Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I admit I was wrong and will eat my crow
(01-03-2022, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd like to know what YOU think the purpose of the Game Day thread is. Is it a place to discuss the game and support our team, or is it a place to immediately start  Cry Cry Cry and see who can be the first to say the team has no chance, and to try to make everyone who is rooting for the team so miserable no one can enjoy the thread?

I will say that for me out in here in CA the GD thread is a place to “watch” the game with other Bengals fans. I also think it’s a good place to vent and share your play to play emotions throughout the game. I post plenty of stupid, emotional- reaction crap in that thread but it’s the same thing I might say to a fellow fan if I were watching the game with him/her.

I appreciate the “downers” in that thread keeping it real but I also admire the “homers” who are able to stay positive even when the game looks bad for the Bengals. I like reading the different reactions and emotions so I don’t hold anything against anyone either way in that thread. Just fun to vent or celebrate plays with other Bengals fans - that’s what the GD thread is for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ehh it’s what 99% of people want. I’m pretty sure there are one or two around here that would rather lose than have him win so they can say I told you so.

Since this is a crow eating thread I’ll take a helping for bashing Lou. I’ve been a Zac supporter since day one and have said multiple times when few did that I still thought he would turn into a great coach for us.

I never saw this from Lou though. In fact I would have been willing to let Zac go last year just to get rid of Lou. He got a lot of FA money spent but the guys we’ve drafted and the improvement from backups/etc can’t be ignored. Even spending big money is no guarantee if the DC can’t put guys in the right spots. He’s done a hell of a job this year. From time to time they will still look lost and even helpless, but in 2021 with these rules and offenses no defense will look great every series. I’m I’ll happily eat crow for the job he’s done. Even today, wasn’t pretty but they held to 3 points after halftime and let the offense get us back in it.

https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1478080062373122049?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote