Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I didn't think I'd cry...
(01-16-2022, 12:40 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I left the house at 7:30 to go see Scream with my son. Turned the game on the radio as i was pulling into the parking lot and heard the last 2 defensive plays. I'm not gonna lie, i felt myself start to choke up too. I wasn't expecting that.

Trust it Rfaulk, trust it. It is our time. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Interesting reading some of the reactions from people on this board after that coveted playoff victory.Going to be even more interesting after we see Burrow and Zac show off the Lombardi trophy after winning the Super Bowl.This team can find different ways to win,depending on their competition.I think they can play up to,and above any team out there.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My heart was pounding the last five minutes of the game. When Pratt got that interception I yelled it's over. My wife the very casual fan says "what's over"

I danced while throwing hip punches in a figure 8...

The hump has been gotten over... Let's go win it now..
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:44 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Interesting reading some of the reactions from people on this board after that coveted playoff victory.Going to be even more interesting after we see Burrow and Zac show off the Lombardi trophy after winning the Super Bowl.This team can find different ways to win,depending on their competition.I think they can play up to,and above any team out there.

If we can get back at least the majority of the guys who had to leave the game today, then I absolutely agree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How was the new Scream?

It was pretty entertaining. The beginning and the ending were really good. The stuff in the middle...i had to keep reminding myself it was a slasher flick and i needed to suspend reality a lot. lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:44 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Interesting reading some of the reactions from people on this board after that coveted playoff victory.Going to be even more interesting after we see Burrow and Zac show off the Lombardi trophy after winning the Super Bowl.This team can find different ways to win,depending on their competition.I think they can play up to,and above any team out there.

This team can beat anyone. After this first win in so many years I am just happy and soaking everything in Zeke. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I didn’t cry but I held back some tears. I’m 39 and this has been haunting me for a while. Thanks to all the guys on this team and the coaching staff. This win meant a lot to me.
Reply/Quote
I was 23 the last time they won and when Pratt intercepted that last pass, I was at a sports bar and leaped to my feet yelling "31 YEARS!!! 31 YEARS!!! THIRTY . . . ONE . . . YEARRRRRS!!!"

I already had my jacket on because I was dead set positive that they were going to go for two if they scored. I walked over to the very cool 65-70 year old Raider/49er fan/Bay Area transplant, shook his hand while wishing him luck against Dallas tomorrow and walked out before Burrow took the last snap . . . I felt the tears coming and didn't want to look pathetic in public. I lost my Mom in August and if I would have watched that kneel down live, I would have not been able to hold back those tears.

I came home, popped on the game on Game Pass, boiled up some spaghetti noodles with basic store brand sauce and thought while eating "Damn this tastes so good right now".
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I knew I’d get emotional. It’s been along time coming.

My wife took a video of me and my friends, and watching it gave me chills. I imagine what I felt in that moment is what every other Cincinnatian and Bengals fans all over the globe felt.

It’s a good day to be a Bengals fan.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
In addition to the playoff win, my Wife found some cans of Skyline (I live in Michigan), so I had a bomb 3 way during the game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My heart was pounding the last five minutes of the game. When Pratt got that interception I yelled it's over. My wife the very casual fan says "what's over"

Wives... they just don't get it !   :)
Reply/Quote
Such a phenomenal win. My wife is a Seahawks fan, but she wore the Bengals jersey I bought her, 11 years ago, today. She was right there with me today. She knows the frustration and when Pratt came down with that INT, she screamed and pumped her arms just as much as I did.

I'm just so thrilled that we finally have the playoff monkey off our back. Now it's time to get the Super Bowl. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I didn’t cry, but I yelled so loud that I woke my two month old son up, and scared my 9month old niece.

So, you just made everyone else cry. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: But when Pratt came down with that football, it just came out.

30 years of pain. 30 years of guys like Gus Frerotte and (bless him) Jon Kitna. Ki-Jana. Reinard. My dude Jeff Blake.

0-7 with Marv. Seeing good cores like Palmer/Chad/Housh etc and Dalton/Green/Eifert etc go to waste.

I literally looked at my smiling Wife like a child and kept saying "they won a playoff game". It's finally over, fellas. Congrats!

Who Dey

Feels so amazing! My heart was racing so fast near the end of the game.

This is the first post-season win for the Bengals in my lifetime, as I'll be turning 30 next month this is the best early b-day/late xmas gift the bengals could have given me!!! 

Who Dey Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Sorry if I did not cry. I was happy very happy. But I have been through Bengal playoff wins...

[Image: 2b946dc9fdba23f91589e9cafa8bbd94.jpg][Image: 27656d_med.jpeg]
I need a NFL Championship Belt ...

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It was so fun sharing the moment with my son. It's surreal. The last time the Bengals won a playoff game I was basically the age my son is now. That's now over!

Same here bro!!!    I was 15 and my son is just about to turn 14.

What a great win!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In addition to the playoff win, my Wife found some cans of Skyline (I live in Michigan), so I had a bomb 3 way during the game.

We made some Skyline dip for game with cream cheese, onion, cheddar cheese, and Skyline of course. 

Had to have something Cincinnati-ish while watching in KY. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: We made some Skyline dip for game with cream cheese, onion, cheddar cheese, and Skyline of course. 

My wife made it last night, too. Skyline dip and a playoff win, doesn’t get much better than that.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My wife made it last night, too. Skyline dip and a playoff win, doesn’t get much better than that.

Agree completely 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: We made some Skyline dip for game with cream cheese, onion, cheddar cheese, and Skyline of course. 

What is Skyline?
Reply/Quote