Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am absolutely HYPED over Andre Iosivas
(01-08-2024, 04:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Development wise those routes showed absolutely nothing. Free releases and running straight through coverage on clear out routes and as you mentioned because rhe ball wasn't throw his way we didn't get to see him track and catch a ball over his shoulder. Yesterday had 2 really good scouting reps for Yoshi both sideline. One was the back shoulder against man coverage and the other was the body catch that got jarred loose with the hit.

Being physical at the catch point and making catches through contact were two of Iosivas' biggest question marks coming out of Ivy League FCS. 

Fair points. I think it's safe to say we don't know on him. Hopeful though.

I think he might be more of a #3 slot WR than a #2 as his ceiling.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 04:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Development wise those routes showed absolutely nothing. Free releases and running straight through coverage on clear out routes and as you mentioned because rhe ball wasn't throw his way we didn't get to see him track and catch a ball over his shoulder. Yesterday had 2 really good scouting reps for Yoshi both sideline. One was the back shoulder against man coverage and the other was the body catch that got jarred loose with the hit.

Being physical at the catch point and making catches through contact were two of Iosivas' biggest question marks coming out of Ivy League FCS. 

For me, the big issue is Yoshi isn't a natural hands catcher and that really hurts him in contested situations.  He's more of a body catcher, and in the NFL, DB's can easily get that ball out of they're in position.  I know he bought a personal jugs machine in college, but it's still an issue.  It reminds me a lot of Cody Core.  He's got the size and speed you want, but the lack of hands is always going to mean you don't want him seeing a ton of targets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 04:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: Puka Nacua on the top of that list (5th round) set the NFL rookie single-season records for total receptions (105) and total receiving yards (1,486). Now there's a late-round gem. In fact, Iosivas is last on the list presented by Goodberry in terms of yards.

He only got a chance because Kupp was hurt. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 04:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: Puka Nacua on the top of that list (5th round) set the NFL rookie single-season records for total receptions (105) and total receiving yards (1,486). Now there's a late-round gem. In fact, Iosivas is last on the list presented by Goodberry in terms of yards.

LA had a good draft. While they were supposed to be on the downfall, one good draft have them right back in it. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The kid has alot of upside. But how many of his catches
Were versus #1 or #2 CBs ? I think he can be a solid #4
And maybe a #3 next year. I think he has more
To offer than Charlie Jones. But he is far from ready
To take Higgins spot in the offense
Reply/Quote
He did very well in his rookie campaign. I do think he needed more targets especially once Burrow went down so he could play through the initial hiccups. If you look at his snaps we did not target him near enough. He has the build and the speed just has to polish up contested catches. His interview on Bleav shows he knows exactly what he needs to work on.
Reply/Quote
Hoping Losivas continues to improve,but I think the Bengals will draft a WR in the second or third round.Higgins won’t be back.He’s going to demand more money than the Bengals are willing to pay.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 10:12 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Higgins won’t be back.He’s going to demand more money than the Bengals are willing to pay.

Word is he already has.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Get in line lol

Him being half-Romanian (as a super-proud Italian, we have a kinship with Romanians), born in Japan, an Ivy Leaguer AND being on our team, he vaulted to one fo my 3 favourite players on the team the day he was drafted.

I said to my wife that I'm not in the market for a jersey right now, but if I get one, it'll be a Iosivas one, 100%.

We do? Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: For me, the big issue is Yoshi isn't a natural hands catcher and that really hurts him in contested situations.  He's more of a body catcher, and in the NFL, DB's can easily get that ball out of they're in position.  I know he bought a personal jugs machine in college, but it's still an issue.  It reminds me a lot of Cody Core.  He's got the size and speed you want, but the lack of hands is always going to mean you don't want him seeing a ton of targets.

I see the exact opposite. I don't think his problem is letting the ball get too far into him. He just needs to work on grown man strength
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We do? Tongue

Many Italians (present company excepted) will go to extreme lengths to let us all know they are Italian. This one was a real doozy. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We do? Tongue

Well you both kinda did the same thing in WWII
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We do? Tongue

We do!

I didn't discover this until 2015/2016, when I met my Romanian friend: in Europe, the two nations and their people get along super well (especially Northern Italy, where I'm from) and have for a very long time.

Probably has something to do with them being the only Latin-speaking country in the East AND because the Eastern Roman Empire settled there after they were toppled. Their language is actually fairly-similar to ours (much more difficult than ours, of course) and immigrants from either country pick up the languages after only like a month of living there.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We do!

I didn't discover this until 2015/2016, when I met my Romanian friend: in Europe, the two nations and their people get along super well (especially Northern Italy, where I'm from) and have for a very long time.

Probably has something to do with them being the only Latin-speaking country in the East AND because the Eastern Roman Empire settled there after they were toppled. Their language is actually fairly-similar to ours (much more difficult than ours, of course) and immigrants from either country pick up the languages after only like a month of living there.

[Image: eb1ddb30-a2aa-424b-b078-da5c26864cd1_text.gif]

[Image: 541615d7-4540-4ac3-89fa-4d2913bda733_text.gif]

Tongue

My mom’s family is from Molise (formerly Abruzzo).

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 06:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: LA had a good draft. While they were supposed to be on the downfall, one good draft have them right back in it. 

And a HOF QB does not hurt
Reply/Quote
I was thrilled when we drafted Iosivas. One of my favorite picks in a long time and the exact kind of player I've wanted us to draft for a while. An athletic freak that you can take your time to develop and see if he becomes a gem. I don't necessarily see him as our future #2, but I could see him being like Chris Henry in that he'll come in as WR3 and kick one of the other guys into the slot.

Also, he exceeded my expectations this year. I was expecting him to be a game day inactive. Only getting active to play some ST snaps.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: eb1ddb30-a2aa-424b-b078-da5c26864cd1_text.gif]

[Image: 541615d7-4540-4ac3-89fa-4d2913bda733_text.gif]

Tongue

My mom’s family is from Molise (formerly Abruzzo).

Love Furio's character, but every time I see that scene I always yell at the tv, "**** you, we hate you southerners too!" And right before when he talks about how we have the money and the power, I also always yell, "and we still do!" LOL

lol I'm not too fond of the south, myself Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I see what you're doing OP, but if TEE leaves, he won't fill the void. Glad he got most of his TDs in the "pre-season" game with the Browns last week, helped him get in that stat. He looked average to me during the season.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 10:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I see what you're doing OP, but if TEE leaves, he won't fill the void. Glad he got most of his TDs in the "pre-season" game with the Browns last week, helped him get in that stat. He looked average to me during the season.

Who crapped in your Wheaties???? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:19 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The kid has alot of upside. But how many of his catches
Were versus #1 or #2 CBs ? I think he can be a solid #4
And maybe a #3 next year. I think he has more
To offer than Charlie Jones. But he is far from ready
To take Higgins spot in the offense

hyped is a strong word but absolutely looks like a great contributor in future
As others have mentioned: he needs more strength in his catches on contested passes
I dont see him as one of those guys thats going to almost always will win his battles with NFL CBs. 
As for Charlie Jones, I think he needs to bulk up in offseason..maybe add 10 to 15# 
He looks a bit frail to me out there but had a good game..Im hopeful 
Reply/Quote