Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am not Giving Up on the Playoffs.
I am not doing it, You can if you want.  You will be wishing you had not.  This is going to be the year that we actually go to the playoffs and win a playoff game.  Just call me Mr. Homer, I don't care.  I am not giving up!!!  

WHO'S COMING WITH ME?

[Image: cvatM3.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mr. Dancing
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 12:54 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Mr.  Dancing

Who's Coming with Me?  You coming with me Millhouse? 
Reply/Quote
We need too many things to happen. We pretty much can't win the division anymore. We need Pit to lose out (they play the Browns still too) and we need the Ravens to lose to everyone other than the Steelers... For the wildcard we need the Broncos and the Dolphins to lose out and we need to Bills to lose to either the Browns or the Jets and we need them to beat the Dolphins.... And on top of all that we can't lose another game.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have to win out to stand a chance.
Steelers have to lose out and get Bengals, Ravens, and end with the Browns.
Ravens have to lose to Philly and Cincy, but beat the Steelers.

So we have to be rooting for the Eagles this weekend, the Ravens on Christmas Day, and the Browns on New Years Day.

[Image: 64154503.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 01:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We need too many things to happen. We pretty much can't win the division anymore. We need Pit to lose out (they play the Browns still too) and we need the Ravens to lose to everyone other than the Steelers... For the wildcard we need the Broncos and the Dolphins to lose out and we need to Bills to lose to either the Browns or the Jets and we need them to beat the Dolphins.... And on top of all that we can't lose another game.

All of which is why it would make one of the greatest NFL stories for the year. So improbable that no one could've made it up. Have a little fun with it .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen it anywhere on the internet yet, but there are two options for us to make the playoffs.

Divisional Winner or 6 seed Wild Card

Divisional Winner requires us to win out and the Steelers to lose both to the Ravens and Browns in Heinz field. Better hope we take out Roethlisberger this Sunday because I think that is the only way that happens.

Wild Card - this is where it gets interesting.
We need to win out.
Denver needs to go 0-3 (vs. NE, @KC, vs.OAK)
Miami needs to go 0-3 (@NYJ, @BUF, vs. NE)
Baltimore needs to go 1-2 (vs.PHI, @PIT, @CIN)
Tennessee needs to go 1-2 (@KC, @JAC, vs. HOU)
Indy needs to go 2-1 (@MIN, @OAK, vs. JAC)
Buffalo needs to go 2-1 (vs.CLE, vs.MIA, @NYJ)

I think while the Wild Card spot needs a lot of crazy help, it is still has a decent chance to happen, maybe a better chance than the division champ scenario. If we did win out then the other scenarios appear to be in place to happen. Denver has 3 really tough games and has been playing not so well lately. Miami's opponents are not as tough, but they lost Tannehill so that possibility is still in the air. Baltimore struggles on offense. I see them likely winning against Philly, but losing to Pitt and us. Tennesse is an interesting one. I think they lose to KC and beat Jacksonville. Home against Houston could be the deciding factor. Indy probably loses to both Minnesota and Oakland on the road. Buffalo needs beat Miami but lose to either Cleveland or NYJ. So that could be a tough one to occur in our favor.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 01:23 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: All of which is why it would make one of the greatest NFL stories for the year. So improbable that no one could've made it up. Have a little fun with it .....

Exactly!

It is not at all a crazy thought that the Bengals win out.  Since the bye, their defense is giving up 16 points per game.  Nug is gone, and Ced is riding the bench.  Plus, I think they are having fun out there.  If AJ returns this week, his mere presence will open things up for Boyd and Eifert.  

The Eagles beating the rats isn't asking too much.  The Eagles are just like the rats, enigmatic.  You never know what you are going to get.  

The Rats beating the steelers wouldn't be a surprise at all.  They match up well against piggy and bell (I rhyme all the time) and a lot will be on the line for them after losing the previous week.

The real near-impossibility is that the Browns upset the steelers.  I bet entire life savings will be bet on pittsburg, to win...not giving up the points....which is why it could happen, if you believe in that sort of thing.  RGIII will have to be injured before that game and someone else will have to play QB, though.  He's pathetically bad.  

It all starts this weekend with the Bengals beating pissburgh and the rats losing to Philly.  If that happens, it is going to get very interesting.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 01:31 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: Wild Card - this is where it gets interesting.
We need to win out.
Denver needs to go 0-3 (vs. NE, @KC, vs.OAK)
Miami needs to go 0-3 (@NYJ, @BUF, vs. NE)
Baltimore needs to go 1-2 (vs.PHI, @PIT, @CIN)
Tennessee needs to go 1-2 (@KC, @JAC, vs. HOU)
Indy needs to go 2-1 (@MIN, @OAK, vs. JAC)
Buffalo needs to go 2-1 (vs.CLE, vs.MIA, @NYJ)
One you can remove.  If Tennessee goes 2-1, or better, they unseat Houston as a division winner and it becomes Houston in the wildcard race.  Further, Tennessee would likely beat Houston too.  The Bengals would beat Houston in order to go undefeated.
The three that are unlikely, from an odds perspective:

Denver 0-3
Miami 0-3
Buffalo 1-2
Even then, Denver plays the three best teams in the AFC, two on the road.  Likely all three will need wins to finish the season, so no tanking.  Miami, just lost their QB.
Reply/Quote
You guys are getting too technical.

I think Marlon just wants you to grab a pom-pom and roll with blind motivation!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
  I'm not giving up yet either.  I'm 56 now and assuming I live another 10 years, I believe there is a 35% chance they'll make the play offs again.

Sarcasm Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 12:50 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am not doing it, You can if you want.  You will be wishing you had not.  This is going to be the year that we actually go to the playoffs and win a playoff game.  Just call me Mr. Homer, I don't care.  I am not giving up!!!  

WHO'S COMING WITH ME?

[Image: cvatM3.gif]

You had me at hello
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You had me at hello

[Image: 200_s.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 02:29 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: [Image: 200_s.gif]

Hilarious

Someone had to say it. Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 01:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You guys are getting too technical.

Grab your pom pom's your mom's whatever you got to do but roll with it..  yes!!
Reply/Quote
Geezz O Peter!!! It has been 20 Years since
[Image: 99YTEdKOKDRClsscOpJfdkbaTrQ-500x750.jpg]
Reply/Quote
if only the steelers didnt play the browns we would have a chance.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Actually stranger things have happened in football the browns will be fighting not to go 0-16 and they do have RGIII back...You never know
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 06:02 PM)Trademark Wrote: Actually stranger things have happened in football the browns will be fighting not to go 0-16 and they do have RGIII back...You never know

The Browns have had 3+ months of struggling to not go 0-16 and they've failed so far.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 01:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You guys are getting too technical.

I'm going with you Marlon... This is the year.

In all seriousness, I don't know about all of that peripheral stuff happening, but I've had the feeling the Bengals would win out following the Eagles game. Is it too little, too late? Marlon and I say no!... Who's coming with us?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote