Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think Today is the Day
Lots of dominoes have fallen and it appears Michael and Katie have met with everyone with whom they wanted to meet.

Just spitballing but I think we find out today.

And geez, there is a lot riding on this. We know, for better or for worse, we’ll have this guy for a while. Lots of folks, including me, are going to give this team up if the hire is Hue. Many others will jump ship if the hire is another in-house name like Lazor or Simmons. Joseph isn’t going to inspire hope in anyone.

On the outside, we seemingly have Bieniemy, Monken and Taylor at the top of the list (yes, I know Vance is outside, but it just doesn’t feel that way with him). I’d be thrilled with any of them. Might actually be excited and hopeful.

Could be the biggest day for us in a long time.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We can’t announce today if it’s someone still coaching in the playoffs though, right?

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We can’t announce today if it’s someone still coaching in the playoffs though, right?

Correct.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We can’t announce today if it’s someone still coaching in the playoffs though, right?

(01-09-2019, 08:47 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Correct.

Then here’s to hoping we don’t hear anything today.

Reply/Quote
Ah. Yes. Forgot about that. Unless it’s Monken, which would satisfy me.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Then here’s to hoping we don’t hear anything today.

Correct. 
Reply/Quote
At this point, no news is good news....
Reply/Quote
Yeah I’m with some of the others in that there are still some interviews they’d like to do.

I think they will at least interview The Colts DC, Eric Eberflus. I’m hearing they may have been eying him for some time now. And on this one I’m torn because I like him as a candidate and I want them to be able to interview him a as soon as possible, but I’ve also adopted the Colts as my playoff team, so I also want them to win.

Another big name that is coming up is Kris Richard. I’d say there is a decent chance both of the guys I’ve mentioned above will be available to interview after this weekends games.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:54 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Ah. Yes. Forgot about that. Unless it’s Monken, which would satisfy me.

Honestly if it’s announced today I’d be quite happy with Bienemy or Monken.

Taylor certainly wouldn’t upset me but he is down my list at this point. And Waldron is probably last on the outsiders list. Then you can just file all the inside hires under “T” for “Trash”.

Reply/Quote
I'm thinking it's a straight up inside job. But I am leaning toward hue or lazor being named "interim" coach for 2019. That way brown can kick the tires, see if seats fill up and not lose anything other than one more year. Prevents a coach wanting to totally rebuild, too.

That said, I don't think we hear anything until after the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:44 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm thinking it's a straight up inside job. But I am leaning toward hue or lazor being named "interim" coach for 2019. That way brown can kick the tires, see if seats fill up and not lose anything other than one more year. Prevents a coach wanting to totally rebuild, too.

That said, I don't think we hear anything until after the playoffs.

This has been a concern of mine.

Let's say, for instance, Lazor is the guy.

Had to wipe some puke off the keyboard; now I soldier on.

We know Mikey would like to keep Hue around in some capacity.

Obviously he also wants Joseph here; hence the 2 day interview. 

Lazor has absolutely NO leverage. Mikey could offer him the job with all sorts of terms and conditions, the two biggest being that Mike controls the staff decisions. Ergo, HC Lazor, OC Hue, DC Vance and Special Upgraded Title for Coaching Guy Darrin Simmons.

This scenario also works with Simmons, Hue and Vance, albeit in slightly different permutations. 

Reply/Quote
When Hue gets announced as HC, what time do we meet at PBS to riot? I’m just trying to plan ahead.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:53 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: When Hue gets announced as HC, what time do we meet at PBS to riot? I’m just trying to plan ahead.

Yeah let me know in advance, I’ll need to buy a plane ticket.

Reply/Quote
Seeing some speculation that the reason it's so quiet might be because the coach they want to hire is playing in a game this weekend and they are planning to wait until this person's season is over to announce anything. Hope it's true because it means one of Bieniemy, Taylor, or Waldron (anyone else I'm missing?).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:56 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah let me know in advance, I’ll need to buy a plane ticket.

Done!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Seeing some speculation that the reason it's so quiet might be because the coach they want to hire is playing in a game this weekend and they are planning to wait until this person's season is over to announce anything. Hope it's true because it means one of Bieniemy, Taylor, or Waldron (anyone else I'm missing?).

Just got a tingle in my britches reading this.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We can’t announce today if it’s someone still coaching in the playoffs though, right?

That's what I think the holdup is, plus I remember last time they had a 2nd round of interviews with Marv, Coughlin and I think Mularkey.  
Reply/Quote
I'm really starting to worry it's going to be Merv 2.0.....aka....Vance Joseph.

Oh....and Mike isn't even interviewing anymore.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/07/wild-card-weekend-eagles-bears-chargers-ravens-cowboys-seahawks-colts-texans

(you'll have to scroll down quite a ways to get to the part about the Bengals)

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:42 AM)phil413 Wrote: That's what I think the holdup is, plus I remember last time they had a 2nd round of interviews with Marv, Coughlin and I think Mularkey.  

Good thing we didn't go with Mularkey, he's still in the NFL but has had 3 HC stints with not so good stretches.
Reply/Quote
One big question is where does Marvin go? Will he coach another team? I think the Bengals have chosen a coach that is still in the playoffs so the announcement will be when that team loses or wins the Super Bowl.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote