Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I didn't think I'd cry...
Finally, the playoff win drought is over and we can move past discussing it. I'm still stunned since I haven't seen this happen since the freaking '90s! Now it's time for more playoff wins and a Super Bowl victory.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e0fe511cad2b498056...y.gif&ct=g]

Burrow and this team have arrived!

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
| promised myself i wasn't going to post again until we won a playoff game. I'm BAAAACKKK. Was 19 the last time we won a playoff game just turned 50 earlier this month. WhoDey everybody! Maybe I should leave again until we win the SuperBowl?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm 30 years old. My dad passed away this past year after having season tickets for almost 20 years. Bitter sweet, couldn't be more stoked about the win, but really stinks not being able to celebrate with people you've gone through so many ups and downs with.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat and imagine there's a lot of emotional Bengals fan today.

Prayers to you and your family. My dad died last January but I'm much older than you and I suspect my dad was older than your dad. So your pain is probably heavier than mine. My dad wasn't a Bengal fan. In fact he didn't really pull for any teams. But that doesn't mean I don't miss him. As I'm sure you miss your dad. Who Dey. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Its weird but its true. As a fan base we've been building all our energy up for 1 win. That's not how good teams operate. 

We are finally operating at the level everyone else operates at. 1 win isnt shit. You need 4 for a ring

Nah, I’m gonna enjoy the **** outta this one. Idc about other fanbases or that’s it’s only “one game.”

They just did something they haven’t done since I was 8 years old. I’m on cloud 9.

Reply/Quote
I tried to remain very calm all week. Team is upper level talented. Raiders going through so much. Seemed like a for sure win, but I had been here before. I stayed positive the whole time and just hope. It's almost unbelievable.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: But when Pratt came down with that football, it just came out.

30 years of pain. 30 years of guys like Gus Frerotte and (bless him) Jon Kitna. Ki-Jana. Reinard. My dude Jeff Blake.

0-7 with Marv. Seeing good cores like Palmer/Chad/Housh etc and Dalton/Green/Eifert etc go to waste.

I literally looked at my smiling Wife like a child and kept saying "they won a playoff game". It's finally over, fellas. Congrats!

Who Dey

I couldn't stop hugging my son lol
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Its weird but its true. As a fan base we've been building all our energy up for 1 win. That's not how good teams operate. 

We are finally operating at the level everyone else operates at. 1 win isnt shit. You need 4 for a ring

Can't win a Superbowl without that 1st playoff win, something this team has failed to do for 30 years. I won't feel the same about future playoff wins but this was an egg that needed to be broken.
Reply/Quote
I also say as the fans, let's embrace this win and enjoy the night and week! Let the coaches and players keep the focus as they create their history. They weren't part of the long suffering that many of us fans have dealt with so tonight, we get to forget about the past 30 years and start a new chapter with this current team.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:04 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Can't win a Superbowl without that 1st playoff win, something this team has failed to do for 30 years. I won't feel the same about future playoff wins but this was an egg that needed to be broken.

Yep. No matter what happens next week we got the 2 ton monkey off our back. No more “texting” memes or being dunked on by literally every other fan base.

Enjoy it. We’re not players or coaches. We don’t have to avoid getting too high or have to immediately start focusing on the next round.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've literally never witnessed a playoff win and I've been a fan for nearly 30 years.

Throw in that I have covid, an ongoing heart issue and my uncle and 2 family friends died this week, and that may have played into it as well. Felt good.

I'll pray for you and your family. I can't imagine going through what you are going through.
Reply/Quote
Btw maybe not record-wise but I think we beat a better team than Cleveland did in the playoffs last year. Ben could barely throw the ball in that game.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: But when Pratt came down with that football, it just came out.

30 years of pain. 30 years of guys like Gus Frerotte and (bless him) Jon Kitna. Ki-Jana. Reinard. My dude Jeff Blake.

0-7 with Marv. Seeing good cores like Palmer/Chad/Housh etc and Dalton/Green/Eifert etc go to waste.

I literally looked at my smiling Wife like a child and kept saying "they won a playoff game". It's finally over, fellas. Congrats!

Who Dey

I screamed....then I cried like a baby.  31 years of utter frustration just released at once
Reply/Quote
I'm 33 and I teared up. I can't imagine those who have actual memories of the Bengals being relevant.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm 30 years old. My dad passed away this past year after having season tickets for almost 20 years. Bitter sweet, couldn't be more stoked about the win, but really stinks not being able to celebrate with people you've gone through so many ups and downs with.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat and imagine there's a lot of emotional Bengals fan today.

I understand where you are coming from. I wish my dad was still alive to see this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm gonna put on some Slaughter and party like it's 1990.

So you're gonna be...

[Image: th?id=OIP.O5HTX3rZ1wR9h3BxDXwYdQHaJ4&pid...=137&h=182]

Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:01 PM)Tony Wrote: I couldn't stop hugging my son lol

My brother for whatever reason is a Raiders fan. And after I bought him all that Jacksonville gear since he’s a clemson fan and Lawrence went there lol
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:24 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I literally feel like I left everything out there on the field.  That last minute caused me to have to piss in a wastebasket, couldn't hold it, and I wasn't moving.  I'll never forget, ever, that when Pratt caught that ball, I was a peein'.

(01-15-2022, 10:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote:
Hey I have an extra urine bottle here if you need it for next week?

[Image: th?id=OIP.rH6pKqaH3W2yqpSaY401SQAAAA&pid...=344&h=150]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:10 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I'll pray for you and your family. I can't imagine going through what you are going through.

Appreciate you. Just have to keep on keeping on.

I trust in God, and believe things will get better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So you're gonna be...

[Image: th?id=OIP.O5HTX3rZ1wR9h3BxDXwYdQHaJ4&pid...=137&h=182]

Cool

At least up til 11.
Reply/Quote

Who Dey

Yes sir, was with my Mom and Dad watching this game as well. Life is good now even with the shit going on. Smirk
Reply/Quote