Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can't Wait Until the End of the Year Press Conference
(12-30-2019, 01:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ah, the Lumina jokes. There's an old saying "Rich people stay rich be living like they are poor, poor people stay poor by living like they're rich"

That's a stupid saying.  Most rich people do not live as if they are poor.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

ie Taylor has agreed to be a yes man in exchange for keeping his job.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: ie Taylor has agreed to be a yes man in exchange for keeping his job.

I’m hoping it means Taylor is going to put his foot down
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: ie Taylor has agreed to be a yes man in exchange for keeping his job.

Most likely but damn I hope not. I'm just hoping and praying the empty seats and record will finally convince MB the staying the course method doesn't work. They have to admit they're rebuilding and actually do it.
Reply/Quote

Ahuh.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
So does anyone know if this thing is happening? Not sure if those quotes are from todays presser or not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So does anyone know if this thing is happening? Not sure if those quotes are from todays presser or not.

They are. Zac just had his end of year presser. It ended about 10-15 minutes ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I’m hoping it means Taylor is going to put his foot down

That's not going to happen in Bengal Land.  If he were to do that he'd be shown the door immediately.

He'll do what every other young coach with no success / leverage would do, say "Thank you sir may I have another?"

Why do you think the Bengals hired this guy and not somebody with previous success?  It's called control.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So does anyone know if this thing is happening? Not sure if those quotes are from todays presser or not.

It was live on social media, ended about 15 minutes ago.

Not much was said. Taylor is being coy with the first pick, wants to examine every possible option. Believes there’s plenty to build on, admits he has to do better. Nothing about changes to the staff Whatever nothing on AJ. Pretty dry and boring, all around.

We can only hope Zac can now say “I told ya so” to Mike and Duke and they’ll actually listen...
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:35 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They are. Zac just had his end of year presser. It ended about 10-15 minutes ago.

So I'm guessing Mike wasn't a part of if this year?  

If not that stinks. It's the only time of year, outside the luncheon, he makes himself available to the media. I really wantee to see what he had to say.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:35 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: That's not going to happen in Bengal Land.  If he were to do that he'd be shown the door immediately.

He'll do what every other young coach with no success / leverage would do, say "Thank you sir may I have another?"

Why do you think the Bengals hired this guy and not somebody with previous success?  It's called control.

Yeah. Most likely Whatever

I’m just hoping this colossal failure of a season makes Mike realize changes need to be made. Zac did say during the presser he plans to talk with management about free agency. Here’s hoping Zac has more say. Shaking the roster up and no more signing/extending free agents of Bobby Harts caliber.

The empty seats hurt Mike, don't let him fool you.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So I'm guessing Mike wasn't a part of if this year?  

If not that stinks. It's the only time of year, outside the luncheon, he makes himself available to the media. I really wantee to see what he had to say.

Did Mike make an appearance two years ago when he extended Marvin? I feel like he didn’t... like he hid himself
Reply/Quote

Taylor did some things that warrant criticism in terms of play calling and game management.  That can be fixed.  It would probably best be fixed by letting him handle the already heavy responsibility of being a HC and giving play calling duties to an OC.

I'd love to see some changes made to the staff.  I'm not sold on Turner or Anarumo, but they did manage to show improvement with their respective groups.  In Turners case, he did it with some true scrubs and young players that probably weren't intended to start at this point in their careers.  

I'm actually good with not canning them.  

I'm hardly ready to be ride or die with Zac, but he deserves credit for keeping the team invested through an incredibly disappointing season.  A lost season, really.  He was given little to work with in FA and his draft picks were hardly ready to make major contributions this year.  Outside of Cordy, he seemed to avoid a mutiny.  That's saying something considering how inexperienced he is and how many veterans he had to get to buy in.
Reply/Quote

I don' think there was ever a real chance of him losing his job.  The family probably wants nothing to do with another protracted HC/staff search like the one they conducted last year.  Beyond going 0-16, he was going to get another year.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So does anyone know if this thing is happening? Not sure if those quotes are from todays presser or not.

It's up on the front page here, along with AJ's interview.
Reply/Quote

Live look at some of our fanbase right now...

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: ...Calling the Browns evil or claiming they don't care about winning because they don't hire a GM is absurd.

Actions speak louder than words.  If they actually cared about winning, they would take the OBVIOUS steps necessary to do so.
Instead, they ignore them.  Therefore, it's easy to come to said conclusion.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ah, the Lumina jokes. There's an old saying "Rich people stay rich be living like they are poor, poor people stay poor by living like they're rich"

The last rich dude I had the honor of doing work for had shattered glass all over the place (I worked for a glass contractor at the time) and wanted us all to remove our shoes inside the house. Yeah, that was enjoyable walking on broken glass while working..  He didn't exactly act poor except in spirit and attitude towards people..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:52 PM)samhain Wrote: I don' think there was ever a real chance of him losing his job.  The family probably wants nothing to do with another protracted HC/staff search like the one they conducted last year.  Beyond going 0-16, he was going to get another year.  

No doubt. They Bungled that search as only the Brown Family can. Refusing to hire a real GM ensures that most football operation decisions will be total shit shows, as per usual.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote