Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-15-2017, 02:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: I share this knowing full well that it won't matter...which is exactly what the article says.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/donald-trump-lies-liar-effect-brain-214658

Much more at the link that the people who need to read it won't go to....

Oh no we've been dared.  Still doesn't make the recording statement a lie.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-15-2017, 02:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh no we've been dared.  Still doesn't make the recording statement a lie.

And I didn't "dare" anyone.  So I don't know who "we" are.

Right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-15-2017, 02:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: And I didn't "dare" anyone.  So I don't know who "we" are.

Right?

No I inferred it so that makes you a liar.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-15-2017, 02:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here’s the really bad news for all of those fact-checkers and publications hoping to counter Trump’s false claims: Repetition of any kind—even to refute the statement in question—only serves to solidify it. For instance, if you say, “It is not true that there was voter fraud,” or try to refute the claim with evidence, you often perversely accomplish the opposite of what you want. Later on, when the brain goes to recall the information, the first part of the sentence often gets lost, leaving only the second. In a 2002 study, Colleen Seifert, a psychologist at the University of Michigan, found that even retracted information—that we acknowledge has been retracted—can continue to influence our judgments and decisions.

LOL that explains a lot.  I am going to stop explaining why Hillary didn't really sell 20% of US _______________ to ___________ or
give a "stand down" order at _________________.  
(06-15-2017, 03:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No I inferred it so that makes you a liar.

Cute...but playing by your rules you were wrong.  Smirk
(06-16-2017, 10:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: Cute...but playing by your rules you were wrong.  Smirk

If by my rules you mean simple fact, then you are correct.  So while I do not believe you to be a liar, you certainly must.

(06-13-2017, 07:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Option 3?

"Comey better hope there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!”

(06-14-2017, 04:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It's not an opinion.  He didn't lie. He never said he had tapes.

(06-15-2017, 12:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It's not possible for that statement to be a lie.  I'm sorry your meme was stupid.

(06-15-2017, 02:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I know which one you meant.  I don't think you understand the definition of a lie.

(06-15-2017, 02:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No he made a statement that can't possibly be a lie.  That's not an opinion.

(06-15-2017, 02:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: I share this knowing full well that it won't matter...which is exactly what the article says.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/donald-trump-lies-liar-effect-brain-214658

Much more at the link that the people who need to read it won't go to....

(06-15-2017, 02:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh no we've been dared.  Still doesn't make the recording statement a lie.

Mellow

(06-16-2017, 10:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It doesn't matter.  Some have a block.  They really do only see one side, and will give you legitimate reasons why these people said that.  

ThumbsUp
(06-16-2017, 10:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

ThumbsUp

Yes and despite all of those attempts of mine, you still have a block. The fact that you can't see that the statement can't be a lie is a little astounding.  

(06-16-2017, 10:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes and despite all of those attempts of mine, you still have a block. The fact that you can't see that the statement can't be a lie is a little astounding.  

You responded as I was editing:

Quote:This is the kind of stuff I'd expect from some of the fine folks around here...but not you.  You know exactly what Trump meant and it's one of two things: He has tapes or he want's Comey to think he has tapes.  And if he had tapes and they supported him they'd have been released now instead of name calling tweets and the usual hyperbole that he spews.

But you can's see that as a "lie" for some reason...
(06-16-2017, 11:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: You responded as I was editing:

Because it's not a lie.  If we are playing poker and I say, "You better hope I don't have the ace", what result of that hand could end up with me being a liar?  You can infer what meaning  you want, but the statement isn't a lie.  There is no statement of a fact.  

(06-16-2017, 11:07 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Because it's not a lie.  If we are playing poker and I say, "You better hope I don't have the ace", what result of that hand could end up with me being a liar?  You can infer what meaning  you want, but the statement isn't a lie.  There is no statement of a fact.  

That's a fine argument!

You are certainly having a fine day!
(06-16-2017, 11:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's a fine argument!

You are certainly having a fine day!

Thanks?

Clueless, a liar, what difference does it make?