Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Would Like To See Bengals Run 50 % Of The Time
Looks like this is a great strategy going forward. Oh what could have been, if they don’t get cute from the 2 at Baltimore!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 02:06 AM)OUatown Wrote: Looks like this is a great strategy going forward. Oh what could have been, if they don’t get cute from the 2 at Baltimore!

Game Announcer Mark Sanchez said he asked Zac Taylor this week why he hates to hand the ball off.  Zac caught a lot of grief for his Pass Every Play game plan against Cleveland, and he deserved every bit of it.   In todays game announcer Mark Sanchez remarked how much better Bengals looked Running More.  He said it must be awful to be an Offensive Lineman on a team where you have to play Red Rover all game in Pass Blocking.  He said those Big Blockers like to Fire Off now and then on Runs and Pancake somebody, instead of dancing backwards Pass Blocking all game.  Sanchez also said how the most sacked QB in the NFL in Burrow didn't get hit as much today thanks to Running The Ball MORE.  

So Yes, Running the Ball Half The Time worked.   You Mix it UP.   You do NOT go into empty backfield shotgun pass most of the game, unless you want to Lose.  

I would HOPE Bengals do more of this Going Forward as you say.  However Zac goes into these Pass Happy Moods and goes entire games of calling all Pass Plays and The O Line looks bad and Burrow gets thrown on his butt a lot and Burrow looks bad.   So Yes, I hope Zac uses his Runners GOING FORWARD.   It is Football 101, even Pee Wee level know this :  If you RUN, the Defense can not go after your QB and cover The PASS all game.  The Run sets up The Pass.  The Pass sets up The Run.  So you want a good mix of Run and Pass, about 50 / 50.   THAT is just basic Football.  

And on Announcers, the Monday Night Announcers could NOT understand why Zac Taylor refused to hand off and run against a Cleveland Defense that has been Weak against The Run lately.  

So Monday Night was AWFUL.  Sunday Afternoon was MUCH BETTER....I HOPE you are right and Zac gets it now and runs the ball more GOING FORWARD.   Stating with At Pittsburgh.   More Mixon against Pittsburgh.  If Zac calls 90 % Pass, they will go into BLITZburgh Mode and Sweep the Bengals in 2022.  To BEAT STEELERS, use both JOE Burrow and JOE Mixon.  50 % Run, 50 % Pass. That is how you WIN in the AFC NORTH. 

GO BENGALS........Get to 6-4 by Beating Steelers to stay in Play-Off Hunt. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 07:53 PM)Interceptor Wrote: One good game against a bad team and he is a god to you.

Nope, but Karma was on fire yesterday!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:21 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Nope, but Karma was on fire yesterday!

I would rather he do that against the Steelers.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote