Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope our Fanbase doesn't change because of this...
(01-31-2022, 10:05 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Whether we win the Super Bowl or not, and whether we turn this team into a dynasty or not, I REALLY hope our fan base doesn't turn into the Chiefs fan base.

Reading the NFL subreddit game thread and then reading the comments from Chiefs fans on twitter, and then reading their own subreddit after the game, those fans are absolutely terrible. I imagine a fair number of them are bandwagon fans, but the Chiefs are not some historically relevant franchise. How they have turned so toxic so quickly is horrifying. And that's not even getting into the media stans (Nick Wright is the worst one).

Nothing is the Chiefs' fault. They are the victims of everything. The refs are out to get them. The Bengals didn't deserve to face them. etc.

I really hope this team and this fanbase remain likable and humble even in the face of success.

I don't want us to be the NFL's villain in 3 or 4 years like the Chiefs have become. I want us to always be the hero of the story. And I think Burrow will remain who he is. I'm just a little nervous about the fan base haha.

Lets have some Long Term Success then we can determine if we have shifted.....  lol....     

Most other teams fanbases arent horrible  its just hard to watch someone else be that excited for their team when yours is horrible.

If we have long term success people will hate us just for being happy about it  So just be happy about it lol
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 10:52 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Where's Denny?

lol...I saw him post on twitter last night at former Bengals beat writer Joe Reedy who now works for AP and covers the Rams.

After the week 17 win against KC, someone tweeted something frankly obnoxious and Kay Adams was copied on it.  She jumped down his throat. telling him he was obnoxious and to not become "one of them"  One of the things she likes about our fanbase is the attitude.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:30 PM)pally Wrote: lol...I saw him post on twitter last night at former Bengals beat writer Joe Reedy who now works for AP and covers the Rams.

After the week 17 win against KC, someone tweeted something frankly obnoxious and Kay Adams was copied on it.  She jumped down his throat. telling him he was obnoxious and to not become "one of them"  One of the things she likes about our fanbase is the attitude.

Is Denny still employed with the organization? He was so upbeat but no one would drink the Kool aid because every week seemed to be a letdown.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:40 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Is Denny still employed with the organization? He was so upbeat but no one would drink the Kool aid because every week seemed to be a letdown.

I don't know

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lets have some Long Term Success then we can determine if we have shifted.....  lol....     

Most other teams fanbases arent horrible  its just hard to watch someone else be that excited for their team when yours is horrible.

If we have long term success people will hate us just for being happy about it  So just be happy about it lol

This.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less. -Paul Brown
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Change? We're a dynasty in the making bro. Joey B is about to make people say "Brady who?". Get on board the train or get lost, chumps. Go root for one of the loser franchises.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It starts from the "top" as they didn't even allow the post game ceremony to be played on the speakers for those Bengal fans that waited around for it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with being an insufferable conspiracy theorist about game fixing and even finer about us being the beneficiary of game fixing..  As I see it we've been on the short end of the fix for years and years..It's our turn to reap the benefits.. If I could have chipped in to buy a ref I would have.. LOL  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 11:21 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ...I saw a tweet, that has since been deleted, from a KC local news source that read "We were never supposed to be here. They counted us out. They put us down. But this team battled back. We did it once and we'll do it again. Thank you for an incredible ride this year."

...They were never supposed to be here? They were the super bowl favorites in the pre-season! Ranked in the top 10 in the power rankings by many outlets even when they were 3-4. EVERYONE knew they were going to get right and make the playoffs and, probably, win the Super Bowl even when they were struggling. Literally, no one counted them out. No one put them down.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-REALLY-KC-REALLY-c-mon-now

[Image: bA8vil1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The mistake here is equating social media posts with the fanbase.

Not the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 10:05 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Whether we win the Super Bowl or not, and whether we turn this team into a dynasty or not, I REALLY hope our fan base doesn't turn into the Chiefs fan base.

Reading the NFL subreddit game thread and then reading the comments from Chiefs fans on twitter, and then reading their own subreddit after the game, those fans are absolutely terrible. I imagine a fair number of them are bandwagon fans, but the Chiefs are not some historically relevant franchise. How they have turned so toxic so quickly is horrifying. And that's not even getting into the media stans (Nick Wright is the worst one).

Nothing is the Chiefs' fault. They are the victims of everything. The refs are out to get them. The Bengals didn't deserve to face them. etc.

I really hope this team and this fanbase remain likable and humble even in the face of success.

I don't want us to be the NFL's villain in 3 or 4 years like the Chiefs have become. I want us to always be the hero of the story. And I think Burrow will remain who he is. I'm just a little nervous about the fan base haha.
When the Chiefs fans say that the Bengals didn't deserve to face them, remind them that in one of their very few SB years, SB IV, when they beat the Vikings, they were only in the AFL playoffs at all because of a weird interim setup that existed for only that year because the merger with the NFL was imminent. Under that setup, second-pace teams in each of the AFL's two divisions were allowed into the playoffs, in a sort of precursor to the wildcard system. The kicker—the Chiefs had been beaten by the division champion Raiders twice during the regular season. The Chiefs wouldn't have made the playoffs, except for that weird one-year playoff scheme.

Just as Tony Romo was rooting for the Chiefs yesterday, Al DeRogatis, an NBC announcer, always rooted for the Chiefs, especially against the Raiders, and he didn't even try to disguise it during that playoff game against the Raiders. I've never understood why announcers like the Chiefs so much, but I think some of it has to do with them being a founding AFL franchise, as the Houston Texans, and love for Lamar Hunt, and for their coach, Hank Stram, who was an intolerable whiner. 
Reply/Quote

Pretty wild cause I like the Chiefs team. I like Andy Reid a lot, one of my favorite coaches.

We will stay classy, we can handle success. Watch how those Chiefs fans react when they are a losing franchise on down the 
road cause they only have Mahomes. Newsflash, you cannot win with just one player. They will have to pay someone else.

I hate regulation but there needs to be a cap on how much a QB makes. There will be holes in that Chiefs roster for years to
come. They cannot pay all their great players now that they gave the biggest contract in history to the QB. This is the best 
roster the Chiefs may ever have and they lost to us lowly Bengals who didn't deserve to face them lol
Reply/Quote
Bengals tweet, I approve.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bengals tweet, I approve.

Yeah, Patrick is a good dude and a great QB. There will be lots of great games between Joe and Patrick for years to come.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty wild cause I like the Chiefs team. I like Andy Reid a lot, one of my favorite coaches.

We will stay classy, we can handle success. Watch how those Chiefs fans react when they are a losing franchise on down the 
road cause they only have Mahomes. Newsflash, you cannot win with just one player. They will have to pay someone else.

I hate regulation but there needs to be a cap on how much a QB makes. There will be holes in that Chiefs roster for years to
come. They cannot pay all their great players now that they gave the biggest contract in history to the QB. This is the best 
roster the Chiefs may ever have and they lost to us lowly Bengals who didn't deserve to face them lol

That's true—see the holes in the Green Bay roster because of Rodgers' contract. QBs need to negotiate in good faith with an eye toward winning. And all contracts need to be loaded with incentives instead of base pay, including incentives for WINS. And QB contracts should be negotiated with wins making up a big part of their total compensation.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:56 PM)Riverfront was better Wrote: That's true—see the holes in the Green Bay roster because of Rodgers' contract. QBs need to negotiate in good faith with an eye toward winning. And all contracts need to be loaded with incentives instead of base pay, including incentives for WINS. And QB contracts should be negotiated with wins making up a big part of their total compensation.

That is more of the way to go about it.

I think it is pretty glaring in what might ruin this game and it is QB pay.
Reply/Quote
I don’t know about you guys, but I had to call out sick because my head grew so big overnight it wouldn’t fit through the doorway.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:40 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Is Denny still employed with the organization? He was so upbeat but no one would drink the Kool aid because every week seemed to be a letdown.

FWIW, other than Bengals Moderator, none of the moderators on the original boards were actually employed by the team. Just volunteers that did get some perks every now & then. That ended in 2015. He definitely played that homer role to excess. I know it rubbed some the wrong way, but I always admired the positive fans. I've felt that was just a healthier lifestyle in general as opposed to my own realist approach that swayed between jaded angst & cautious optimism.

As for the fan base as a whole, I've long said that there is little difference among fan bases. It's their experiences that differentiate them. We are finally getting to experience so many others have in recent years. That will only magnify existing personalities. There will be some insufferable fools, but I've seen enough from Bengals fans over the years and especially this year to convince me that a large percentage are just genuinely great people. We just need to focus on them.
Reply/Quote
I don’t remember patriots fans being this obnoxious. Chiefs fans are almost on par with Steelers fans as the most annoying fan base. And they aren’t even a dynasty
Reply/Quote
I think Bengals fans will always stick to this team, win or lose. Its what makes a fan a diehard. Yes this team has had many disappointing seasons, more than i can count. But a new regime is in control now, and it appears this new collection of players wants to be on top like other teams in the recent past. This team has the right formula to be division champs, and playoff winners in the years to come. I include myself as a fan who hated seeing this team be bottom dwellers in the division year after year and so on. But there is a different ora about this team, and they are becoming winners game by game, season by season. GO BENGALS.
Reply/Quote