Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know I'm probably in the minority here but......
The thought of wanting the Bengals to lose to the Clowns or Pukesburg just to get a better draft pick is lost on me. I cant stand the fans of either team. Since I am a northern Ohio fan, ever since the Clowns have started winning, its just sickening to me to hear all the B.S. they are spouting. I know we all want a coaching change and good draft picks, but I still want the Bengals to bash both Mayfield and Stupidberger into the ground. Mike Brown is gonna do what he is gonna do. Winning or losing doesn't seem to change his mind one way or another so I hope they beat both of the teams I hate the most! Anyone else agree?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hard to say either way now. If we lose I won’t be upset. If we win I won’t be happy. So yeah, even though I will still be watching, there will be zero excitement.

Reply/Quote
Absolutely agree. Never ok with losing to Pittsburgh, and Cleveland needs to be brought down a peg or two. I hope we win both games. We never hit on our 1st rd picks anyway (unless it’s a unanimous top 5 player like AJ), and Marvin will be back regardless.

Baltimore is my least hated division rival, so I’m fine with helping them out.

Reply/Quote
Such an annoying situation. Sad that we have to hope for losses to gain a new coach. Better draft picks are understandable, but a new coach? Is Mike Browns decision to keep Marvin around at least another year really riding on these last two games? Or has he already made up his mind (hue....)?

Me personally, I have the game on every Sunday and it’s fun to see Mixon shred a defense, but the excitement isn’t exactly there for me like it would be if we still had playoff hopes. That and the obvious question of Marvin’s return. I would take pick #32 over pick #1 in the draft if it meant marvin being gone. You could even persuade me into giving up all of our draft picks next year just to see him gone.

Pretty depressing what we as Bengals fans have to go through.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 08:12 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hard to say either way now. If we lose I won’t be upset. If we win I won’t be happy. So yeah, even though I will still be watching, there will be zero excitement.

Seeing us at least beat Pitt would be amazing, I don’t think any real Bengls fan can honestly stomach the sight of the Bengals getting beat by those losers. It’s the fear of Marvin coming back another year that has us between a rock and a hard place.

Can we just make Mike and Marvin disappear please?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 09:04 AM)Takedown Wrote: Such an annoying situation. Sad that we have to hope for losses to gain a new coach. Better draft picks are understandable, but a new coach? Is Mike Browns decision to keep Marvin around at least another year really riding on these last two games? Or has he already made up his mind (hue....)?

Me personally, I have the game on every Sunday and it’s fun to see Mixon shred a defense, but the excitement isn’t exactly there for me like it would be if we still had playoff hopes. That and the obvious question of Marvin’s return. I would take pick #32 over pick #1 in the draft if it meant marvin being gone. You could even persuade me into giving up all of our draft picks next year just to see him gone.

Pretty depressing what we as Bengals fans have to go through.

I think the hopes of getting rid of Marvin are all but crushed at this point (unless he chooses to leave).

We were competitive against a top 5 team and we showed a degree of dominance over a really really bad team.

Those are the two competitive check marks Mikey Boy needs to sign off on a coach for at least a decade.

So these final two games are likely purely for draft position.
Reply/Quote
We had a lot of empty seats at the game that might help Mike make the right choice if he thinks it will carry over to next season.

I want new coaches except a select few like Pollock and the QB coach but I do not really see Mike making that change. I guess its just hard to see him making the change since its been the same old same old for so long now.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 08:01 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: The thought of wanting the Bengals to lose the the Clowns or Pukesburg just to get a better draft pick is lost on me.  I cant stand the fans of either team.  Since I am a northern Ohio fan, ever since the Clowns have started winning, its just sickening to me to hear all the B.S. they are spouting.  I know we all want a coaching change and good draft picks, but I still want the Bengals to bash both Mayfield and Stupidberger into the ground.  Mike Brown is gonna do what he is gonna do.  Winning or losing doesn't seem to change his mind one way or another so I hope they beat both of the teams I hate the most!  Anyone else agree?

Agree 100%.  I didn't become a fan to root for draft pick positioning.  I want to see my team win and the fans of opposing teams suffer.  And this year, that means beating Cleveland in their place.  Our D needs to knock Mayfield's dick in the dirt.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Hate Pittsburgh with every fiber in my body and don’t like Cleveland either but I want to see the Bengals win a championship one day and that will never happen under Marvin Lewis. Rather start the rebuilding process now than have to wait, watching another wasted season with this loser coach. Call me a bad fan I don’t care. I’m more concerned with the long term success of the team vs. wining two meaningless games at the end of the season. They’ll probably win because this team plays well when there’s no pressure on them a Marvin Lewis staple.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 08:12 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hard to say either way now. If we lose I won’t be upset. If we win I won’t be happy. So yeah, even though I will still be watching, there will be zero excitement.

This is me as well. I really don't care, apathy. MB is going to do what he's going to do regardless of these games. Moving up a couple draft picks means nothing either.
Reply/Quote
Apparently here is how it is supposed to work.

As a fan you are supposed to rip the players for giving up on the season, rip the coach for "losing the team", and then whine and complain when we win instead of lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 10:21 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Hate Pittsburgh with every fiber in my body and don’t like Cleveland either but I want to see the Bengals win a championship one day and that will never happen under Marvin Lewis. Rather start the rebuilding process now than have to wait, watching another wasted season with this loser coach. Call me a bad fan I don’t care.  I’m more concerned with the long term success of the team vs. wining two meaningless games at the end of the season. They’ll probably win because this team plays well when there’s no pressure on them a Marvin Lewis staple.

Well at one point early when he started, I thought it could, but if you look back at the bad history of the Bengals there is really one thing that has never changed, and that's the owner and his way of doing things.  I wouldn't call you a bad fan, just super frustrated like the rest of us.  You haven't truly gave up, or you wouldn't even bother posting.  Hang in there buddy, someday Mikey will no longer call the shots!
Reply/Quote
Been a fan of the team since damn near its beginning and the next time I root for them to lose will be the 1st time.

Although I will admit I find myself watching more and more Colts games lately.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Apparently here is how it is supposed to work.

As a fan you are supposed to rip the players for giving up on the season, rip the coach for "losing the team", and then whine and complain when we win instead of lose.

I have to say it is a bit amusing to see how much love Mixon got for calling out the team's effort and saying that you'll learn a lot about people by the effort they give during this last month (or something to that effect), followed by fans hoping we lose.  Perhaps you'll learn a lot by fans based on how much effort(?) they put into this lost month, etc.

Actually, I think people are more "OK" with losing now than they are hoping we lose, but it is a case by case basis.  Personally, I've seen nothing to indicate that losing leads to Marvin getting fired or Mike Brown stepping down as GM.  Why root for that? Plus, our biggest lamentations of the latest drafts are more about reaching for players who aren't up to snuff...not something getting a higher draft pick would have fixed.

I don't think we beat the Steelers in week 17, but the idea of rooting for the Bengals to lose and ensure the Steelers make the playoffs just so we can watch Marvin Lewis still be the HC and Mike Brown still be the GM going into 2019 would be a gloriously terrible, yet utterly deserved nightmare.
Reply/Quote
Always want the Bengals to win. Even if we are out of it, and beat up from an injury standpoint, I'm still interested in following the young guys and the back ups that don't play as much.
Reply/Quote
Beating Cleveland this coming Sunday would eliminate them from the playoffs and would also return them to last place in the division. That would be nice!

If the Squeelers lose to NO and Baltimore wins either of their last two games (Chargers or Browns), a win by the Bengals over the Squeelers in week 17 would keep them from winning the division and might even end their playoff hopes, depending on how Indy and Tennessee do in their final two games.

So I'm rooting for the team to win out.

Reply/Quote
I’m about 99% sure Mike will do the lazy/wrong thing and bring Marvin back regardless of how this season finishes. So I’m with you, I hope we win out, embarrass the Browns and eliminate Pittsburgh in week 17.
Reply/Quote
Where the Bengals select in the draft really only matters if it means getting a certain player that would A) be a really good player, and B) has a higher risk of not being available the later in the order the Bengals select.

What particular player(s) is everyone hoping the Bengals select, especially one(s) that may not be available outside the Top 10?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I will never root for the Stealers, not even if a win by them outs us in the playoffs, or any other scenario you can come up with. I honestly hope they never win another game, ever.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I'll never root for the team to lose.

It's not like picking 1-2 spots higher will make much difference anyways. Usually we reach on 1st Round picks.
Reply/Quote