Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(02-01-2019, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why did you say this?

I'm fine if it makes him better or it makes him worse. I'd prefer to trade him but if we keep him then either way the bengals come out ahead. 

Not every time when you execute a strategic move does it produce the results you desire, if it doesn't then you can see that the outcome would still make the Bengals come out ahead.  We'd have an easy decision to trade or cut Dalton and go with a first round qb. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 07:01 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote:  why did almost everyone think we pulled off a heist when we traded a disgruntled Palmer, who had a previous serious injury and was on the wrong side of 30. 

Because they were wrong about how good Palmer was.  Just like you are now about Dalton.

They were stupid enough to believe that it was impossible for Palmer to win a postseason game because he had not won one at that time.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If they could win with Dalton then why would they waste a draft pick on another QB?

well you can always develop a back up and if no need to replacement the starter trade the backup away...  and start over at backup.
Reply/Quote
Who knows what the new coaches will want to do in the draft. If they take a QB in the first round they may miss on a LB or OL player who would help us now. I believe that the teams offense is shy a couple of lineman. Defensively we need multiple positions addressed. Their is a chance with new coaches and scheme plus the fact that we are in one of the weakest divisions we have a chance to win now instead of tossing it in with a complete overhaul.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because they were wrong about how good Palmer was.  Just like you are now about Dalton.

They were stupid enough to believe that it was impossible for Palmer to win a postseason game because he had not won one at that time.

Nobody believed that Palmer wasn't good enough to win a playoff game. 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 01:12 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Nobody believed that Palmer wasn't good enough to win a playoff game. 

Obviously you were not around this crowd after the Jets playoff game.
Reply/Quote
And the circle just keeps on turning, and turning, and turning....

I think we need to get the new HC announced and give them a chance to speak as the Head Coach. That will give a better feel for what their plan is. If it is indeed Zac Taylor and given his background I have to think the priority is going to be fixing the Offensive Line. When the line is good everything works good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because they were wrong about how good Palmer was.  Just like you are now about Dalton.

Palmer sucked ass. Ask Raider fans how good he was. He won a playoff game when Arizona was the most talented team in the league. Too bad the shitty Palmer came back and threw 5 or 6 picks against the Panthers in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Just a reminder to everyone to keep their postings related to the topic of the thread, and to please refrain from drifting into personal bickering and/or drawing attention to administrative actions by the Staff.

Quote:In addition. these actions can lead to a suspension, and depending on severity and frequency, can result in a permanent ban:

Creating any account(s) other than your original one.
Publicly calling out staff members or moderation / disciplinary actions.
Attempting to bypass the language filter by adding letters, spaces or characters.
Spamming with unapproved advertising, commercial solicitation or link repetition.
Trolling with posts / threads that are purposely intended to provoke reactions and instigate arguments.
Starting a thread in order to call out, make fun of or start a fight with another member of the board.
Bumping an old thread(s) for the specific purpose of demonstrating that a member/opinion was wrong.
Purposely and/or repeatedly posting off-topic messages or content that impedes, derails or hijacks a thread.
Any use of hateful language containing slurs or bigotry towards race, gender or sexual preference.
Messages of any kind that are intended to insult, belittle, harass, embarrass or threaten another member.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2019, 01:12 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Nobody believed that Palmer wasn't good enough to win a playoff game. 

Glad he finally got his one playoff win
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 11:19 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Palmer sucked ass.  Ask Raider fans how good he was. He won a playoff game when Arizona was the most talented team in the league.  Too bad the shitty Palmer came back and threw 5 or 6 picks against the Panthers in the playoffs.

.....and yet, when he went down with injury, they plummeted in the win column. Hmm 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2019, 11:19 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Palmer sucked ass.  Ask Raider fans how good he was. He won a playoff game when Arizona was the most talented team in the league.  Too bad the shitty Palmer came back and threw 5 or 6 picks against the Panthers in the playoffs.

Reasonable Raiders fans would admit that Palmer won 4 games with Hue Jackson as HC, which is like....8 years worth of Hue Jackson wins.  
Reply/Quote
I think that Dalton would fit in nicely with a Rams style offense. I also think Green, Boyd, and Mixon will.

The Rams offense sends a guy in motion a lot and I could see that being a good use for John Ross.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that Dalton would fit in nicely with a Rams style offense. I also think Green, Boyd, and Mixon will.

The Rams offense sends a guy in motion a lot and I could see that being a good use for John Ross.

Agreed.  I also think frequent motion with the jet sweep fake will help with the OL. The backside DE/OLB will have to stay home on running plays, allowing for more OL blocking at the point of attack.  You are basically trading a skills position for a bigger DE/OLB.

Ross could also have a breakout year letting him get onto the field more, get more touches, flash some speed, (not have to catch), etc...
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that Dalton would fit in nicely with a Rams style offense. I also think Green, Boyd, and Mixon will.

Zac Taylor agrees.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 08:59 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Who knows what the new coaches will want to do in the draft. If they take a QB in the first round they may miss on a LB or OL player who would help us now. I believe that the teams offense is shy a couple of lineman. Defensively we need multiple positions addressed. Their is a chance with new coaches and scheme plus the fact that we are in one of the weakest divisions we have a chance to win now instead of tossing it in with a complete overhaul.

To those of you who know me,I have been associated with our Bengals for 48 years.I am a retired vet and I love my team.I have been saying all 48 years It all starts with your lines.Without a top O-line,the best,and a top D-line,you go NOWHERE BUT OUT OF CONTENTION real fast.Look how bad this line was !!!!! I so hope this new staff looks and knows to address these key positions first.Look how Tom Brady was able to stand back there and throw the rock ?? The hoodie knows the lines are the most important part of any team. And I have been sayin this for 48 years.I know football,believe this. Now lets get behind this guy and fill up our stadium every game.I am pumped and stoked for us. I believe barring key injuries,we will contend for deep in playoffs by 2020.
Reply/Quote
Well there’s 2 tackles that are highly rated now Jonas Williams and Taylor . LB White should be there as well
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Zac Taylor agrees.

Based on his presser, he most certainly does.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Based on his presser, he most certainly does.

For anyone interested, Taylor talks about Dalton at the 25:25 mark here:

https://www.bengals.com/video/zac-taylor-introduced-as-bengals-head-coach

Seemed like a really strong endorsement, but we'll see. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For anyone interested, Taylor talks about Dalton at the 25:25 mark here:

https://www.bengals.com/video/zac-taylor-introduced-as-bengals-head-coach

Seemed like a really strong endorsement, but we'll see. 

no surprise.. Andy is thought of highly around the league.. and he has watched him since TCU days.. should be a good mesh
Reply/Quote