Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I didn't think I'd cry...
I admit my right eye got a little wet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: But when Pratt came down with that football, it just came out.

30 years of pain. 30 years of guys like Gus Frerotte and (bless him) Jon Kitna. Ki-Jana. Reinard. My dude Jeff Blake.

0-7 with Marv. Seeing good cores like Palmer/Chad/Housh etc and Dalton/Green/Eifert etc go to waste.

I literally looked at my smiling Wife like a child and kept saying "they won a playoff game". It's finally over, fellas. Congrats!

Who Dey

I screamed, "F*** YEAH!"

And then I continued to drink my victory beverage.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:24 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I literally feel like I left everything out there on the field. That last minute caused me to have to piss in a wastebasket, couldn't hold it, and I wasn't moving. I'll never forget, ever, that when Pratt caught that ball, I was a peein'.

I hope it wasn’t a mesh can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My heart was pounding the last five minutes of the game. When Pratt got that interception I yelled it's over. My wife the very casual fan says "what's over"

LOL
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I'm gonna put on some Slaughter and party like it's 1990.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm 30 years old. My dad passed away this past year after having season tickets for almost 20 years. Bitter sweet, couldn't be more stoked about the win, but really stinks not being able to celebrate with people you've gone through so many ups and downs with.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat and imagine there's a lot of emotional Bengals fan today.

This actually teared me up more than the win.  I know that has to suck.  Your dad would be happy for you I'm sure.  Enjoy it in his memory.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn’t cry, but we’ve made the playoffs in most of the seasons I’ve watched since ‘05. I think if I had lived through the 15 years before that I would cry. I’ve seen a Bengals franchise always on the cusp. Kind of like Georgia except they won big games just never THE game. God if Cincinnati could win the super bowl the same year my college team finally broke through and won a national title.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope it wasn’t a mesh can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You like that kinda stuff don't you Sunkist?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I can only feel a cry coming if we make superbowl

I just cant get too hype over 1 win.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I guess I will only cry after the superbowl, burrow has 2 more cigars to smoke
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I didn’t cry or celebrate. All I want to know is who’s next.

Must suck to not be able to enjoy things in the moment. Plenty of time to look forward.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm 30 years old. My dad passed away this past year after having season tickets for almost 20 years. Bitter sweet, couldn't be more stoked about the win, but really stinks not being able to celebrate with people you've gone through so many ups and downs with.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat and imagine there's a lot of emotional Bengals fan today.

I’m sorry for your loss.

My great uncle who’s in his late 80’s is the one who made me a Georgia fan by giving my dad and me a ton of tickets to games over the past 18 years. This is very likely his last season as he has bad cancer as well as increasingly worse dementia. It was amazing to see them win a Championship before he’s gone. He’s a big time booster/walk on scholarship offerer after his son went to college there. I don’t even think he was around the program or a fan at all for the 1980 season, so this was his first taste.

On a side note my dad had a stroke a few years ago and is getting up there in age so I never know when his last season will be, but it was nice to celebrate one with himz
Reply/Quote
I didn’t cry, but I yelled so loud that I woke my two month old son up, and scared my 9month old niece.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I didn’t cry, but I yelled so loud that I woke my two month old son up, and scared my 9month old niece.

Sounds like me when Kyrie hit the shot. My nephew slept right through it even though my sister said to shut up. Even if he woke up he would have seen history there anyway. There was a lot of honking on the highway at midnight that day lol
Reply/Quote
It seems silly to get emotional over a playoff win. I mean teams win them all the time. The F-ing Browns won one last year. But if they had lost this game I may have just curled up into a fetal position and died. Six years ago (my God that went by quickly) I remember going upstairs from my man cave and screaming to my wife that the F-ing Bengals gave a playoff game to the F-ing Steelers. Getting that monkey off our back is such a relief that I don't even care what happens next week (although a win would be awesome). God Bless Joe Burrow and his team. Yes it's his team. He's the leader and I believe we will have many more playoff wins (Super Bowls) under him. WHO F-ing DEY.
Reply/Quote

You're not. After the year I had in 2021, and being a fan since the 80s, tonight's win for me was pretty emotional on Pratts interception.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Burrow's on the field interview post game was kind of funny, just straight faced "we expected to win, offense couldn't close it out, we only smoke cigars after championships." lol
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Must suck to not be able to enjoy things in the moment. Plenty of time to look forward.

Its weird but its true. As a fan base we've been building all our energy up for 1 win. That's not how good teams operate. 

We are finally operating at the level everyone else operates at. 1 win isnt shit. You need 4 for a ring
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Its weird but its true. As a fan base we've been building all our energy up for 1 win. That's not how good teams operate. 

We are finally operating at the level everyone else operates at. 1 win isnt shit. You need 4 for a ring

But we're fans, they can cry if they want to. Burrow wasn't 100% happy with that win, and they're players, they think more like you and I might lol. I'm thinking they won't cry again after "just a playoff win" in the future lol.

Those players are too young to know about the bengals history just the present and future. They didn't play with Dalton, AJ and Marvin, or Palmer and Chad.

A lot of us know about our older fans in the family that don't have a ton of years left, so I'm thinking I'll shed some tears after a burrow superbowl. Really we don't know when any of us will die so there's something to say to be happy after a playoff win, who cares if they cry after every playoff win or even just regular season win. I'm not going to judge them like they judge us constantly lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:50 PM)BengalRed Wrote: It seems silly to get emotional over a playoff win. I mean teams win them all the time. The F-ing Browns won one last year. But if they had lost this game I may have just curled up into a fetal position and died. Six years ago (my God that went by quickly) I remember going upstairs from my man cave and screaming to my wife that the F-ing Bengals gave a playoff game to the F-ing Steelers. Getting that monkey off our back is such a relief that I don't even care what happens next week (although a win would be awesome). God Bless Joe Burrow and his team. Yes it's his team. He's the leader and I believe we will have many more playoff wins (Super Bowls) under him. WHO F-ing DEY.

I've literally never witnessed a playoff win and I've been a fan for nearly 30 years.

Throw in that I have covid, an ongoing heart issue and my uncle and 2 family friends died this week, and that may have played into it as well. Felt good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote