Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm done!!
(03-10-2017, 08:18 PM)hollodero Wrote: I did.

(And I understand letting Whitworth and Zeitler go... but I want an O-Line! The "we have only two millions left, and a FA signing would mess with our comp picks"-argument is still annoying.)

You're not alone.  It seems that a significant portion of Bengaldom is always wanting better OL.  Even a couple of years ago, when we had 4 great OL and one dud (Bodine), we still wanted better OL.  Perhaps it is the OL coach that we should be wishing for change from?  For some odd reason, Sports Illustrated thinks that Paul Alexander is the greatest OL coach of all time (figuratively speaking), I, however, do not agree.  I think that he is stuck in a time warp, and that the modern game has passed him by.  In order to have a strong OL, you need to build from the inside and work outward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Face it, out o-line sucked last year WITH Whitworth and Zeitler. It was crazy for the Rams to give Whit a 3 yr deal. And although they should have locked Z up before he hit free agency, I would have been pissed had they given him the stupid money the Browns did, when there are solid o-linemen coming out in the draft. On to better things.....
Reply/Quote
How Mr. Brown views most Bengal fans..

[Image: 17201252_1847871922132437_32531270036106...e=59705212]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: good post

At the end of the day folks its a football team and its for entertainment...  Is losing as entertaining as winning hell no.   But we don't know if we will lose more than win next year.. or any year till it plays out that's why you gotta....

Just enjoy the ride.  

Offseason has a long way to go.  

This fan attitude that you shared is exactly what Mikey Brown is Banking on...and I mean BANKING $$$$$$
FYI, I am coming up on my 50th year as a Bengal fan and I feel I have a right to gripe at the way this franchise is managed. Sick PB would not be happy.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:41 PM)Derrick Wrote: This fan attitude that you shared is exactly what Mikey Brown is Banking on...and I mean BANKING $$$$$$
FYI, I am coming up on my 50th year as a Bengal fan and I feel I have a right to gripe at the way this franchise is managed. Sick PB would not be happy.

Paul Brown would not be happy???

Are you kidding me???

He'd have Mikey boy over his knee beating him senseless with just about any and every object he could reach.

Reply/Quote
Heres the thing, the philosophy of building your team through the draft works, but when you whiff on the draft you need to augment that strategy with free agency. We aren't doing that, and that's just bad
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ever checked out his Wiki page?  Doesn't paint a picture of a beloved team owner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Brown_(American_football_executive)

Thanks, Sunset ,for linking the Wikipedia article. It brought back a lot of teeth-gnashing memories.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 06:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm done pouting and being upset about the events that transpired yesterday, regarding the Bengals.  I mean, c'mon, many of us predicted, a few years ago, that we wouldn't be able to keep all of the talent that was on the roster.  Throwing huge money at Whitworth would have been a poor business decision for the team.  Whitworth would have been stupid to not have taken the money.  The team drafted a pair of tackles with their top two picks, just two years ago, in preparation for Whitworth to ride off into the sunset.  The day has now come, and all we can do now is hope that those guys develop into the players that they were drafted so highly to be.

I think that many of us knew, deep in our hearts that the team wasn't going to offer any serious money to Zeitler.  We all know that the organization does not put big money into the interior of the OL.  Not a philosophy that I agree with, just the reality of the situation.  Once again, all we can do is hope that one of the guys on the bench is ready to step up into the starting role.

You see that I've had to resort to using "hope" in both of the previous paragraphs, and there is a good reason.  Being a lifelong fan of the Bengals takes a lot of hope.  Hope, patience, and most of all, optimism.  Being a fan of the Bengals isn't for the weak of character, the bandwagon fan, or anyone that loves to follow a frontrunner.  No sir, in order to be a Bengal fan, one must be completely comfortable with the knowledge that the organization is hell bent on producing mediocrity, and love them anyway.  Here's to the eternal optimist in all of us, Go Bengals!

P.S.  I'll bet a couple of you thought this was going to be my fan resignation letter, didn't you?  Takes more that to get rid of me, my heart is made of titanium, and it has been trampled on by way meaner bitches than Mike Brown..

Until you used the word Mediocrity, It sounded like us die hard fan's were equal to Marines! Then Mediocrity brought it all back into perspective. I felt bad ass for .06 seconds!

Reply/Quote
Let's travel back in time a bit and remember that the Bengals by all accounts matched Detroit's offer for Marvin Jones yet HE chose to leave because he wanted to be #1.

Also, Mo Sanu. Yeah the Falcons paid crazy money for him and we replaced him nicely with Tyler Boyd.

I must say I haven't seen Andre Smiths name brought up on here at all until the last 2 days when it is convenient to use him to bash the team. Hularious

Reggie Nelson. He was a tough one and a lot of us wanted him back but the team decided to go younger and while that hasn't quite panned out yet........................it still could.

Just wanted to remind some people of some facts. Carry on wayward sons.

Reply/Quote
Do not think anybody on here is going anywhere. Believe all are true fans.

Know I have been a season ticket holder for 27 years now and a fan as long as I can recall and am 54.

But sometimes it is good to vent in lieu of murdering an innocent bystander. lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 06:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm done pouting and being upset about the events that transpired yesterday, regarding the Bengals. I mean, c'mon, many of us predicted, a few years ago, that we wouldn't be able to keep all of the talent that was on the roster. Throwing huge money at Whitworth would have been a poor business decision for the team. Whitworth would have been stupid to not have taken the money. The team drafted a pair of tackles with their top two picks, just two years ago, in preparation for Whitworth to ride off into the sunset. The day has now come, and all we can do now is hope that those guys develop into the players that they were drafted so highly to be.

I think that many of us knew, deep in our hearts that the team wasn't going to offer any serious money to Zeitler. We all know that the organization does not put big money into the interior of the OL. Not a philosophy that I agree with, just the reality of the situation. Once again, all we can do is hope that one of the guys on the bench is ready to step up into the starting role.

You see that I've had to resort to using "hope" in both of the previous paragraphs, and there is a good reason. Being a lifelong fan of the Bengals takes a lot of hope. Hope, patience, and most of all, optimism. Being a fan of the Bengals isn't for the weak of character, the bandwagon fan, or anyone that loves to follow a frontrunner. No sir, in order to be a Bengal fan, one must be completely comfortable with the knowledge that the organization is hell bent on producing mediocrity, and love them anyway. Here's to the eternal optimist in all of us, Go Bengals!

P.S. I'll bet a couple of you thought this was going to be my fan resignation letter, didn't you? Takes more that to get rid of me, my heart is made of titanium, and it has been trampled on by way meaner bitches than Mike Brown..
Yeah next man up only problem unlike Steelers and others we lose guys and our next man up is always a downgrade

Boy hope I am wrong but time to win is now for me to keep investing
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: But sometimes it is good to vent in lieu of murdering an innocent bystander. lol

Oh now you tell me this.   Nervous
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:18 PM)Derrick Wrote: Thanks, Sunset ,for linking the Wikipedia article. It brought back a lot of teeth-gnashing memories.

I clicked on the link and my computer said "page not available." I think it's trying to protect me.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 06:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let's face it, we are clearly in some sort of kinky Domme/Sub relationship with Mike Brown.  Just face that sexy, sexy fact.

It could be worse.  MY NFC team is The Redskins.  Its like dating Christian Grey and having Edward Rochester as your side piece.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
Yes the Bengals were wise to let them walk at those prices...but they are/were very unwise for not having an attack strategy for free agency. A plan B.

They're also unwise (I'm being nice here) for bringing back the coach that put us in this predicament.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm not at all upset. Witt is old by NFL standards and now Z is ridiculously overpaid. It is and always will be a young man's game so out with the old and in with the new. If Ced doesn't pan out someone else will eventually. Look, if he's as bad as last year he won't be around long and someone else will replace him. 
I have never expected this or any team to be perfect every year and I still have doubts about NE even playing by the same rules the rest of the league. We know Pittsburgh doesn't so I'm still a Bengals fan even though I would never pay a damned dime to be one. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I thought we had a slight chance for Whit,but his tone lead me to believe otherwise. I knew Z was bouncing. Crazy money in both cases. #Dolladollabillsyo!! Dre K's deal at first seemed ludicrous, but after reflecting it may not be that bad.

Stubborn mules the lot of ya! Not a dumber group of poor bastards ever!! That said, I wouldn't trade a single one of you for nothing. Well, maybe one or two of ya? Haha, just joking. This group is Bengal to the root.

Now we must push on.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: good post

At the end of the day folks its a football team and its for entertainment...  Is losing as entertaining as winning hell no.   But we don't know if we will lose more than win next year..

If we beat the stealers and browns I will be jubilant
Reply/Quote
I am staying positive my brother. So the team had a down year after going to playoffs several years in a row. Sure, there are a lot of questions but answers will come with the draft. I just hope they draft a difference maker at 9th in the up coming draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:50 PM)Bronze Bengal Wrote: It could be worse.  MY NFC team is The Redskins.  Its like dating Christian Grey and having Edward Rochester as your side piece.

My NFC team is the Bears. I think last year was almost as depressing as 1998 where I had 2 teams that went 6-26.
Reply/Quote