Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am all for resigning Tyler Eiffert
The kid has had the entire season to have surgery and get COMPLETELY healthy. I am all for resigning him IF the price is right. I dont think he should get tier 1 tight end money based on his injury history, but I wont forget how important he was to this offense when he was healthy.

See if he would come to terms with a reasonable offer. Im tired of watching talent on this offense walk away to free agency.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I always said if he re-signs for a team friendly deal that is fair to him and the team then go for it. But with is injury history, he does not deserve to be paid as a top TE.
Reply/Quote
I'd be all for Tyler Eifert getting a really nice contract...

Heavily dependant on how many games he plays during the season.

That said the Bengals should still look at receiving TEs in the offseason.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can we invest in healthy dependable players instead of this?

I would think that if Tyler wanted to put his body in jeopardy he'd be wise to exit this dumpster fire anyway.
Reply/Quote
Eifert will have almost zero bargaining power come time for contract negotiations except for the few previous seasons. 
I certainly don't expect the Bengals to go out of their way to empty the bank account for him nor should they. 
On one hand he's proven he can score, but only when healthy. On the other hand he's seldom healthy with multiple surgeries to his resume. 
You hate to see a great talent wash out because of injuries, but you don't win many games when your stars are in perpetual rehab..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 12:28 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd be all for Tyler Eifert getting a really nice contract...

Heavily dependant on how many games he plays during the season.

That said the Bengals should still look at receiving TEs in the offseason.

Uhmmm..his season is already nothing to write home to mother about..unless the letter starts off,  'Dear mom, surgery went well, but still hurts like hell. Can't wait to be 40 and completely dependent on pain medication..'

Sad, but very likely true. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
In the NFL there are very few really good TEs. You have Gronk, Graham, Reed, Kelce and that's just about it. I'm sure that some team will offer an unreasonable amount of guaranteed money to get him to come back when he should probably just hang them up before he screws himself up permanently.

I'm all for moving on from him. Kroft sure isn't Eifert, but he's not a liability at the position.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 12:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: Uhmmm..his season is already nothing to write home to mother about..unless the letter starts off,  'Dear mom, surgery went well, but still hurts like hell. Can't wait to be 40 and completely dependent on pain medication..'

Sad, but very likely true. 

I meant if he checks out medical and how much money he makes is heavily tied to how many games he plays....

But yea I couldn't imagine what that would be like mid 20s and sore...Hell I've only had heart burn twice in my life and both after turned 30... (I still swear I was having a heart attack.)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 12:57 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: In the NFL there are very few really good TEs. You have Gronk, Graham, Reed, Kelce and that's just about it. I'm sure that some team will offer an unreasonable amount of guaranteed money to get him to come back when he should probably just hang them up before he screws himself up permanently.

I'm all for moving on from him. Kroft sure isn't Eifert, but he's not a liability at the position.

That’s my thinking. We will offer him a reasonable contract considering his injuries, but the browns or someone will offer him a bigger check in hopes he stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
Back surgery is a pretty major thing for an NFL player. He's had multiple surgeries.

Better off moving on now.

But, you guys are all falling into the Bengals trap of signing talented players with red flags for a discount. It's different in this case as the red flag is medical...but it's major.

I just don't see him playing a lot more years. Better off moving on and finding a healthy player who is dependable.
Reply/Quote
He will sign a top tier contract for us or someone else that involves escalators for performance and/or games active. I'm fine with giving him a contract like that, but that doesn't mean the team will be. Especially when you consider there is talk of the networks not being interested in extending the Thursday night package, which could actually cause a reduction of the salary cap.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 01:06 PM)Benton Wrote: That’s my thinking. We will offer him a reasonable contract considering his injuries, but the browns or someone will offer him a bigger check in hopes he stays healthy.
Honestly, couldn't the dude just retire for one season?

Then come back without the Bengals stank on him?

At least on another team he wouldn't be asked to block more for because they have a competent O-Line.

LOL  Do I sound like I have faith in this organization to right the ship before it plows through the iceberg, sinks, a chick flick is made 65 years later...  and then they decide whether they should do anything about it?
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy to sign him if he took a minuscule deal. Problem is someone is going to overpay for his talent.

And then once he leaves the Bengals he'll magically never get injured ever again.
Reply/Quote
Did you guys miss the news he just had knee surgery too? I wouldn't re-sign him because then the team makes plans that he'll be the starter, so we don't draft or sign a good TE and we go into next season with the same TE group and the exact same thing happens. Eifert will get hurt and we'll be starting Kroft again.

The team needs to let Eifert walk because he screws up plans, not because he can't play.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 01:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Did you guys miss the news he just had knee surgery too? I wouldn't re-sign him because then the team makes plans that he'll be the starter, so we don't draft or sign a good TE and we go into next season with the same TE group and the exact same thing happens. Eifert will get hurt and we'll be starting Kroft again.

The team needs to let Eifert walk because he screws up plans, not because he can't play.

[Image: raw]
Reply/Quote
You guys are all looking at it like we'd be luck to get him if he signed for say $3 million a year...when you should be looking at it that we'd have a TE on the roster who has played in 39 out of 80 potential career games.

He's been in the NFL 5 years and been healthy enough to play in less than half of the games.

So law of averages you'll get 8 games out of him. IF we were actually a good team capable of making a playoff run, you couldn't count on him.

We're likely looking at a 2-3 year or so rebuild...now is the time to go younger.
Reply/Quote
Teams have been throwing money at men-to-bad TEs all willy-nilly recently.

Charles Clay: $7.6m/yr
Dwayne Allen: $7.35m/yr
CJ Fiedorowicz: $7.17m/yr
Martellus Bennett: $7m/yr
Jermaine Gresham: $7m/yr
Vance McDonald: $6.55m/yr
Jack Doyle: $6.3m/yr
Julius Thomas: $6.1m/yr
Dion Sims: $6m/yr

That doesn't mean I want the Bengals to re-sign Eifert. The dude can't stay healthy, and it's nice to say "make it incentive laden!" but in reality, all that does is save the owner money, not actually improve the team. Say Eifert signs a contract of essentially $500k per game played, or $8m/yr. The Bengals have to leave open $8m of cap space then.. so even if he gets hurt during Game 2 and goes on the IR... sure Mike Brown saves $7m, but that $7m isn't going to help the team because free agency is already over, so it'll either be pocketed or rolled over for eternity. Meanwhile you're stuck with your #2 and #3 TEs playing way more than you'd like.

I'd rather they just use that $8m outright to improve the team with more reliable players, and draft a TE or throw a pile of cash at Jimmy Graham.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would not mind signing him to a good deal. His value isn't going to be lower than it is now anyways.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 12:31 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Can we invest in healthy dependable players instead of this?

I would think that if Tyler wanted to put his body in jeopardy he'd be wise to exit this dumpster fire anyway.

I was going to say, if Eifert is only up for bottom-of-the-barrel contracts he's not going to sign here.  Early (and cliched) prediction:  he ends up in NE.
Reply/Quote