Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I ate at Ruth's Chris last night
(01-20-2016, 12:53 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Wait... Maualuga's "acting debut"?  Rey is an actor??

He was in the movie about the pitchers from India, "Million Dollar Arm."  He spent maybe a minute or two onscreen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 12:53 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Wait... Maualuga's "acting debut"?  Rey is an actor??

http://www.fandango.com/milliondollararm_170246/movieoverview

(Maualuga is in the trailer)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 02:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://www.fandango.com/milliondollararm_170246/movieoverview

(Maualuga is in the trailer)

We actually watched that movie over Christmas break on one of the movie channels.  Had no idea he was in it.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 02:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: We actually watched that movie over Christmas break on one of the movie channels.  Had no idea he was in it.

He held contests on Twitter for fans to go special screening with him and a couple of other players. That's how I learned he was in the movie. I was wondering why he was so obsessed with the film.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Just stumbled across this thread. FWIW, not that anyone really cares, but the story at the restaurant most likely never happened. Pittsburgh, like most (all?) NFL teams the night before a game, eat as a team at the hotel. They then have a Catholic mass and then split up for meetings. Around 8:30-9:00 everyone regroups. Tomlin talks to them or he may have arranged someone else to come to speak / motivate the team. Once in a while he arranges to show a movie. Then lights out around 11-11:30.
They even go to a hotel and keep this routine for home games....which I understand is pretty common in the NFL.

Depending what time they get into town, there may be some down time in there for players to visit friends, family, etc. but it will most likely happen at the hotel.

The reason I know this stuff is that my brother was a medical trainer intern for PIT 2 years ago. (He's now on staff at Arizona State)

There's enough to hate the stoolers about without completely making stuff up, but if the waiter is a member of this board, I'm sure he got a good laugh at the 4 pages of responses.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 12:57 PM)BMK Wrote: Just stumbled across this thread. FWIW, not that anyone really cares, but the story at the restaurant most likely never happened.  Pittsburgh, like most (all?) NFL teams the night before a game, eat as a team at the hotel. They then have a Catholic mass and then split up for meetings. Around 8:30-9:00 everyone regroups. Tomlin talks to them or he may have arranged someone else to come to speak / motivate the team. Once in a while he arranges to show a movie. Then lights out around 11-11:30.  
They even go to a hotel and keep this routine for home games....which I understand is pretty common in the NFL.

Depending what time they get into town, there may be some down time in there for players to visit friends, family, etc. but it will most likely happen at the hotel.

The reason I know this stuff is that my brother was a medical trainer intern for PIT 2 years ago. (He's now on staff at Arizona State)

There's enough to hate the stoolers about without completely making stuff up, but if the waiter is a member of this board, I'm sure he got a good laugh at the 4 pages of responses.

Anything is possible. While I have questions about the initial post, I also question yours. Team rules are different the night before a night game, so going out to a nice dinner isn't unheard of. Also, while I could see some sort of non-denominational service, Catholic Mass is both specific and a little questionable. Catholics aren't big on Mass outside of their churches, and it's a fairly rigid service for non-Catholics to get behind...

Seems to me the guy with 1 post, with unusual, two year old, third party information may not be any more "in the know" than the initial poster.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 12:57 PM)BMK Wrote: Just stumbled across this thread. FWIW, not that anyone really cares, but the story at the restaurant most likely never happened.  Pittsburgh, like most (all?) NFL teams the night before a game, eat as a team at the hotel. They then have a Catholic mass and then split up for meetings. Around 8:30-9:00 everyone regroups. Tomlin talks to them or he may have arranged someone else to come to speak / motivate the team. Once in a while he arranges to show a movie. Then lights out around 11-11:30.  

I can absolutely assure you that this story happened. It was either the day before the game or a couple days before the game. Either way, the timing is irrelevant. But it did happen. It was confirmed by multiple people at the restaurant.

So, not sure what the hell your problem is. You're obviously a Steeler's fan and
1. Steeler's fans aren't allowed in Jungle Noise
2. You obviously have a bias for Pittsburgh so no wonder you're going to completely discredit the story
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Report back. Would love to know what they said to the young lady. 

Talked to my brother, who tends bar there and interacts with many of the Bengals on a regular basis, and he confirmed that it happened.  Group including Steelers players was crude to the server's assistant working that table.  My brother said they moved her from that section to put a stop to it.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 01:39 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Talked to my brother, who tends bar there and interacts with many of the Bengals on a regular basis, and he confirmed that it happened.  Group including Steelers players was crude to the server's assistant working that table.  My brother said they moved her from that section to put a stop to it.

Thanks for the confirmation. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 01:39 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Talked to my brother, who tends bar there and interacts with many of the Bengals on a regular basis, and he confirmed that it happened.  Group including Steelers players was crude to the server's assistant working that table.  My brother said they moved her from that section to put a stop to it.
Not a Steeler fan.  But since my brother was with them, maybe the routine changed.  Since he still knows people on staff there, for the hell of it, I asked him if he can verify that the whole team went out to dinner at that restaurant the night before the game instead of sticking to what was then the normal routine. He said he can find that out pretty easily when he gets around to it, and get back to me (though he thinks the whole exercise is pretty stupid).
 If I'm mistaken, I'll be the first to admit it.

Also, while I could see some sort of non-denominational service, Catholic Mass is both specific and a little questionable. Catholics aren't big on Mass outside of their churches, and it's a fairly rigid service for non-Catholics to get behind...

A Catholic priest, probably a friend of the owners, travels with the team and is in the locker room and on the sideline of every game. The mass is mostly for the Rooneys and those players that choose to attend. It's not mandatory.

Seems to me the guy with 1 post, with unusual, two year old, third party information may not be any more "in the know" than the initial poster.

I've been reading these boards for a long time,  long before it got jettisoned from the Bengal website. I'm not a 'poster' or someone that gets all caught up in that. I just enjoy reading the topics and responses. I posted to that thread only because I thought I had some insight that others may not. Lesson learned. 
Reply/Quote
Dear lord he just shared what he thought.

Who cares if he is right or wrong. Those schedules are typical for traveling and home teams. Most also allow for the down time but it's usually only a few hours. Most the of the time is scheduled. And most teams have a clergy present, most are Catholic or Baptist .... Usually with a tie to someone who is in charge.

Thanks for everyone sharing. The players should be ashamed of themselves for acting that way. And lack of discipline Tomlin has has been well documented.
Reply/Quote
All I know is it is VERY common for NFL teams to eat together at restaurants the night before the game....
Reply/Quote
Anyone else think that maybe BMK is Blake2Pickens reincarnated? Just wondering.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 12:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Anyone else think that maybe BMK is Blake2Pickens reincarnated? Just wondering.

Nah, B2P's schtick was creating threads and then calling other posters idiots. This seems much too subtle for him.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote