Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Don't Blame Hill
(01-10-2016, 02:59 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: On a different note, it felt extremely awesome for those few seconds when I was absolutely sure we had the playoff win but it was fool's gold and I and my team were quickly back to being Charlie Brown  Sad

It did... Didn't it?  My 2 month old daughter was so fussy yesterday, but had fallen asleep during the game.  I was trying to be quiet but I lost it when we took the lead....  Unbelievable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:12 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Call was right. First down ends the game. You can't kneel and give the Steelers a chance to get a TD with 1:40 on the clock. Hill proved why he lost a lot carries. He's a liability.

Exactly.  You can't kneel.  You run it.  If you get a first down, you win.  If you don't, you kick the field goal to go up 4 and the stoolers have no timeouts left.
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill is not without his issues. He's a bit of a hothead at times and he needs to control the ball better. Even after the loss, I have more respect for him. Jeremy Hill stood up and took the blame. He deserves a part of it, but certainly not all of it. However, he's willing to shoulder the loss. He genuinely feels bad for his part in costing the team the game.

On the other hand, Burfict and Jones want everyone to know the refs have it out for them. They didn't do anything wrong. It's all on the refs. Talent be damned, I'd move on from both. Neither one will take personal responsibility or any accountability for their parts in causing the loss. They'll continue to *****, whine, and play the victim.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A ref played no part in Hill's fumble though.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: A ref played no part in Hill's fumble though.

Yup.  You complete the play and we aren't even discussing the events that happened afterward.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I can see your point, but really? Hill's fumble absolves Burfict and Jones? Give me a break. They ****** up too. I don't understand why so many people won't put any blame on those 2. Their actions, without question, cost the Bengals the game. Without their actions, the Bengals could've still won even with the fumble.
Reply/Quote
It was the right play call, but the players HAVE to know to put two hands on the ball and go down at contact and not fight for extra yards.

Had he gone down at contact, it brings up second and 5 and the Steelers have to use the first of their three timeouts. Repeat twice and run out their timeouts, hopefully getting the first down as well. With the first down you can take a knee to end the game.

Just taking the knee and kicking a FG takes three seconds off of the clock after their time outs and gives them the ball back trailing by less than a TD.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:02 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I can see your point, but really? Hill's fumble absolves Burfict and Jones? Give me a break. They ***** up too. I don't understand why so many people won't put any blame on those 2. Their actions, without question, cost the Bengals the game. Without their actions, the Bengals could've still won even with the fumble.

Without the fumble this conversation is moot.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 1465257_982152041866205_4535129950259633...e=56FFEECC]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:53 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It wouldn't really matter either way if Jeremy Hill had the common sense to take what they gave him, get on his knees immediately, and hold onto the goddamn ball with both arms.
Yup.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He had literally one job at that point. Protect the ball and Bengals win. Loss is primarily on Hill.

Yup. If you want to play big-boy football, be a big boy and take the heat when you screw up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It was the right play call, but the players HAVE to know to put two hands on the ball and go down at contact and not fight for extra yards.

Had he gone down at contact, it brings up second and 5 and the Steelers have to use the first of their three timeouts.  Repeat twice and run out their timeouts, hopefully getting the first down as well.  With the first down you can take a knee to end the game.

Just taking the knee and kicking a FG takes three seconds off of the clock after their time outs and gives them the ball back trailing by less than a TD.

He was sure as hell going down easy enough for the first 3 quarters. Why not at the end of the game?

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:50 AM)AmeriknGrizzly Wrote: Ok pretty sure I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but I don't blame Hill for this loss.

I rest full blame on whoever made the call for him to run on that play.  We had the lead and we had the positioning, all we had to do was kneel three times so Pit would burn timeouts and then kick the field goal to extend the lead.  After that you kickoff, they have no timeouts, and have to score a touchdown to win with only around a minute remaining.  Also after he stepped up after Gio was hit, c'mon he was a different player after that.  

I will concede that yes he should have held on to the ball but the ball should never have been put in his hands in the first place.

He had one job--hold onto the ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He did not directly lose the game. But he was the biggest contributor to the Bengals not winning it.
Reply/Quote
I blame Hill. Is it surprising he fumbled? I would have had Rex or AJ run the ball instead of hill.

Hill simply fumbles. The team needs to move on and get new blood.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:11 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: You can't blame Hue for Hill's fumble. Jeremy Hill is a bum and he's been a bum all year long. The only thing I blame Hue for is starting a mediocre 3.6 yard per carry running back with a history of ball security issues. A run up the middle is probably the best play Hue could have called in that situation. You dont take a knee unless the game is already over.

I am sure no one noticed (nor cared) that I have not been on here for many weeks. I gave up on the Bengals mid season after forty some years of heartbreak. I haven't watched any games since then, nor looked at the message board until today. Now, I have also given up on the NFL - too many selfish, rich players; too many corrupt officials and well-paid, P.O. winless coaches. I wish each of you success and happiness - Goodbye.
Reply/Quote
AP just fumbled in the Vikes game, resulting in Seahawks going ahead by 1 in the 4th. It happens. Still sucks he fumbled tho
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
And the Vikings game is proof why you don't just 'settle' for a field goal.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:59 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Oh we shoulda kneeled down in that situation 3 times for the best odds in the wet weather. But even if we did and go up by four, chances are we would have lost it some other way, like kickoff return or something lol.

or as many personal foul penalties it took to make the Steelers get in the end zone... or a phantom pass interference call
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:02 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I can see your point, but really? Hill's fumble absolves Burfict and Jones? Give me a break. They ***** up too. I don't understand why so many people won't put any blame on those 2. Their actions, without question, cost the Bengals the game. Without their actions, the Bengals could've still won even with the fumble.

I am with you on this but when the time was getting critical for the steelers I am pretty sure if Burfict farted close to a steeler he'd get a personal foul penalty
Reply/Quote