke Tobin as a real GM because he hasn't failed and been sacked elsewhere first.

Mike Brown though is missing a trick. Giving someone the title GM is a no-brainer. Not because it would make a difference on the football field but because they would then act as a lightning conductor for Mike Brown when it comes to criticism.

As for the press conference:  .... tough..... lessons learnt.... evaluate this off-season..... there will be changes ... next season ... hope.... success

If you think Duke Tobin is a GM in all but name then I'm not sure you know exactly what it is that a GM does.

Just because a few people like to claim Tobin is essentially our GM doesn't make it close to true.

Has he gained additiinal input? Sure. Does he do more, or have more say, than the average scouting director? Perhaps he does. I'll even concede that he has a unique role, in a unique front office structure. But none of this makes him close to the "real GM" people often call for.

A GM usually oversees the entire football operations side of the organization. Does that describe Duke Tobin to you.

They often are in charge of the firing and hiring of coaches. Do you think Tobin is the one who ultimately made the decision to can Marvin? Do you think he had the most control in the signing of Taylor.

GM's generally lead and execute contract negotiations. Does Tobin do that? No he does not. Katie does.

The list goes on and on. Duke Tobin has nowhere close the role of an actual GM. Just because he's been given some additional duties doesn't make it so. 

Seriously, guys. Please stop with the nonsense that Tobin is essentially our GM. He's a yes man that worked his way into the family's circle. He has input, and he's in a unique situation, in a very unique structure. But Ozzie Newsome he is not. His role and responsibility is nowhere near. 

Also, to suggest that a legit GM would make it no difference on the field, and it is nothing more than a title, is one of the more ridiculous takes I've read on here.  All GM's, in every sport, greatly affect on the field performance. To say differently is like saying an architect has no influence on a building. It's beyond idiotic.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 07:49 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Mike and his family have already implied that the fan base is too hard on them.

Ever heard of winning in the post season?

The fact that they've said that and felt that way just shows their bad logic is beyond oblivion.

So nope.  Not wanting to hear the "state of Bengals".

Many fans are too hard on them.  These fans are not satisfied with just saying the Browns are bad at making football decisions.  Instead they claim that the Browns don't care about winning, laugh at the fans, etc, etc.

It is the same victim mentality you find in other parts of society.  Too many people love to be victims.  So we can't just have a poor front office.  Instead we have to have an evil one.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 10:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Shirtainly this sheason  was a dishappointment.  Nobody expected AJ and Jonah to mish the whole year, and that kind of put ush behind the eight ball from the get go. I thought Coach Taylor did a tremendoush job of keeping the team playing hard all season, and hatsh off to him. We are going to look at some things and see where we can get better.

*shome
*thingsh
*shee

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote