Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm no longer undecided on ZT. The guy has got to go.
(12-12-2021, 10:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been back and fourth on him all year. This loss was the nail in the coffin for me. He needs to pack his bags after the season. He's not an asset to this team, he's holding them back.

Yup, get him the **** outta here... 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 11:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Regardless of whether you like Zac or not, there's always a bottom line when it comes to head coaches, and Zac's bottom line is still pretty troublesome to say the least:

13-31-1 record in 3 years.
He's lost 4 of his last 5 home games. 
After starting 5-2, he's went 2-4 over the last 6.

For me, it's nothing personal against Zac. I don't hate the guy or anything. I just don't think he's the answer. 

Not that any of that matters. He'll still be the HC next year, so we'll just have to hope he continues to grow, learn and find his way. 

I'm with you on all but the last sentence.  I think he'll get the boot.  Even a mediocre coach could win with this roster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm with you. Also, we need to stop with this "head coach who calls plays" shit. I think Zac has good traits as a coach, but play calling is not one of them.
Reply/Quote
I think if the team had an actual NFL caliber and proven offensive coordinator who also called the plays a lot of people would be shocked by the huge jump the offense would take. A lot of the struggles do map back to Taylor's bird brained play calling and defective schemes and packages.

Only ZT would just leave the wide open middle of the field unattached. Only ZT has nothing in the playbook to burn aggressive pass rushing, is utterly incompetent at screens and has a wide zone run scheme but constantly calls runs out of a different scheme. Also he is probably the only play caller in the NFL dumb enough to use empty backfields when blitzes are obviously on the menu.

Then there is the constant total lack of playing to our strengths and/or actually attacking the opposing defenses weaknesses. That was literally why we lost the Chicago game and it was key here too. Good offensive coaches study the opposing defense and adjust their scheme to attack weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
I hated Zac after last year, and this year has been a proving year, but we are in the hunt for the playoffs right now, the future is bright.
Reply/Quote
I think it will come down to how the players are feeling.
If the players are still behind him then I think he stays but both Burrow & Mixon looked very frustrated with the play calling during games recently and if this continues and the players start to lose faith in him then I see him going
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 75% of us are with you

Consider me the 25%.

This team has a top tier offense, a solid defense, and basically lost a game because Darius Phillips couldn't catch the ball.  They are STILL in the playoff hunt and a very entertaining team.  

But I guess everyone would rather see him gone and bring in someone like Joe Brady, who couldn't even hold a job at miserable Carolina.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The lproble’m with Zac is I think he thought a fg wins the game.  You had a red hot qb and you took it out of his 
Consider me the 25%.

This team has a top tier offense, a solid defense, and basically lost a game because Darius Phillips couldn't catch the ball.  They are STILL in the playoff hunt and a very entertaining team.  

But I guess everyone would rather see him gone and bring in someone like Joe Brady, who couldn't even hold a job at miserable Carolina.  

I think zac thought a fg wins the game.  You had a red hot qb, and the dork took it out of his hands.  He’s a effing loser.  No excuses you won the coin flip, take the Ball to the end zone.  Fire his dork ass  tomorrow.   Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Get this man a top 5 OL. Joey franchise will win several mvps. Let this Dork continue to ruin his career, and you continue to not have sellouts, and the next serious injury. If he gets fired tomorrow, what other team would hire him? Liberty, maybe.
DORK. Fire he nerd ass.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:16 PM)TheFan Wrote: There was a lot of things in this game that a lot of people will inappropriately blame Taylor for. Such as the 2 fumbles, taunting, Chase drop, Bates drop, etc. 

Despite that, when it came to the things that were actually within Zac Taylor's control, he also failed us. 

The multiple times playing for the field goals during regulation but more glaringly not trying to win the game in OT. Those 2 runs before the Burrow sack were some of the most gutless weak calls I've seen in a long time. The reason this team has no identity is that Zac Taylor has no identity. He started off the year trying to be aggressive and since then has become completely spineless. 

The reason Zac Taylor is now 0-24 while trailing in the 4th is because of Zac Taylor. 

That stat alone (0-24 when trailing in the 4th) should get him fired.
Reply/Quote
Does he have a effing wife? Mine would not let me check the Mail wearing a hoodie that was 2 sizes small. Dork.
Can someone please tell the dork to keep his tounge in his ***** mouth. DORK.
Reply/Quote
Does his daddy have a steakhouse?
Reply/Quote
Zac is no McVay and this game proved Zac lacks the intuitive skill to be a coach for an NFL team. He also proved that he has no confidence on this offense and he lacks the schemes to be able to execute that confidence to success.
Reply/Quote
Dorks should not be allowed to coach in the nfl.
How soon till Joey franchise wants out.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:16 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I question some of the decisions that he makes. Some of them are pretty terrible.

I also have a ton of respect for him flipping the worst team in the league to a team that currently has a winning record and could make the playoffs this year.

I’ll wait to see how the team finishes before I ask for his head again.

hes the reason they were the worst team 2 years running basically.  so i guess kudos for him getting out of his way a little more this year?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Consider me the 25%.

i dont want joe brady but i do want a coach that helps push the team to success rather than be the reason they struggle.

is that reality i dont know but it sure as hell is the preception
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Consider me the 25%.

I just think with whats happening in the rest of the AFC and the talent we have. We should be a playoff team this year. But I think we are gonna miss out and that means we've under acheived and I don't want a coach that has us under achieve and that's all Taylor has had us do since he's been here. This team could be very close having a roster that could be a legitimate contender and if we have a coach who under achieves that will all be wasted.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont want joe brady but i do want a coach that helps push the team to success rather than be the reason they struggle.

is that reality i dont know but it sure as hell is the preception

I want someone to come in with proven head coaching experience. I'm not interested in another "project" guy or someone we have to coddle along and who has to figure it out for a couple years. 

People aren't going to like it, but if a guy like Mike Tomlin were to become available I would 100% be interested in him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: Bengals will win 1 more this season if they are lucky with Zac....and STILL get extension...

we've been to this rodeo many many times before...

(12-12-2021, 10:55 PM)OUatown Wrote: If they finish 1-3. What’s the percentage he is actually not brought back?
I’d 90% chance this lazy organization stays lazy!

It has been almost 30 years since a Bengals coach returned after3 straight losing seasons.

Don't know why so many people think this happens all the time.

If Taylor finishes with a losing record he is gone.  A losing record means we finish 3-7.  Fans will be screaming for blood if that happens.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals only get 1 more win or don't win another game the rest of the season after starting the season 5-2, I'd almost assuredly assume Taylor is gone.
If they go 9-8, I can see Mike Brown giving Taylor a one-year extension with a stipulation of next year having to be the year they make the playoffs.
If they finish out the season 3-1 or 4-0, expect a multi-year extension for Taylor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote