Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Don't Blame Hill
So you wanted to play conservative?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:50 AM)AmeriknGrizzly Wrote: Ok pretty sure I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but I don't blame Hill for this loss.

I rest full blame on whoever made the call for him to run on that play.  We had the lead and we had the positioning, all we had to do was kneel three times so Pit would burn timeouts and then kick the field goal to extend the lead.  After that you kickoff, they have no timeouts, and have to score a touchdown to win with only around a minute remaining.  Also after he stepped up after Gio was hit, c'mon he was a different player after that.  

I will concede that yes he should have held on to the ball but the ball should never have been put in his hands in the first place.

This is accurate on how the game should have been coached. Make then need to score a TD with a min and not TO's. This was a  loss by the coaches and the owner who will not change the coaches. 

This game was given away. 
Reply/Quote
Nope. Nope and Nope. Jeremy Hill's job is to not fumble the football. Jeremy Hill fumbled the football. It's a problem and it cost us the game.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:50 AM)AmeriknGrizzly Wrote: Ok pretty sure I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but I don't blame Hill for this loss.

I rest full blame on whoever made the call for him to run on that play.  We had the lead and we had the positioning, all we had to do was kneel three times so Pit would burn timeouts and then kick the field goal to extend the lead.  After that you kickoff, they have no timeouts, and have to score a touchdown to win with only around a minute remaining.  Also after he stepped up after Gio was hit, c'mon he was a different player after that.  

I will concede that yes he should have held on to the ball but the ball should never have been put in his hands in the first place.
Nope.  In that situation you run it three times.  You get the first and the game is over.  But Hill has to run straight up the middle with both hands on the ball.  Instead he was very careless and that cost us the game.  This team is ***** cursed.  Everything aside the play that decided that game was that fumble.  

As a defense in that situation you are thinking you have to get a turnover to have a chance.  As an offensive player all you have to do is not turn it over and you most likely win the game.  Hill should be cut as this point as he single handedly lost this game on that play.  I've watched a million football games and I've literally never seen the RB fumble the ball on the first carry of a run the clock out win the game scenario.  Thanks Hill for ensuring Cincinnati is the biggest laughing stock of the NFL.  A feat most amazing for a team that lost only 4 games this year.  Plus you did so while giving a shitty Steelers a ticket to the next round.  Congrats, you are now a Bengals legend for all the wrong reasons. 

I also blame Marvin for this one.  How you get into this situation and not beat it into the head of your RB to not fumble is beyond me.  
Reply/Quote

I have to disagree with you.  Kneeling would not have done much except for make them burn their time outs and because of how little time on the play is gone, they would have had the ball with a lot of time left.

Kicking the FG would have been great, but they would have had over a minute and if you factor in the return we could have lost that game in other ways.

So running was the best play call.  However, I am disgusted that Hill felt the need to get extra yardage.  He got like 6-7 yards and if he goes down right there we burn 6 seconds, they burn a TO.  We run again, if Hill doesn't convert, then another 6 seconds and a TO.  Now we have 3rd and short, we pick up the 1st and game over, we don't they burn their final TO after about 6 seconds gone again.  Kick the FG, and hope we get it.  Now they need a TD with at least 18 ran off the clock and 0 TOs.  If we miss the FG, then they still have 0 TO and we don't lose anything.

Hill's fumble is completely inexcusable, there was 0 need to fight for the extra yardage.  Seems like out of all the players, he is the one that lost his composure the most after the hit on Gio.  He seemed to feel that he had to prove something by getting a 1st down there.  A 1st down run would have only made them burn a TO and we would have been able to run just a little bit more off the clock, would have been great, but not at all needed.  I am sick, because I am just a fan.  I am not a coach, nor a player, however I keep seeing players like Hill, not understand situational football and for them to make the money they do playing this game, they should know what to do in certain situations.  For this one, Hill needed to be more concerned with securing the football and not worried about getting a big run. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:05 AM)gobobro Wrote: You can't give the guy a pass for epically failing to do his job. The argument for taking a knee has a touch of merit, but not enough for exuding a guy from blowing it the way he did. He needed to run with both arms wrapped around that ball, and couldn't understand that...

I also think Burfict was dumb for not understanding the situation, and Jones was stupid for allowing himself to be baited like that. This loss, in my mind, is on the players.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!  Add to this the fact that Marvin retains no control over these clowns, and we have the reasons why the Bengals pulled arguably the biggest choke job in modern Playoff history.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

How dare Hue ask his RB to just protect the ball. Who would ever dare blame Hill for fumbling... yet again.

Unless it's more like "I don't blame him. It was silly to expect a turd to not be a turd." In which case maybe that could be more accurate.

He had literally one job at that point. Protect the ball and Bengals win. Loss is primarily on Hill.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We should have had Bulkhead run out the clock. I feel for Hill but he has to hold onto the ball.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:50 AM)J24 Wrote: We should have had Bulkhead run out the clock. I feel for Hill but he has to hold onto the ball.

No! could you imagine how everone would be if Burkhead was the one to fumble? The jackass should have had both hands on the ball and got a knee down. Im still in shock.
Reply/Quote
On the issue of Nugent kicking from too far back, and stats for Nuge over 50 yards, I'd like to point out that Burfict's pick was down on the 26. That's a 43-yarder from right there. Even if you work yourself up five or six yards with safe, secure carries, you force timeouts and get a field goal attempt from under 40 yards.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that's sad, in hindsight.

I mean, did anyone actually think we were going anywhere this year after this game though? Dalton would have been rusty if he had come back.

If we see anything other than Brady vs. Manning in the AFC Championship I'd be surprised. Shit is rigged...lol
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How dare Hue ask his RB to just protect the ball. Who would ever dare blame Hill for fumbling... yet again.

Unless it's more like "I don't blame him. It was silly to expect a turd to not be a turd." In which case maybe that could be more accurate.

He had literally one job at that point. Protect the ball and Bengals win. Loss is primarily on Hill.
Agreed. Hill and Pac man have cancerous attitudes and I believe both have mental issues.
Reply/Quote
Hill is the poster child for epic fail in Bengals history.

He just became our version of Ernest Byner.

Sorry that's just how he'll be remembered.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:46 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hill is the poster child for epic fail in Bengals history.

He just became our version of Ernest Byner.

Sorry that's just how he'll be remembered.

So true. Hill can not be on this team next year. Period!
Reply/Quote

We had the ball, a first down ends the game.. a Field Goal does not end the game.. I would want to end the game with the ball in my teams hands, not the other teams hands... I go for first down.. have faith in my Running Back and line.  How is that any different than you having faith in kicking a field goal.. so if we miss the field goal.. Steelers get the ball at our 35 with over a minute left with only needing a field goal to win.

I am not blaming Hill but I am also not blaming Marvin... i would have called it the same as he did
Reply/Quote

I rest full blame on whoever made the call for him to run on that play. We had the lead and we had the positioning, all we had to do was kneel three times so Pit would burn timeouts and then kick the field goal to extend the lead. After that you kickoff, they have no timeouts, and have to score a touchdown to win with only around a minute remaining. Also after he stepped up after Gio was hit, c'mon he was a different player after that.

Call was right. First down ends the game. You can't kneel and give the Steelers a chance to get a TD with 1:40 on the clock. Hill proved why he lost a lot carries. He's a liability.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:13 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: On the issue of Nugent kicking from too far back, and stats for Nuge over 50 yards, I'd like to point out that Burfict's pick was down on the 26.  That's a 43-yarder from right there.  Even if you work yourself up five or six yards with safe, secure carries, you force timeouts and get a field goal attempt from under 40 yards.

Safe and secure carries ??  That is what they did, the problem is our we fumbled.  the ran off the guard.. as safe as you want.. and got 6 yards. but we fumbled..   Here is a question for you.. say Nug is hitting 85 percent of his kicks.. I would say Hill still has over 90 percent of his touches he has not fumbled the ball, you actually have a higher percentage that Hill will not fumble than Nug making a field goal
Reply/Quote

I agree.  Hill didn't lose the game, the officials handed it to pittsburgh on a silver platter.  I am amazed how the media is portraying Cincinnati right now.

If you can't stop the opponent, the steelers will cheap shot you (Palmer, Eifert, Gio, Marvin Jones, AJ) and they say "that's football", but when someone touches a steeler with their shoulder, they whine and cry about needing the flag (and they get it), their classless dumbass coaches come on to the field and try to pick fights, and their players make death threats on social media....and it is the Bengals that are the problem.  

I was disappointed that about 10 morons threw stuff on the field, but I don't blame the Bengals for their so-called "implosion", I blame the officials for letting it get close again and once the Bengals took the lead, you knew they were in for a rectal of epic proportions....and they got it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:29 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah, that's sad, in hindsight.

I mean, did anyone actually think we were going anywhere this year after this game though? Dalton would have been rusty if he had come back.

If we see anything other than Brady vs. Manning in the AFC Championship I'd be surprised. Shit is rigged...lol

Anybody advancing but Pitt is fine w me. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:18 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anybody advancing but Pitt is fine w me. 

They won't get far.
Reply/Quote