Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope our Fanbase doesn't change because of this...
(01-31-2022, 03:37 PM)Bigcatfan Wrote: I think Bengals fans will always stick to this team, win or lose. Its what makes a fan a diehard. Yes this team has had many disappointing seasons, more than i can count. But a new regime is in control now, and it appears this new collection of players wants to be on top like other teams in the recent past. This team has the right formula to be division champs, and playoff winners in the years to come. I include myself as a fan who hated seeing this team be bottom dwellers in the division year after year and so on. But there is a different ora about this team, and they are becoming winners game by game, season by season. GO BENGALS.

Great times. We might even win it all this season and the future is as bright as can be.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to remain humble to everyone excluding Steelers fans. They can GFT.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 10:10 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It happens to a lot of successful teams. The bandwagon is strong. There are already plenty of Bengals fans who have believed that the NFL was rigging games to keep the Bengals out of the spotlight because they are a small market team, believing the refs are out to get Cincinnati etc. so as the fan base grows larger, that vocal area of the team will only get louder.

The bandwagon IS strong. OMG the amount of cringe I have when I go through insta stories and see people who've never rooted for the Bengals, who are not from anywhere near Cincinnati is ridiculous. 

But if they stick around, then I'll welcome them with open arms.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 10:05 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Whether we win the Super Bowl or not, and whether we turn this team into a dynasty or not, I REALLY hope our fan base doesn't turn into the Chiefs fan base.

Reading the NFL subreddit game thread and then reading the comments from Chiefs fans on twitter, and then reading their own subreddit after the game, those fans are absolutely terrible. I imagine a fair number of them are bandwagon fans, but the Chiefs are not some historically relevant franchise. How they have turned so toxic so quickly is horrifying. And that's not even getting into the media stans (Nick Wright is the worst one).

Nothing is the Chiefs' fault. They are the victims of everything. The refs are out to get them. The Bengals didn't deserve to face them. etc.

I really hope this team and this fanbase remain likable and humble even in the face of success.

I don't want us to be the NFL's villain in 3 or 4 years like the Chiefs have become. I want us to always be the hero of the story. And I think Burrow will remain who he is. I'm just a little nervous about the fan base haha.

Subreddit and Twitter are basically the same as GameDay threads. I hope people don't judge a fan base based on GameDay threads. 
Reply/Quote