Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm kind of glad the Oline got dominated.....
7 sacks on Andy Dalton. In years past, when the oline has a game like this, Whit and crew take it personal and come out and reek havoc in the next game. So, watch lots and lots of game film this week boys, and get pissed off that you let Andy hit the ground 7 times....... then take it out on the Stoolers..... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 7 sacks on Andy Dalton. In years past, when the oline has a game like this, Whit and crew take it personal and come out and reek havoc in the next game. So, watch lots and lots of game film this week boys, and get pissed off that you let Andy hit the ground 7 times....... then take it out on the Stoolers..... Rock On

Im tired of the "but the Jets have a really good defensive line" excuses. Our line was effing awful yesterday and it started with that bum Bodine getting pushed back into Andy's face every damn snap. Bodine is horrible and we need to figure out something else going ahead.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:02 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im tired of the "but the Jets have a really good defensive line" excuses. Our line was effing awful yesterday and it started with that bum Bodine getting pushed back into Andy's face every damn snap. Bodine is horrible and we need to figure out something else going ahead.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:02 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im tired of the "but the Jets have a really good defensive line" excuses. Our line was effing awful yesterday and it started with that bum Bodine getting pushed back into Andy's face every damn snap. Bodine is horrible and we need to figure out something else going ahead.

Yup, silly excuse.

Reply/Quote
The new O-Line Group photo :

[Image: welcome-door-mat-example-simple-ideas-door-mats.jpg]
Reply/Quote

The same people who make that excuse from yesterdays performance can also have it turned around at the end of the year if the Bengals don't go deep into the playoffs...

"But the _____ has a really good team and thats why they went deep into the playoffs and we didn't "
Reply/Quote
What's the best option instead of Bodine?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Not to make excuses for the o-line, but that crowd yesterday was electric. That should of been an all-time great win for New York. It was very Jets-like for them to lose that game.

IMO, any o-line struggles during games like this. When the crowd is that emotional, it can be difficult to get the right calls on the line and figure out who needs to be blocked. If the Jets don't have that pass rush yesterday, we win the game by 13+ points.

Whitworth and Co. won't use that as an excuse though. Especially with Pittsburgh coming up.

Unless Pitt loses tonight, there is a good chance Cincy will be underdogs in our next two games. If this o-line doesn't play up to their ability RIGHT NOW, we could be in for a rough couple of weeks. You can't expect MVP performances from Dalton every game.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I say we go down to a local Golden Corral. :jk:
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:18 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: What's the best option instead of Bodine?

I don't know but id start giving Westerman more reps at center in practice.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:18 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: What's the best option instead of Bodine?

A subway turnstile. 
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote

IDK, I think its fine to admit that the Jets have a ferocious front 7. I'm sure when teams play us and Geno Atkins/Dunlap destroy them they remind themselves that those 2 are a hell of a tandem.

It's not an excuse, its just a reason for confidence heading into future weeks.
Reply/Quote
I expect the team to stick with Bodine through the rest of this year.
They may or may not give Westerman some (more?) reps as the season goes on, but they want him focused mainly on OG this year (IIRC).

I would hope the Bengals will finally take a center early (first or second round) in next year's draft. The draft pick can compete with Bodine and either win the job flat out next year or, at worst, succeed Bodine in 2018 since Bodine enters a contract year next season.

I got my eye personally on Elflein and Pocic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Unless he had violent diarrhea and decided to play through it, this needs to be addressed. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:10 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A subway turnstile. 

Rock On
Reply/Quote

Stefan Wisniewski is up for trade and he's much better than Bodine...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:35 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Stefan Wisniewski is up for trade and he's much better than Bodine...

Will never happen. Mike Brown isn't going to go against Paul Alexander.
Reply/Quote
I know it will be viewed as an excuse, but I mean, the Jets REALLY do have a tremendous front 7. I doubt they'll get 7 sacks every game this season, but it can't be just brushed aside that they are possibly the BEST front 7 in the NFL currently in terms of strength, push, etc... AND that crowd was jacked most of the afternoon, which I think is also valid and cannot be understated. That said, clearly the middle of our Oline got dominated, and that seems to be a trend almost regardless of who we played last year too, so there's definitely a concern there... The Jets front 7 ARE really good. That crowd noise was a REAL factor for Oline communication. These are facts. However, the middle of the Oline needs to hold up better. That is also a fact
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:38 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Will never happen. Mike Brown isn't going to go against Paul Alexander.

True, but If I'm Andy...

I don't know if I can trust my center right now..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:44 PM)milksheikh Wrote: True, but If I'm Andy...

I don't know if I can trust my center right now..

I mean if Andy goes and says something to Marvin and Mike, maybe, but I cant see Dalton doing that. Its the coaches job to address these kind of things to ownership. Marvin can simply say to Mike Brown, hey Russell is going to get Andy killed before too long, and we need to find another option going forward. Then Mike should say do you see this option already on the roster or do we need to go outside the club?

Ultimately its up to them, and to ignore it is pure negligence.
Reply/Quote