Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am absolutely HYPED over Andre Iosivas
(01-10-2024, 09:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I won't hate on the guy, but I need to see more than 116 yards on 25 targets before I start pumping a guy up.

For now, he's probably just another depth WR getting too much hype. We seem to have one every year.

Trenton Irwin
Alex Erickson
Cody Core
Auden Tate
Dane Sanzenbacher
Armon Binns
Ryan Whalen
Etc etc

Irwin just had the same amount of targets, catches and TD's as Yoshi last year, and had more yards to boot. What did Irwin do this year?

DEZ BRISCOE Bytches!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DEZ BRISCOE Bytches!!

Dag nabbit. THAT'S the guy I was trying to remember.

Good job. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 04:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the difference here is that you get hyped over guys that may produce 300 to 500 yards and be a role player while I do not.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Some people are really into thinking about smaller role players and their stories.

I get hyped for more traditional reasons. Like if Yoshi went from being an afterthought to a guy with 1000 yard potential. Or if he showed some game changing ability.

He hasn't, so I don't get hyped for him. If you do, because you think he has Irwin type of potential, awesome.

Irwin had what? 316 yards this year? That doesn't excite me, personally, although I'm happy he has turned into decent depth. We have struggled with that sometimes.

Yeah, my mentality is always, "the horses know their role, so I'll just let them do their thing," so guys like Chase, Green, Chad, I don't get hyped for, as they do their job and thensome.

So for the role guys, when they do well, it excites me as I'm happy for them and they get to contribute (like Sample: was going nuts on his 2 TDs this year).

Notice in my post that I don't expect him to get 1,000 yards and such (but it he does, that would be awesome), just happy that he contributes: he was a 6th rounder, after all (as Nate pointed out).

Whenever Trenton is a FA, don't be surprised if he gets a 3-5 year deal at like 7-10 mil a year, somewhere: he has shown to be a solid contributor and if given enough snaps, I guarantee he'd be Kevin Walter-esque (600-800 yards, 5 TDs, solid possession numbers).

I also wouldn't be surprised if he got NOTHING lol, but yeah, I expect if he doesn't stick around, he gets a deal like that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dag nabbit. THAT'S the guy I was trying to remember.

Good job. LOL

He was a guy that had one surprisingly productive season and was then just gone. After he left Cincinnati he went to Tampa and had 350-ish yards and six TDs. He only caught two more passes for the rest of his career. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He was a guy that had one surprisingly productive season and was then just gone. After he left Cincinnati he went to Tampa and had 350-ish yards and six TDs. He only caught two more passes for the rest of his career. 

Josh Freeman had a crazy year that year.

Everything clicked, seemingly.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, my mentality is always, "the horses know their role, so I'll just let them do their thing," so guys like Chase, Green, Chad, I don't get hyped for, as they do their job and thensome.

So for the role guys, when they do well, it excites me as I'm happy for them and they get to contribute (like Sample: was going nuts on his 2 TDs this year).

Notice in my post that I don't expect him to get 1,000 yards and such (but it he does, that would be awesome), just happy that he contributes: he was a 6th rounder, after all (as Nate pointed out).

Whenever Trenton is a FA, don't be surprised if he gets a 3-5 year deal at like 7-10 mil a year, somewhere: he has shown to be a solid contributor and if given enough snaps, I guarantee he'd be Kevin Walter-esque (600-800 yards, 5 TDs, solid possession numbers).

I also wouldn't be surprised if he got NOTHING lol, but yeah, I expect if he doesn't stick around, he gets a deal like that.

I respect that mentality. I'm more of a traditional fan, you are passionate about the little guys and I respect that 100%.

(01-11-2024, 05:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He was a guy that had one surprisingly productive season and was then just gone. After he left Cincinnati he went to Tampa and had 350-ish yards and six TDs. He only caught two more passes for the rest of his career. 

My memory is fuzzy, but I want to say a ton of people were upset we let him go. When he posted those stats in Tampa, people went crazy and acted like we lost out on Randy Moss 2.0.

He was the OG of the hyped depth WR's. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 04:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ugh. I'll have to look at the FA class for TE's, then. I really don't keep up with everything like I used to.

Maybe we could get a TE in FA and draft a WR. Man, I really hope TE is addressed this offseason.

Last year was the deep TE Draft.

Besides Bowers there really isn't many great TE's this year. They all have questions besides Brock.

I want us to bring back Hudson and Sample, but yes, I hope we address TE as well with a Free Agent better than Irv Smith or a Draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 04:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: He had 2 TD's in scramble drill situations and 2 against the Browns backups in a glorified preseason game.  Now, I'll give him his due for carving out a role on ST's and showing some good wherewithal to improvise and get open when the play breaks down, but his game needs a lot of work before I would even think about penciling him in as a starter or even a primary backup. 

Of he needs work Every Single player on the team does. but for a late round rookie....  He show'd promise.    
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DEZ BRISCOE Bytches!!

i remember We had a guy on the team that rocked Roy Williams one year... in the 1 on 1 drill  but dont think he did too much on the field for us... (went on to dominate the arena league for a few years though)... Purify maybe
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 04:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ugh. I'll have to look at the FA class for TE's, then. I really don't keep up with everything like I used to.

Maybe we could get a TE in FA and draft a WR. Man, I really hope TE is addressed this offseason.

Dalton Schultz
Noah Fant
Hunter Henry
Gerald Everett

That's more or less the TE FA class. Anyone else decent you'd have to trade for. I'm also on team TE. I think you just come out swinging early in the tampering period and get Schultz and Henry both even if it means an extra couple million in guarantees. It's a pretty big WR draft I believe.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, my mentality is always, "the horses know their role, so I'll just let them do their thing," so guys like Chase, Green, Chad, I don't get hyped for, as they do their job and thensome.

There isn't a team in the league that is giving Irwin 3-5 years at $7-10 mil a year when he hits UFA next year.  He'll be 29 at that point and is good for 200-300 yards a season.  It's very easy to get that out of a mid-round rookie for a fraction of the price.  He will likely land somewhere on a 1 year, vet minimum deal for a team with more depth needs than draft picks, and will more than likely wind up on their PS.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i remember We had a guy on the team that rocked Roy Williams one year... in the 1 on 1 drill  but dont think he did too much on the field for us... (went on to dominate the arena league for a few years though)... Purify maybe

Yeah, Purify outta Nebraska.

My biggest memory of Purify was he was the first Bengal to wear #14 since Kenny Anderson. I didn't like it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton Schultz
Noah Fant
Hunter Henry
Gerald Everett

That's more or less the TE FA class. Anyone else decent you'd have to trade for. I'm also on team TE. I think you just come out swinging early in the tampering period and get Schultz and Henry both even if it means an extra couple million in guarantees. It's a pretty big WR draft I believe.

I mentioned in another thread, I could see Colby Parkinson being an option for the Bengals. He's young, won't cost too much and is a solid blocker. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, Purify outta Nebraska.

My biggest memory of Purify was he was the first Bengal to wear #14 since Kenny Anderson. I didn't like it. 

Going back awhile, but remember buzz around the Reggie Rembert trade at the time? Man, that went well. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 06:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I mentioned in another thread, I could see Colby Parkinson being an option for the Bengals. He's young, won't cost too much and is a solid blocker. 

As a TE1 I don't think he moves the needle for me. If he's our TE2 though, I am on board. Schultz or Fant as #1 and then Parkinson as #2. Just steal both of the Seahawks TEs potentially. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think anyone is saying that we should dump Tee and start Yoshi, just that he is showing excellent tools and is a keeper. The issue he has is coachable (focus through the whole catch process). We did good in the draft in taking 2 WR in later rounds and BOTH look like keepers.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 05:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton Schultz
Noah Fant
Hunter Henry
Gerald Everett

Fant seems like a Bengals style signing. I'd definitely be more excited for him than I was for Irv Smith.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 06:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: There isn't a team in the league that is giving Irwin 3-5 years at $7-10 mil a year when he hits UFA next year.  He'll be 29 at that point and is good for 200-300 yards a season.  It's very easy to get that out of a mid-round rookie for a fraction of the price.  He will likely land somewhere on a 1 year, vet minimum deal for a team with more depth needs than draft picks, and will more than likely wind up on their PS.
I know ThumbsUp

(01-11-2024, 05:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Whenever Trenton is a FA, don't be surprised if he gets a 3-5 year deal at like 7-10 mil a year, somewhere: he has shown to be a solid contributor and if given enough snaps, I guarantee he'd be Kevin Walter-esque (600-800 yards, 5 TDs, solid possession numbers).

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 09:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: I don't think anyone is saying that we should dump Tee and start Yoshi, just that he is showing excellent tools and is a keeper. The issue he has is coachable (focus through the whole catch process). We did good in the draft in taking 2 WR in later rounds and BOTH look like keepers.

Yep, exactly. 

Elite athleticism doesnt always convert (John Ross), but elite athleticism and the right attiude give you a much better chance. I think Yoshi has that.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 09:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: I don't think anyone is saying that we should dump Tee and start Yoshi, just that he is showing excellent tools and is a keeper. The issue he has is coachable (focus through the whole catch process). We did good in the draft in taking 2 WR in later rounds and BOTH look like keepers.

Spot on.

(01-12-2024, 01:15 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Fant seems like a Bengals style signing. I'd definitely be more excited for him than I was for Irv Smith.

I would be down with adding Fant and yes I would be much more hyped about him than Irv Smith. 

Even when Irv wasn't injured he wasn't good.

(01-12-2024, 01:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep, exactly. 

Elite athleticism doesnt always convert (John Ross), but elite athleticism and the right attiude give you a much better chance. I think Yoshi has that.

Yes, Iosivas is much stronger mentally than a guy like John Ross.
Reply/Quote