Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
I'm in tears
I just watched that game live from Australia, I am in tears after seeing this team get that win. I feel a long way away from Cinci but I really hope you guys over there enjoy the coming week and what this team can do. I am with you all in spirit.
Reply/Quote
Me too, man, me too
Reply/Quote
Tears?

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I definitely teared up. It has been a long time. I lived in Dayton last time we won a playoff game. And the pain from all those mistakes. Then seeing them almost happen again. But we overcame them, even the refs at the end. And finally got that W. Was an emotional moment for me for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:04 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: I just watched that game live from Australia, I am in tears after seeing this team get that win. I feel a long way away from Cinci but I really hope you guys over there enjoy the coming week and what this team can do. I am with you all in spirit.

Good on you, mate. The Jungle was rocking tonight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:18 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Yeah, I definitely teared up. It has been a long time. I lived in Dayton last time we won a playoff game. And the pain from all those mistakes. Then seeing them almost happen again. But we overcame them, even the refs at the end. And finally got that W. Was an emotional moment for me for sure.

I think if we'd run away in this, I would've been fine.

It was just seeing them almost "bungle" it at the end, then Pratt seals it?

Yeah the emotional roller coaster did me in.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think if we'd run away in this, I would've been fine.

Exactly. It was more of the oh crap here it comes only to finally overcome it and see the clock at 0000. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Good on you, mate.  The Jungle was rocking tonight.

Would have loved to have been there but so glad you got to experience it, it is a bit of a funny feeling being so emotionally connected to a team from the other side of the world. That win meant an awful lot to me.
Reply/Quote
I feel you man Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Happiest tears I've had in a long time.
Reply/Quote
We're all right there with you. Any person who didn't get at least a little emotional when the interception implication sank in, they are either a casual fan or very young and don't have a grasp on the amount of time that the Curse of Bo existed.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think if we'd run away in this, I would've been fine.

Exactly, the demons of the past definitely rose in my mind and the roughing the passer call just seemed to be such are Bengals moment that those demons were gaining control. 

When that intercept was taken though the emotional relief was huge and I am man enough to admit I shed a few tears, that is what sport is to me, those amazingly emotional moments. It may only be a wildcard win but it has been a ling time coming.
Reply/Quote
I shed a few myself when Pratt made that pick. I love this team so much. And I love most of you people, too. :P

Reply/Quote
Could we just combine all the crying threads/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:35 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Would have loved to have been there but so glad you got to experience it, it is a bit of a funny feeling being so emotionally connected to a team from the other side of the world. That win meant an awful lot to me.

Save some money, make a trip, and attend a Bengals game. You won’t regret it.
Reply/Quote
Being a Bengals fan sure is rough on the body and mind.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Save some money, make a trip, and attend a Bengals game.  You won’t regret it.

I have actually been to one game, the season opener in 2011 in Cleveland. Andy Dalton and AJ Green's first game.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:44 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: I have actually been to one game, the season opener in 2011 in Cleveland. Andy Dalton and AJ Green's first game.

That was a good one. Cincinnati is a lot nicer than Cleveland but congratulations on surviving in Cleveland. Haha!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That was a good one.  Cincinnati is a lot nicer than Cleveland but congratulations on surviving in Cleveland. Haha!

Yeah, just happened to be where were playing with the timing of my trip. The Cleveland fans were quite good to me but I think they were shocked to see someone from Australia at a Brown V Bengals game. They kept asking me why I don't support a big market team.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We're all right there with you.  Any person who didn't get at least a little emotional when the interception implication sank in, they are either a casual fan or very young and don't have a grasp on the amount of time that the Curse of Bo existed.

Frankly I felt a little irritated that they even had a chance.  I thought we should've blown them out.   We were by far the superior team.  Very happy we are moving on though.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote