Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm done!!
At least we're not the browns?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:29 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: At least we're not the browns?

At least the Browns will be able to run the ball this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Watch the Browns be a better team then us next season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bengaldom should just own it this year, and have a whole stadium wearing "4th in the North" t shirts. I didn't coin the phrase, but I like it.... embarrass the front office with them all over tv....
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengaldom should just own it this year, and have a whole stadium wearing "4th in the North" t shirts. I didn't coin the phrase, but I like it.... embarrass the front office with them all over tv....

Have to change those shirts to "Third above the Turds".

Don't forget my royalties checks f you use it.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Pro Bowl snubs are the norm for Bengal players because it is a popularity contest in many ways. Mike Brown's record over the part 26 years doesnt generate much interest in the team outside of the Cincinnati area. Pro Bowl snubs are more of an indictment of Mike Brown than player performance. 

If someone is measuring the ability of a Bengals' player by Pro Bowl appearances, that person doesn't know shit about the Bengals. 

Look how long it took Whit to get to one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
But Mikey is aspiring to be. Sick Sad Sick
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:49 PM)McC Wrote: Look how long it took Whit to get to one.

I know. I doubt he got a Pro Bowl nod during his rookie contract, but was too lazy to look it up.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least the Browns will be able to run the ball this season.

I hate the browns probably equal to Pitt, so I hope it's not true, but they're going to be a different team next year. If they get a franchise type QB...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:00 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I hate the browns probably equal to Pitt, so I hope it's not true, but they're going to be a different team next year. If they get a franchise type QB...

The browns drafted 5 WRs in last years draft and their best WR turned out to be Terrelle Pryor....who they let go in FA this season. I'm not sweating the browns yet. They always figure out a way to screw it up.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 06:22 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: One of my dad's favorite sayings is "Whaddya gonna do?"

Whaddya gonna do...

I drink another beer,

repeat
Reply/Quote
I don't care who they let go, why they let them go or who they sign. This owner and coach, at best, will produce another one-and-done season this year. Odds are, they won't even do that. And they won't get an ounce of anger out of me this season because, while i'll be there to watch, i'll drop them like a bad habit as soon as they start screwing up again and go find something else to do with my random Sunday. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 06:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I dont know, but I am becoming less of a Bengals fan as the years progress. They are my hometown team, so I am basically cursed to them. But I certainly dont love them like I used to ages ago, and have no reason to go to any games spending my money on them.

p.s. not tryin to be a Debbie Downer of this thread, its just sort of where the state of Millhouse is.

This is exactly how I feel. A switch flipped in me at some point last season. Honestly, life is better this way. I feel about the Bengals how Peter did about Initech after the hypnosis.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Pro Bowl snubs are the norm for Bengal players because it is a popularity contest in many ways. Mike Brown's record over the part 26 years doesnt generate much interest in the team outside of the Cincinnati area. Pro Bowl snubs are more of an indictment of Mike Brown than player performance. 

If someone is measuring the ability of a Bengals' player by Pro Bowl appearances, that person doesn't know shit about the Bengals. 

The mention of no Pro Bowls for Zeitler was in relation to him now being the Highest paid Guard in NFL History Einstein. Zeitler is a very solid Guard but we are talking about an ALL Time highest Guard Contract here. He is not the Best Guard in the NFL right now and definitely not the Best All Time. Cleveland had a ton of money to spend to reach the minimum spending requirement and made sure they outbid 31 other teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 03:09 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: This is exactly how I feel. A switch flipped in me at some point last season.  Honestly, life is better this way.  I feel about the Bengals how Peter did about Initech after the hypnosis.

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 10:56 AM)depthchart Wrote: The mention of no Pro Bowls for Zeitler was in relation to him now being the Highest paid Guard in NFL History Einstein. Zeitler is a very solid Guard but we are talking about an ALL Time highest Guard Contract here. He is not the Best Guard in the NFL right now and definitely not the Best All Time. Cleveland had a ton of money to spend to reach the minimum spending requirement and made sure they outbid 31 other teams.

I realize that and Whitworth's Pro Bowl snubs didn't affect his ability to play. So once again, measuring ability by Pro Bowl appearance is a poor yardstick. Especially for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 11:19 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I realize that and Whitworth's Pro Bowl snubs didn't affect his ability to play. So once again, measuring ability by Pro Bowl appearance is a poor yardstick. Especially for the Bengals.

I'm measuring the CONTRACT. Highest Paid Guard of All Time. Zeitler may have borderline Pro Bowl ability but does not have ALL Time Highest Guard Contract abilities.
Reply/Quote
Zeitler's contract was insane, and the Bengals would have been insane to match it.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 11:30 AM)depthchart Wrote: I'm measuring the CONTRACT. Highest Paid Guard of All Time. Zeitler may have borderline Pro Bowl ability but does not have ALL Time Highest Guard Contract abilities.

Three years from now Zeitler's contract won't even be in the top 10 for his position.

(03-10-2017, 06:37 PM)depthchart Wrote: Zeitler is now the HIGHEST paid Guard in NFL history with zero Pro Bowl appearances.

If you want to argue his ability, fine. Then don't measure his ability by Pro Bowl appearances.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Zeitler's contract was insane, and the Bengals would have been insane to match it.

Yup, but stupid for not extending him prior to DeCastro's deal......like they said they were gonna do when we couldn't have any outside FA help because........rollover for Zeitler. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote