Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm happy we lost. Come tell me I'm a bad fan.
(12-10-2018, 06:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The next time I root for the Bengals to lose a game will be the first time I root for the Bengals to lose a game and I don't think it's happening anytime soon.

Would folks take back last year's season ending victory that knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs so we could move up a couple draft picks?

Agree with this.  I would rather beat the Steelers and drop down a pick or 2 just for the satisfaction.  And for what it's worth, I've NEVER pulled for the Bengals to lose.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 04:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So, basically, you're saying being a fan of the Bengals is pointless because they have no hope of improving regardless of what they do?

That's a pretty bleak opinion, man.

If I shared that view, I can see how beating the Steelers or Browns would be the highest aspiration you have for your team.

Nope, that is your opinion.

What we have is two different issues.
Issue 1 is ALWAYS beating the Steelers and Browns.
If you are hoping to lose to these teams you need to have your head examined.

Issue 2 is Even if we get a new HC, it means absolutely nothing if we have the same mentality that Mike Brown has for owning the team.
Since, the NFL has moved to Free Agency, the players are no longer "slaves" to their teams, aka Whitworth. He had a number of teams courting him and the Bengals were not even close. In addition, the Facility of the Bengals don't compare with most other teams. And don't get me started in courting big star Free Agents. The last "big star" we courted was T.O. in 2010.   
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You're a bad fan, yet not nearly as bad as most.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 09:00 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Agree with this.  I would rather beat the Steelers and drop down a pick or 2 just for the satisfaction.  And for what it's worth, I've NEVER pulled for the Bengals to lose.

Will pull for Bengals victory all day and twice on Sunday. 

Was very happy the Raiders were not playing for a draft pick last week as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 12:00 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Ok....then let's say that Cincy beating the Ravens was what gave Brown the gall to give Marvin another "last" chance as HC.  However, losing would have guaranteed Marvin's departure.  You still want Cincy to win?  Answer logically and without emotion.

Logically and without emotion:  how would I know that sitting in my living room at 7:30 last New Year's Eve as it was unfolding? 

But, lest I be accused of dodging the question, let me say this:  As a fan, who will be in attendance Sunday,  I want us to beat the Raiders. As a fan, who hates the Browns with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns, I want them to beat Cleveland.  And, Pittsburgh, don't even get me started.  So, yes, as a fan I want us to win out.  

Look, Mike is gonna Mike, no matter what, so gimme the Ws in the meantime.  And, at this point, Marvin gone equals Hue as HC anyway, you can book that.  So, if those are the choices, do you want wins and Marvin or losses and Hue?  That's an easy choice for me.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote