Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm kind of glad the Oline got dominated.....

Reply/Quote
I've got a great idea for Bodine! Let's put him at safety. That guy can back pedal with the best dbs in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 11:10 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A subway turnstile. 

Those do occasionally get stuck and can be difficult to get through.   Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bodine looked absolutely terrible and shame on the coaching staff and the front office for ignoring a weak spot that every sports player/pundit/fan can see is an issue on our line. Ignoring the issues isn't going to fix it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:35 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Stefan Wisniewski is up for trade and he's much better than Bodine...

It's a little late in the game to get a FA center.  And Wisniewski has been available for a while and received little interest, leading me to believe that he is either injured or just not the player he was.

The time to do this was either in the draft or initial free agency.  We drafted Westerman but I don't think they had Bodine in mind when they did.  There was effectively no significant competition in camp for the BACKUP, much less the starter.  Stupid considering the weakness we've had at the position since Cook was healthy.  If Bodine is so fragile emotionally that the team did not want to discourage him by bringing someone into camp then he shouldn't be playing pro ball.

I am not qualified to question Alexander since I know pretty much nothing about coaching or talent assessment - much less the situation at hand.  But Bodine was horrendous in the few plays I've been able to break down.

Just one game and I hope Bodine and the rest of the interior make us all look bad.  But I was totally embarrassed by their performance yesterday.  There  is no excuse for a performance that bad.  Half that bad maybe...
Reply/Quote
Remember when Bodine was getting lots of love after the 3rd preseason game?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I expect the team to stick with Bodine through the rest of this year.
They may or may not give Westerman some (more?) reps as the season goes on, but they want him focused mainly on OG this year (IIRC).

I would hope the Bengals will finally take a center early (first or second round) in next year's draft. The draft pick can compete with Bodine and either win the job flat out next year or, at worst, succeed Bodine in 2018 since Bodine enters a contract year next season.

I got my eye personally on Elflein and Pocic.

This O-line needs a ton of work and I truly believe Bodine it going to get andy really hurt and he was super ticked off at him one of the times he got hit.It hurt him and he came off the ground and stared right at bodine.He needs to be replaced big time,as to who I am not sure.I know Centers that are super good are very hard to fine.We need to start looking,even if we have someone already on our team that good give him some rest during the games.the stoolers are drooling right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bodine looked absolutely terrible and shame on the coaching staff and the front office for ignoring a weak spot that every sports player/pundit/fan can see is an issue on our line. Ignoring the issues isn't going to fix it.

Seriously, how can you claim that he is going to get Andy killed when he has been starting for two years already and has not gotten Andy killed?

Way too much overreaction.  You all are nothing but a bunch of drama queens buying into message board mob mentality.  Reminds me of how so many of you were OUTRAGED that Nugent was going to be our place kicker this year and tried to shame the coaching staff for making such a decision.

Here is what happened.  The entire O-line sucked.  I am not defending Bodines play, but I have been watching him for 2 years and he is not as bad as many of you claim.  In fact Dalton was arguably the best protected QB in the entire season last year with Bodine playing every snap at center.
Reply/Quote
They can't just poop a better center. However, I'm astonished that they haven't tried hard to replace him the last 2 seasons.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:30 PM)Utts Wrote: They just can't poop a better center . However, I'm astonished that they haven't tried hard to replace him the last 2 seasons.

Funny you used that particular bodily function when describing our situation at center.  I was also comparing to what Bodine was trying to pass as effective center play to defecation as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:02 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Those do occasionally get stuck and can be difficult to get through.   Mellow

The same cannot be said about Bodine.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:18 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: What's the best option instead of Bodine?

Clint Boling, easily.  Put Jake Fisher at LG, and Bodine on the bench, and roll on...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We did not handle stunts well. Our rookie RT twice did not pick up stunts leading to 2 sacks, but not sure if it was all on him or on Zeitler or both. The bottom line is our OL was dominated all day by the Jets DL and regardless of how good the Jets DL is and they are great, we need to get better. We can't have our QB get sacked 7 times and hit almost 20 times in one game. Also, our offense only had the ball for 25 minutes so the T.O.P. makes it worse. On a positive note, our offense still out gained the Jets running a lot less plays. Our defense gave up less yards in spite of being on the field for 35 minutes in the extreme heat.

You can bet the Stoolers will be stunting too. It worked for the Jets. I focused on Bodine quite a bit and man did he got tossed!
Reply/Quote